Recent content by Major_Tom

  1. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    We sure are in a strange place in this country. Electing a convicted felon, sexual abuser, and man on record pressuring a state to find him 11,000 more votes, as our leader - our absolute best.
  2. M

    FB: 50 years ago today

    Power K with tear away jerseys! Love it - thx for sharing
  3. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    It’s one of the oldest plays in the book and has been used extensively throughout US history. “Divide and rule” has been especially effective utilizing race, nationalism, war, and small economic advantages that keep lower-class groups from recognizing their shared interests. Whether this...
  4. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    Super clever. And from the base that consistently votes against their own interests and wonders why they continue living in the poorest states with the worst education and health outcomes. The camera pans the crowd laughing at their hero who just mocked people with a mental disability. And your...
  5. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    It’s a damn good way to be controlled.
  6. M

    Did I miss the thread mocking Caleb Williams?

    Pretty sure most people on this board voted for a guy that publicly made fun of the mentally challenged. The bar has hit the ground.
  7. M

    *** Official Kentucky vs Alabama Football Prediction Contest ***

    Kentucky: 27 Alabama: 38 Tiebreaker: 180
  8. M

    "Poor state" Kentucky will likely have a ton of money to spend next season, too.

    I agree. And no, I am not anti-capitalism. Paraphrasing historian Timothy Snyder (writer of The Road to Unfreedom and On Tyranny), the rich and powerful thrive on cycles of division and absolutes. Historically, these absolutes are used to control the masses through two useful contrasting...
  9. M

    "Poor state" Kentucky will likely have a ton of money to spend next season, too.

    See also: Japan, Canada, Australia, China, France, UK, South Korea as countries with a lower Gini coefficient (measures income inequality). https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/gini-coefficient-wb?survey_comparability=no_spells The US scores relatively poorly. The "work hard and pull yourself up...
  10. M

    "Poor state" Kentucky will likely have a ton of money to spend next season, too.

    Can you define what you mean by “executed properly”? I would agree that income inequality can’t completely be avoided. But it can be drastically minimized with proper anti-trust and ownership laws, progressive taxation, and investment in human capital. There exists no capitalist society on...
  11. M

    "Poor state" Kentucky will likely have a ton of money to spend next season, too.

    It’s capitalism in a nutshell. Unchecked it creates income inequality over time. The 5th largest GDP in the world is likely to exhibit its best and worst characteristics. There are small towns that actually have higher rates of homelessness than large urban areas. But it’s less noticeable...
  12. M

    Ferrari

  13. M

    Did the Blind Rodent find a peanut? (I agree on something with Jeff Goodman...)

    I’ve had the same thought but I think it depends on the matchups. Wilkins + Kam + Mom gives you shooting but neither Kam nor Mom are drivers, so if you have one good defender on Wilkins you stop creation. With Zoom in you solve that problem. Depends on the matchups you have, but it’s great to...
  14. M

    Is this Diallo injury satire?

    People will believe anything.
  15. M

    Does mitchell makes us top 20

    I was also thinking 6-10. Obviously it depends on many factors. If they can gel and defend well enough I think the potential is even higher. Zoom and Wilkins will be key. How do they run the team? How much do they turn the ball over? How well do they defend and shoot? Lastly, and maybe this...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Wasserman’s College Football Top 10: Alabama rises after dominant win over Mississippi State
  2. 02 On3 Football This Alabama team has the makings of Kalen DeBoer's best and most complete
  3. 03 On3 Football This isn't the offense Michigan paid for when it signed Bryce Underwood
  4. 04 High School Texas High School Football Ranking: Top 25 Teams - Oct. 4
  5. 05 On3 Football Marquise Lightfoot leaves Miami-Clemson game with injury, does not return