Recent content by GSPVik

  1. GSPVik

    Official ‘26 PSU - Northwestern game thread

    Good thing I have the largest bottle of Jager they make.
  2. GSPVik

    Official ‘26 PSU - Northwestern game thread

    FIFY and yes.
  3. GSPVik

    Official ‘26 PSU - Northwestern game thread

    Penn State scores the first visiting team TD in the new Ryan stadium.
  4. GSPVik

    Official '26 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

    True enough and woman's Vball is good.
  5. GSPVik

    Official '26 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

    Well at least hockey starts in a couple of weeks.
  6. GSPVik

    Official '26 PSU - Wisconsin game thread

    I missed it. Did someone say Becht is off a bit today.
  7. GSPVik

    '26 Week 4 CFB games thread (9/25, /26), excluding PSU

    If you are going to own PA now that Franklins gone, you have to start somewhere.
  8. GSPVik

    2026 Phillies Thread

    Beginning to look like 1964 all over again.
  9. GSPVik

    Any reporting on how the transfer players felt about the gameday stadium atmosphere?

    There should be some interesting comments after USC comes to town.
  10. GSPVik

    OT: Describe your “Life flashed before your eyes” experience.

    Not me but my wife's. About 3 weeks before Christmas, my wife was having chest pains (had issues couple of years earlier) so she drove herself to Centre Community. They were doing a cath and I was on my way to see her when they called and said she was being life flighted to Hershey ($20,000...
  11. GSPVik

    Quitting Smoking

    My summer jobs involved working with hand tools. So when I could not deal with a cig in hand, Copenhagen was the nicotine delivery system of choice. Most would spit the juice out the windows of our trucks. Boss was really ticked about this. so the solution was to spit in a cup. Problem with...
  12. GSPVik

    Quitting Smoking

    Mostly Marlboros. But also on occasion Camels, Pall Malls and whatever was available. In the 70's I was on a fire crew in Alaska during college. We were given surplus C-rations from the late 60s or early 70s when we were in the bush for a period of time. Each meal contained 4 cigs which...
  13. GSPVik

    Quitting Smoking

    I quit 43 years ago. When I asked my wife to marry me she said only if I quit smoking (1-2 packs a day at the time). This was over Christmas/New Years, not a good time to try to quit. I got a book, I think entitled "How to quit Smoking". The author quit smoking, decided to write a book and...
  14. GSPVik

    Happy National Pie Day, '26

    Wet bottom vs dry bottom pies, I believe. I prefer the wet bottom. We had black forest pie this evening.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football Jadan Baugh texted Jon Sumrall with a promise after humbling Missouri loss
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Touted 4-star defensive lineman moves up Texas Tech visit: 'They are big-time on recruiting'