Recent content by ESMDHawk

  1. E

    Viva la France

    Wow. Scary stuff. I am heading there next summer and this is a little worrisome. Almost seems like a clash of civilizations. Who could have seen that coming :rolleyes:?
  2. E

    Kennedy Center could close as early as Tuesday, warns of bankruptcy, documents show

    This makes me sad. My first date with my current wife was to see Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center in 1993. This is so unnecessary.
  3. E

    The decline of the Spanish Empire, foreshadowing for The USA?

    I have been hearing for years that it is at manageable levels right now but NO ONE has any interest in managing it, and it seems to be accelerating.
  4. E

    The decline of the Spanish Empire, foreshadowing for The USA?

    I think our debt is absolutely an existential crisis, and seems nearer to fruition rather than later.
  5. E

    Woman in Times Square goes on a stabbing spree and gets shot.

    Didn't someone actually die from her attack?
  6. E

    Paradise on Hulu

    Wife and I watched the first episode of that. Man, is that dark. We didn't continue. Started Legends on Netflix. That is really good.
  7. E

    QB Battle: Jeremy Hecklinski appears to have passed Hank Brown on the Depth Chart. QB was NOT a Transfer Portal Priority per KF on Dec 18

    The problem is, they got Heck and Brown from the portal. What makes you think they would do any better with another shot at it? I'll reserve judgment until the bullets start flying in a real game, but as stated above, it is disappointing to think we may once again be going through the season...
  8. E

    US National Debt Added Per President

    I'm with you brother.
  9. E

    US National Debt Added Per President

    Although I don't wish for a return to those days, I would dearly love to have leaders who have some principles when it comes to managing the debt and deficit.
  10. E

    Will Renee good’s WIDOW be charged?

    How stupid do you have to be as an administration to want to put this case back in the news?
  11. E

    US National Debt Added Per President

    Hate Trump, think he's a tool and the Iran attack was a ridiculous and foolish endeavor. However, having been alive during that time (at 45, you weren't), I can tell you that I GREATLY prefer today's 3.4% inflation rate to Carters average of 9.85% with a peak of 14% in the spring of 1980. Couple...
  12. E

    A movie people loved that you thought was terrible.

    The Breakfast Club. Whiny *** teenagers. And despised St. Elmo’s Fire.
  13. E

    Ending The Electoral College

    No you fool. It’s an explanation as to why we have the electoral college as opposed to popular vote. It was written that way for those of you who can’t seem to understand the purpose of the EC.
  14. E

    Ending The Electoral College

    This is good. We are the United STATES of America, not just America. The STATES select the president. As mentioned above, if you find 38 STATES that want to change it through our constitution, then I'm okay with it.
  15. E

    The 1930s brought America to its knees. The 2030s could knock it flat.

    Yeah, to blame it on one party is disingenuous. They both suck when it comes to this. I will say though that this trend really started in a big way under Reagan, a Republican, and seemed to really accelerate under Bush, Trump and Biden.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Alabama rises after dominant win over Mississippi State
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 High School Texas High School Football Ranking: Top 25 Teams - Oct. 4
  5. 05 On3 Football Marquise Lightfoot leaves Miami-Clemson game with injury, does not return