Great replies and thank you all. I will try to answer some questions below:
I am a few years younger than the other 3 owners. The original owner retired 5 years ago and sold it to 3 of his employees (who have been with the company for 20+ years). I was brought in at that time with the...
This is the fans fault. The schools are doing everything possible to make sure that they don’t have to share any of their annual revenue with the athletes so their solution is to make a bunch of dopes pay their labor costs for them.
The B10 conference earned $850m in 2022 yet fans are stepping...
If you are convinced that what the players are already receiving is a fair and equitable share, then allowing them to collectively bargain should not scare you. The players believe they are worth more. What is wrong with allowing them to determine their true value in negotiations.
I think the...
Unless Notre Dame comes along, adding the PAC schools starts reducing the payouts for the 16 teams already in the conference. They will hold out until Notre Dame makes a decision because they are the only team that will increase each schools payout.
I took a look at the remaining teams in the largest remaining markets (or with the largest national following) and came up with a list of 14 possible targets that could make sense and would fit in with the BIG (AAU, etc.).
Notre Dame
Texas
Oklahoma
Florida
Florida State
Stanford...
They always report tickets distributed, which as far as I can tell have always included thousands of freebies distributed to organizations and charities that end up not being used.
Why partner and water down our product. If we’re looking for a dance, why not ask the prettiest girl in the room (SEC), thereby making our games that much more attractive.
Then you take the cream of the crop PAC and ACC teams and Notre Dame when their contracts are up and control access to the...
I would disregard any comments that focus on being continguous (meaningless - we would have taken Texas by themselves) or being AAU (see Nebraska or Notre Dame) or public land-grant (again Notre Dame or even Stanford under the right circumstances) or being an academic peer (again see Nebraska)...