Recent content by DanRU

  1. D

    Placing Boston College on Upset Alert!

    I had hopes for improvement from last year. After watching the UMASS game and parts of the BC game, I don't see RU winning this.
  2. D

    Season Ticket Streak - Keep Going or Let Expire?

    Understood. I'm actually looking in the area of the NC/SC state line and this realtor normally does cover that area. As far as traffic concerns, it's only a matter of time before the entire coast of the Carolinas is developed. Long time residents of the Little River, SC area have been...
  3. D

    Season Ticket Streak - Keep Going or Let Expire?

    Thanks for the realtor offer and thanks to Knight Shift for the info. I'm looking at that specific area because a family member is moving there. My sister in law has a high school friend from NJ who is now a realtor outside Myrtle Beach and has been sending listings so I'll be using her. And...
  4. D

    Season Ticket Streak - Keep Going or Let Expire?

    You've been a die hard for many years so good luck to you in NC. I'm curious what area you're going to. I retired last year and am looking at the area of Little River, SC / Calabash, NC. There's a lot of growth going on in that area.
  5. D

    OT: Long shot - Rutgers bar in Little River, SC

    I'll be in SC in October. I remember years ago, someone posting on here that owned/ran a bar in Little River, SC and said they were showing all the RU football games. Does anyone remember that or aware of it still existing?
  6. D

    OT: Local 7 year old needs stem cell transplant

    bump... I was donating platelets pretty regularly until Covid hit and the donation center I used closed down. I just did a little research on donating stem cells and found people over 60 are ineligible due to the body's production of stem cells declining as we age. Unfortunately, I'm out.
  7. D

    UNLV QB to enter the Transfer Portal

    People complain about NIL, the portal and player/coach loyalty but then want to take portal players over our own recruited and loyal players. Surace waited his turn and has potential to be very good but why should he stick around with no shot of playing? If he's as good as many say, he could...
  8. D

    OT: Car Inspection

    They check that your registration and insurance is valid then plug in to the computer. If your check engine light isn't on, your car passes. It's all about emissions and I thought I read once it's a federal mandate, probably related to funding.
  9. D

    The check in thread: if you've made it over from the old iteration

    Thank you. See my comment above as RetiredFan but this worked for me too.
  10. D

    AD search outside the box

    "I do think it's necessary for Rutgers in particular because of where they're located in the marketplace to find an athletic director that has a really strong commercial background." Didn't RU have this in Tim Pernetti?
  11. D

    OT: D-Day +81 Years

    I did a Normandy tour last month. Being on top of those cliffs and then on Omaha Beach, it was hard to fathom what it was like for that 1st wave of soldiers coming ashore and many were just in their late teens and early 20's. I'm sure they were scared to death but they showed courage and did...
  12. D

    OT: Manville Boro

    I've lived in Hillsborough for the past 25 years so I'll chime in as a frequent Manville visitor. It's a decent small town with what appears to be a great place for a 1st time home buyer since the homes are "starter home" size. Some of the old Polish population is being replaced by Hispanic...
  13. D

    OT: Stock and Investment Thread

    I was watching a Warren Buffet interview on CNBC when everything was tanking during the onset of Covid in 2020. He said something to the effect of, "I can't tell you what's going to happen tomorrow but I'll guarantee in 10 years the market will be much higher than it is today". I suspect like...
  14. D

    OT: Stock and Investment Thread

    Not just tax but it also affects your Medicare premium. I converted a Traditional to Roth IRA in 2023 which almost tripled my taxable income for the year even though I never saw a dime of it and it cost a lot in income tax. I turned 65 the end of 2024 and signed up for Medicare. I then got a...
  15. D

    Kyle Monangai and Hollin Pierce earned Phil Steele All-America honors!

    I didn't realize Pierce was a walk on. Very impressive RU careers for both and I hope they make a lot of money in the NFL
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Basketball Oregon's Kelly Graves reacts to Dana Altman retirement: 'He's had a hell of a career'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Arizona State leads for a few coveted recruits -- and Sun Devils have momentum with more blue-chippers