Recent content by Hawk14

  1. H

    If Khalia H. commits?

    Hartwell appears to be a very good get for the Hawkeyes but I have questions. Are we comfortable putting a lot of resources into three players (Heiden, Hays, and Hartwell) for the 5 position? Do we have unlimited funds? Can we, or should we have two of these players together on court on a...
  2. H

    If Khalia H. commits?

    Are we then looking at going back to the triangle offense? I know winning matters but that is not the kind of Iowa basketball I fell in love with.
  3. H

    Fall Practice

    “Citizen”, in my humble opinion, you are 100% correct about guesswork. On paper, or by the eye, this years team appears to be more talented than last years. Basketball is a team sport and it’s hard to predict how the pieces will come together into a cohesive unit. I, like most of us are...
  4. H

    The recruitment of Khalia Hartwell

    Closer to home could be a big factor.
  5. H

    Whiting’s broken nose…

    I really like Amari’s personality. I believe she is going to be a great teammate and bring a ton of toughness to the Hawkeyes. I’m excited to see her play.
  6. H

    Emely Rodriguez?

    I was a Deal fan also, never really was in on Rodriquez. I think it was best for all parties that they have moved on. I am cautiously optimistic about our additions but certainly withholding judgement until I see how the team connects and the pieces fit.
  7. H

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    That was a good point made by you regarding the boys soccer team. I don’t believe I am ignoring anything however. Just stating my experience and opinion. You can jump all over it as you wish and I’m not on this forum to debate. I am comfortable with my opinions and have been helped by not...
  8. H

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    I agree 100% Gonzo and so did the great coach John Wooden. He stated he enjoyed watching women’s ball because it was more as he thought the game should be played, for the reasons that you stated. The men’s game is played above the rim, the women’s game below the rim. We can each have our...
  9. H

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    OK, I will respectfully disagree with “would mop the floor“. I have worked a number of basketball camps over my years and the coaches often stayed and played after the campers were done. I played against some NCAA D2 women’s players and was greatly surprised by their strength and athletic...
  10. H

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    My take—Clark is not the GOAT but she is by far the most impactful player ever to the increased popularity of the women’s game. We can all argue the GOAT, I don’t believe anyone with credibility can argue the second point.
  11. H

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    FWIW, I do agree with the majority on this forum that our four new players are much more athletic than the portal players we lost and that they bring much more potential to our team next year. I also agree that the nine we have are solid and will get the vast majority of majority of playing...
  12. H

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    I agree with Kc. I believe of the perimeter players we had last year she had the potential to be the strongest getting into the paint, either off the dribble or cutting, and creating a shot. Not much opportunity in a 3 out offense like we ran. Not saying Wisconsin will see this but much more...
  13. H

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    Thank you Anon for pointing out my obvious stupid. I will not let it happen again. Hopefully everyone else will forgive me but because of you I have become a better man.
  14. H

    *****2026-27 Transfer Portal News*****

    OK, maybe I’m a Nervous Nelly, but we need another shooter soon before they are gone!! (AKA Taylor McCabe). I know many are in the “win now“ mode and feel we need another “4” type player. Someone bigger than what we have. I believe that would be a mistake for the long run. Would that not get in...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  3. 03 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  4. 04 On3 Football Keelon Russell downplays Heisman Trophy hype after outdueling Kamario Taylor
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting CBG Juco Prep Showcase: Damien Robinson & Kenyon St. Louis among Saturday's top performers