Recent content by HallLine69

  1. H

    Is one game enough?

    The question in discussion was the level of corruption. Yes, football is exponentially bigger in the South and Midwest. 45 years of living in Georgia has clearly shown that. There's always been rampant cheating in football recruiting. But the degree of corruption in college basketball --while...
  2. H

    Is one game enough?

    But big-time basketball is right on big-time football's heels.
  3. H

    Is one game enough?

    Disgraceful hit followed by an even more disgraceful celebration. The apology sounded like it was written by the PR department and a lawyer, Should have been suspended indefinitely.
  4. H

    Nevada coach Steve Alford to retire at end of upcoming season

    Amen. Time goes too fast.
  5. H

    MPG

    Impossible for me to guess or second guess. Just looking forward to the start of play.
  6. H

    Whitehead

    Great player for us, I agree with all the comments above about his importance to our successful runs. He also impressed me with the love and respect he showed for his mother, a commuter bus driver. I remember him being quoted as saying "I just have to get her out of that bus." As a result, he...
  7. H

    Ledger canned Pete Genovese

    Sadly I agree. SHU once had a thriving journalism curriculum and a solid core of students (myself included) who advanced through it and into the print media. Several were very close friends who were affected by the changes and cutbacks but were able to navigate the rough seas. Several others...
  8. H

    The Roster

    Looking forward to learning the correct pronounciation of Theo's surname.
  9. H

    Ledger canned Pete Genovese

    I wish you were right, but I doubt that seriously. It's an awful time to be a print writer,especially an older one. There are electronic places out there, but nowhere near enough to absorb the hordes of writers who lost their newspaper and/or magazine jobs with the development of the Internet
  10. H

    Who gets blamed when college football teams lose now? You, the fans

    With all due respect, the campus was --in my opinion-- NEVER an embarrassmment. My 4 wonderfull years at the Prep and my even greater 5 years at SHU shaped me into the person I became. Conceding your larger point, there's no question the campus has grown and thrived but I will never reflect on...
  11. H

    Welcome to Seton Hall Javion Tyndale!

    That is very good news.
  12. H

    September Tweets

    Must also be nice to play for a coach with two national championships.
  13. H

    Elijah Fisher is back

    I'm hoping his physicality and toughness will compensate for his relative lack of true 5 height.
  14. H

    Javion Tyndale

    Thanks!
  15. H

    Copeland to the Hall?

    Me too. And I echo Halldan's comment that Rice and Copeland situations are apples and oranges
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football The Big Ten's weak early scheduling is main reason college football ratings are down
  2. 02 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 5 updates at Florida, Louisville, Ohio State & more
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College Football Predictions: McMurphy's best Week 5 trades
  4. 04 On3 Football James Franklin explains taking Penn State transfers at Virginia Tech: 'They want to know what they're committing to'
  5. 05 On3 Football Ole Miss, Adidas agree to deal making brand Rebels’ new official apparel partner