Recent content by Caraxes

  1. Caraxes

    A few notable Region 4D results

    I saw Salem already had a thread, but Jefferson Forest beat LCA 42-7. They've outscored their opponents 251-14 on the season. I think they've got to be considered the favorite to win the region, along with Salem. James Wood beat Warren County 56-26. This is notable because Warren County just...
  2. Caraxes

    Region4D

    I agree with this list. Obviously you're going to run into some good teams along the way no matter what, but getting a top 2 seed will be very beneficial this year. #3 and #4 will get very loseable home games in the first round.
  3. Caraxes

    Region4D

    Syracuse. I know he turned heads at a couple of the camps around VA too. Would love to see him stay in state. I think it would be a good game. From what I've seen on NFHS, Salem is the better team at this point in the season, but the gulf between them might not be as big as it was in 2017. This...
  4. Caraxes

    Region4D

    I think it’ll come down to Salem and Jefferson Forest. Sherando, James Wood, Handley, and G.W. are all decent, but not on the level of the first two consistently. That’s not to say one of those four couldn’t get hot at the right time and go on a run, but they haven’t been as consistently...
  5. Caraxes

    GW Danville getting a lot of love

    Was surprised to see Amherst have as much success as they did against GW last night. Watched the game on NFHS. While GW was clearly the better team, Amherst moved the ball more effectively against their defense than they managed against Salem or Sherando, who both had them largely locked down...
  6. Caraxes

    GW Danville getting a lot of love

    Sherando smothered Loudoun County. 48-21 Final, but it wasn't that close. LC scored once on a deep pass, once aided heavily by penalties on Sherando, and again with 0:22 left in the game. LC could move the ball with short passes to the sides but didn't make it back to the line of scrimmage often...
  7. Caraxes

    GW Danville getting a lot of love

    That seems like an impressive win for GW. Long way to go, but I don't see anyone on their schedule who should be favored over them.
  8. Caraxes

    Aug 25 Appeals Results

    I've already seen at least five people complaining about the Sherando decision. All Handley fans. Some things never change.
  9. Caraxes

    Sherando vs Amherst

    We'll learn a lot about where both of these teams stack up in the region. The Salem/Amherst game was terribly one-sided. I realize it was an exhibition game, but Amherst looked thoroughly outmatched on both sides of the ball. If it's close, I expect Salem will be the heavy favorite to come out...
  10. Caraxes

    4D

    I have no idea how good Sherando will be this year. They've got a couple guys who are committed to D1 or will likely end up there imo, but they didn't look great against Loudoun Valley in their first scrimmage. Both teams broke a few plays open that I would expect to be stopped a few games into...
  11. Caraxes

    Purpose Region Realignment for RVA school

    Sherando has been incorrectly moved to Class 5 in the past because the VHSL has mistakenly included students from Millbrook and James Wood in Sherando's numbers. I don't know if that's the case this time. However, the whole thing could've easily been avoided if FCPS (or whoever makes these...
  12. Caraxes

    Pick em Playoffs Week 2

    Phoebus @ Hampton Varina @ Dinwiddie Huguenot @ Louisa Sherando @ GW Danville Carroll Co @ Magna Vista IC Norcom @ Lake Taylor Hopewell @ Petersburg Turner Ashby @ Heritage Lyn LCA @ Wilson Memorial Brentsville Dist @ Kettle Run Skyline @ Culpeper Co Salem VB @ Green Run Indian River @ Frank...
  13. Caraxes

    Week #12 - of what caught your attention, regional first round.

    Sherando won 56-35 over James Wood, but it was anything but a rout. JW led 21-7 in the second quarter and it was tied at halftime. Sherando seemed content to let the JW QB have as much time as he liked in the pocket, and he made them pay for that early on. For as many close games as the two...
  14. Caraxes

    Sour Grapes Salem post

    Playing a tougher schedule should carry more weight than it does. It's not like college where good G5 teams can't get P4 opponents on the schedule because the bigger schools know they'd get beat. There are plenty of excellent teams in and around VA that always seem to be looking for games, so...
  15. Caraxes

    Pick em Playoffs Play-in

    Churchland @ Phoebus Smithfield @ Warhill Hanover @ Dinwiddie Courtland @ Varina Caroline @ Louisa Spotsylvania @ Huguenot Broad Run @ Heritage LC Tuscarora @ Woodgrove Tabb @ Norcom York @ Petersburg Hopewell @ New Kent Brentsville Dist @ James Monroe Meridian @ Skyline Western Albemarle @...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Heisman officials see no good options if the 24-team playoff wipes out December's window
  2. 02 On3 Football Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps becomes law
  3. 03 On3 Football Going viral is in P.J. Fleck's blood, but can the Minnesota coach do it for beating a blue blood?
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 SEC Championship Polymarket odds updated after Week 4
  5. 05 On3 Football Colorado starting QB Isaac Wilson against Texas Tech