Recent content by Mrdibbs

  1. M

    Splain something to me Lucy

    Any chance of getting this into the music mix at Beaver Stadium?
  2. M

    60 years ago today

    59 years ago I started on 3rd floor of Shunk in the summer term. Fall term i was banished to the 9th floor of Tener. Great view to the stadium and up the valley.
  3. M

    2026 Pirates Thread

    I was there on Tuesday night. Disappointing display of baseball prowess. Handed runs to the Brewers early. Shot themselves in the foot when they had an opportunity to score and be competitive against a really good starting pitcher. Bullpen (Soto, I believe) got booed when removed from the...
  4. M

    “PRESENTED BY: Modelo”

    Old Frothingslosh - the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom.
  5. M

    What’s to be made of Drew Allar with the Steelers?

    Couple of thoughts concerning Drew Allar's performance last night. 1. At that point in the contest, it was a JV game at the pro level. Drew is a potential Varsity quarterback and he looked the part with his performance. 2. His release was much quicker than I remember from the last couple of...
  6. M

    Dorm room decor

    My oldest worked in the housing cleaning crew during his time at U Dayton. One summer, he was in charge of cleaning out the large dorm he lived in. He had his own room for the summer. When they entered a room for the 1st time for clean out, he told his underlines what to do with the various...
  7. M

    PRAYERS ANSWERED. (Update) Asking for prayers. For myself.

    I thank God for your successful surgery and will continue to pray for your continued recovery. Does Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises sell those wastebasket backboards?
  8. M

    PRAYERS ANSWERED. (Update) Asking for prayers. For myself.

    I firmly believe that a good and gracious God will guide your surgeon's hands and eyes. I firmly believe that your caregivers during the pre-procedure preparations, during the actual procedure and during your postoperative recovery will be guided by that same good and gracious God. I also...
  9. M

    RIP - Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart Singer

    Mosquitos, big mosquitos
  10. M

    FC: New James Franklin article in The Athletic.

    Hindsight is 20-20.
  11. M

    RIP - Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart Singer

    I forget the year (1984?) and I am in charge of an engineering project to inspect and perform a survey on a natural gas pipeline suspension bridge over the Atchafalaya River, near Melville, LA. We are doing the survey work (pipeline elevations and tower lean) in the early morning hours before...
  12. M

    Landon Tengwall - entertaining interview with Brandon Noble

    Great interview of Brandon Noble. Most insightful comments from someone who lived it. I stumbled over the Obligatory Penn State Show a couple years ago (their last year on television) and got hooked. Thank God for Youtube. The panel back then was Chris Bucignani (probably misspelled) who is...
  13. M

    Another 1960 Pittsburgh Pirate has died.

    The Quail - Bill Virdon The Dog - Nob Skinner The Tiger - Don Hoak Shake, Rattle & Roll - ? The Deacon - Vernon Law The Great One - Roberto Clemente No Hands - Bill Mazeroski The Kitten - Harvey Haddix
  14. M

    Update: That lovely mom-mom I celebrated with the board for her 100 years on Earth.....

    May a good and gracious God welcome her with open arms. May that same good and gracious God give you and your family comfort in this difficult time. Shalom, Mr. Potter
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football A 24-team College Football Playoff would reshape the coaching carousel: 'It's like playoff or bust'
  2. 02 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  3. 03 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  4. 04 On3 Football Dylan Stewart not listed on South Carolina vs. Florida Wednesday availability report
  5. 05 On3 Football Oklahoma OT Michael Fasusi listed as doubtful on SEC injury report ahead of Texas