Regarding the uniforms - YES!
I really like the font-style on the denim jerseys. I like the big-lettering straight across the chest. I like the wide stripe on both sides of the jersey. I like the little UK logo in the circle on the shorts.
I would love to see this uniform kept for a bit...
Amazing that Dick Vitale is still able to be out there doing this. For better or worse, his voice is part of the soundtrack of college basketball. I admire both his passon and his longevity.
Wouldn't mind having his autograph either.
They're plugging in a multi-team event which is supposed to bring home games with Eastern Illinois and Valparaiso. Dates TBA.
I've read that the home game package this year will be 19 games, not 20.
OK. Made it here and have developed enough basic skills to participate.
Still can't figure out how to delete a thread which I started as a test. Let's have some breakfast and then try again.
Frequent Reader - Occasional Poster on the previous Rupp Rafters.........
Just arrived from the old board and am figuring out how to make things work here. Thanks.
The only other individual performance as gutsy that I can think of was Joe Crawford willing Kentucky to a close win on the road at Georgia. He was so beat up he could hardly walk and yet he was out there draining threes or finding an open teammate when it mattered.
Thanks for your efforts......... and here I was being proud that I had number 0175!
If I recall, didn't the process in NC involve securing 300 prepaid orders before they would produce them?
That UNC game is the ONLY game that Duke won by fewer than 5 points all season.
Duke was not prepared to execute when the game played out to a single final possession because no one in the ACC (aside from Clemson at Clemson) was able to challenge them all season.
Before Wofford slipped in this past year, Samford RULED the Southern Conference Tournament with their fanbase taking over Asheville, NC during tournament time the last 3-4 years. Bucky Ball generates a ton of excitement and it will be interesting to see how it translates to the SEC-level. Dude...
Darius Miller was the player I thought of first too. Such a calming presence his senior year. It seemed that any offensive possession in which he got a touch was a more successful trip downcourt.
I read somewhere that the AD who hired him to Maryland just stepped down a few days ago and is taking the AD job at SMU.
Doesn't make the incredibly bad timing of this any more tolerable............. but at least explains his desire to get out if he feels that no one at Maryland has his back.
Another factor being that between Pope and other coaches on his staff, they have faced some of these guys on opposing teams and had first hand experience scouting these kids.