Recent content by CSLfan

  1. C

    What did we learn week 5!?!?!

    It depends what you mean by helping. Some programs will see their numbers go up by making the playoffs. They can sell to the general student in their hallways that they are playing meaningful games. It is hard to recruit the hallways for some of these 3-6 and 4-5 teams when they are not making...
  2. C

    Playoff un-expansion

    But what problem? What problem did expanding the playoffs create? Outside of the fact that some feel it waters down the regular season and makes 5 wins feel less important or it rewards mediocrity, etc. What new problem did we create?
  3. C

    Evanston over Palatine, who does it say more about?

    I had the same thought. New Trier and Evanston look better and their schedules are easier. Minimum 6-3 or 7-2 for both of them. And if they beat GBS that's 7-2 or 8-1.
  4. C

    Evanston over Palatine, who does it say more about?

    Evanston beat Palatine 14-13. This snaps a 10 game losing streak against the MSL (part of the reason why the CSL and MSL stopped playing each other were Evanston, New Trier, Deerfield, and GBN's inability to compete in these games) Does this say more about Evanston going 2-0 with Pearlman at...
  5. C

    Week 2 Top Games Across the State

    Kids get 36 guaranteed high school football games in their career if they stay healthy. That is basically the same as one baseball/basketball/volleyball season. 18 at the varsity level. Are you claiming that coaches are going to hold healthy kids out of regular season games under the guise of...
  6. C

    Week 2 Top Games Across the State

    Fremd vs Glenbrook South. GBS let one slip away against an 8A ranked York and Fremd roughed up LZ in week 1.
  7. C

    Week 1 IHSA Top Games of the Week

    1. Mt. Carmel vs East Side 2. Brother Rice @ Lincoln Way East 3. Maine South @ Batavia 4. Lemont @ Morris 5. Fenwick @ Joliet Catholic 6. HF @ Bollingbrook 7. Bloomington @ Normal 8. Glenbard West @ Lockport 9. Nazareth @ ICCP 10. Benet @ Lena Winslow
  8. C

    Alabama splits Publics and Privates Football State Championships

    Wait, now I'm confused. All publics are whiners because there are some advocating for split playoffs (it is in their nature after all), but now you are in favor of split playoffs? While I have you, what is the nature of all private school people? Or it's not fair to generalize private school...
  9. C

    The IHSA "We Screwed Up Please Cover For Us" Proposal Has Passed

    Is the postseason only for teams that are going to make a deep run? Because then there are a lot of teams that make the playoffs that should be barred from making the playoffs I'm not sure I am reading this post correctly. I can't tell where the sarcasm ends, so if I am getting the wrong...
  10. C

    The IHSA "We Screwed Up Please Cover For Us" Proposal Has Passed

    It's worse for the coaches and kids who already have vacations planned because they assumed this would be deadweek from years ago. Now they are left scrambling or in some cases, will have to sit out the first game or miss a once in a lifetime vacation. I don't understand how it's a 10 year...
  11. C

    Trae Taylor to Nebraska… for high school

    I'm wondering how much access he can have to the university as a recruit? This was new information to me. I thought there were very strict policies on how universities talk to their recruits, how often, when, etc. If recruits can move to college towns a year early and have unlimited access to...
  12. C

    GOAT

    Justin Jackson is the best HS player I've ever seen, so I figured he should be mentioned. He finished 7th all time in rush yards, tenth in touchdowns, played defense, and single handedly beat an awesome Loyola defense for probably the best individual performance I've seen in person.
  13. C

    The Playoff Expansion Bylaw PASSED!

    Well I guess that part of you can still hold it as special because not everyone gets to make to the playoffs. Or did you not know that? Are you simply trying to make a point by not acknowledging this? I didn't bring up the feelings of the 0-9, 1-8, and some 2-7 teams. I didn't call them...
  14. C

    The Playoff Expansion Bylaw PASSED!

    No, once again the season did not get longer. 2025 football season, practice begins on August 11th, first game August 29th, state championship November 29th. 2026 football season, practice begins on August 10th, first game August 22nd, state championship November 28th The dead week was moved...
  15. C

    The Playoff Expansion Bylaw PASSED!

    Quags22, "belong in" is synonymous with deserve in this context. To think someone belongs would imply others do not belong. If there is a dichotomy of belonging and not belonging then the teams that people think do belong would by default deserve to belong over teams that do not belong. Here...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College football's Best and Worst of September: Teams, players, coaches, games, moments & more
  2. 02 On3 Football Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps become law
  3. 03 On3 Football Heisman officials see no good options if the 24-team playoff wipes out December's window
  4. 04 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big 12 football team after Week 4
  5. 05 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each ACC football team after Week 4