Recent content by gabletrained1990

  1. G

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    Certainly not speculating hear or looking to start any rumors but any word on whether Barr is fully healthy. I don’t believe I’ve seen him wrestle or any update since he seemed to hurt his leg at the US Open I believe. Obviously hoping he’s already 100%
  2. G

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    I’ll overstate the obvious here. If MM goes 174, Duke slots at 165 and a fully healthy Kasak goes 157 (with James taking the gap year), this is going to be an unstoppable freight train of a team that will be just so fun to watch. And if Blaze/Ono fully figure out how to optimize...
  3. G

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    I had posted earlier that James is just so good and I think becomes nearly unstoppable with some additional PSU room seasoning - (he mentioned he trained with Ono, Duke, Zain and Nolf to prepare for U20s - whoosh). As another posted pointed out though and maybe makes me temper full unbridled...
  4. G

    '26 U20 World Championships (8/16 - 23) thread

    I will have to watch it again but it almost looked like James might have gotten an exposure just before he gave up the final 2. Obviously wish he still had a challenge so a closer look could have been taken. In any event, great match, real tough loss but give him some time in that PSU room and...
  5. G

    As a fan, which NCAA loss left the biggest bruise?

    IMO the ones where a Penn Stater misses out on a potential/likely opportunity for only one hurts the most. Beau losing to Mendez in the finals when Beau had him dead to rights still stings. He had a legit shot the next year as well and couldn’t ride Mendez for another 5 seconds but that one I...
  6. G

    Transfer Portal 2026 + Other team movements

    Hmmm, I just assumed the coaches were photoshopped in. When I saw this I thought, not the greatest look but kids will be kids and who am I to judge. But, if the Brands sat for this photo or did not say “hey, not the greatest look and you shouldn’t have included us in that picture “ then I...
  7. G

    Transfer Portal 2026 + Other team movements

    I might be mistaken (very often am) but I don’t think we wrestle Nebraska in a dual this year. And I get the rotation for the B10, but imo that’s a huge miss in doing everything possible to grow the sport. Clearly we should wrestle Nebraska every year (again, hope I’m wrong).
  8. G

    EARLY 2026-27 lineup projections/discussions

    It seems like Ono and Blaze are interchangeable b/t 133 and 141 but more often than not I’m seeing Blaze listed at ‘41 with a projected lineup. I get the Olympic weight argument and Blaze wanting to get comfortable with that weight, but I imagine Ono might be of the same mindset. And it seems...
  9. G

    ONO

    I think he starts and it’s 50/50 between 133/141. Blaze obviously man’s whatever weight Ono doesn’t go. Reason being is that I find it hard to believe he spends 2+ years in Happy Valley supposedly learning folkstyle to never wrestle folkstyle. I am biased, of course, because I want to see...
  10. G

    The don't clog the board with final/stay thoughts from NCAAs, post them here, thread

    Cael always talks about the quality of people in the program and it just seems to shine through. Not only are we enjoying a historic run of greatness, the PSU wrestlers are impossible not to like and be impressed by. Duke’s interview after taking 3rd should have been an embarrassment to every...
  11. G

    2026 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

    So bummed for SVN. After he got that first takedown to essentially tie the match if memory serves me I thought he was going to roll, but it just didn’t happen. The blood timeouts were ashame because his gas tank always has him owning the 3rd period. With Bassett coming in next year, likely at...
  12. G

    2026 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

    This is how tough this tournament is. Mendez, who is considered an all-timer (and rightfully so, he’s had an amazing college career) is arguably a desperation roll through and 4 seconds of riding time away from never winning a title. Just so tough to win. Makes MM and Jax making things look...
  13. G

    2026 NCAA Championship Session VI Thread

    District 4 - I like the way you think.
  14. G

    2026 NCAA Championship Session IV Thread

    I am older than most I imagine on this forum (and admittedly ‘free-ride’ as I’m on here obsessively but infrequently post b/c not sure I have much to add) but I recall a times past when ‘tie’ matches were decided by criteria. Up until this year I always thought it was ridiculous to put a match...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 High School Arkansas High School Football Ranking: Top 25 Teams - Oct. 4
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Rankings: ESPN shakes up FPI Top 25 after Week 5 slate