Great writeup. This was a much better effort on both sides of the ball from the Gladiators. I wont critique this week other than to say there is still a pile of room for improvement. On to Fort after the bye week
Week 5
George Wythe @ Rural Retreat
Northwood @ Chilhowie
J.I. Burton @ Galax
Honaker @ Southern Gap
Eastside @ Essex
Grayson Co @ Virginia
Tazewell @ Giles
Brunswick @ Surry Co
Wilson Memorial @ Riverheads
Windsor @ Franklin
Buffalo Gap; @ Fort Defiance
Northampton @ West Point
Princeton(WV) @...
@gladfan05 makes a couple of points that shouldn't be ignored. I understand the want/need to be diverse. In my opinion run blocking is easier to accomplish at every school in Class 1 and 2 than any type of pass blocking (unless you have an exceptional line and WR group come through) so to throw...
Week 4
Lebanon @ Rural Retreat
Honaker @ Holston
Giles @ Narrows
George Wythe @ Patrick Henry
Grayson Co @ Floyd Co
Riverheads @ Buffalo Gap
Rappahannock @ Strasburg
Bluefield(WV) @ Ridgeview
Dan River @ Martinsville
Buckingham Co @ Appomattox Co
Fort Defiance @ Stuarts Draft
TJ-Richmond @...
Alleghany- this one will be interesting and could go either way
Riverheads- hopefully Gap doesn't have any type of passing game otherwise this will be another loss for Riverheads
Draft- toss up but the Cougars at home should have the edge
Rockbridge- sun has to shine on them sometime
TA- Wilson...
Week 3
Rye Cove @ Honaker
Rural Retreat @ Eastside
Narrows @ Chilhowie
Tazewell @ Grayson Co
Southern Gap @ Giles
Virginia @ George Wythe
Northhampton @ Surry Co
Colonial Beach @ Franklin
Stuarts Draft @ Riverheads
Lancaster @ West Point
Essex @ King William
Gate City @ Abingdon
Middlesex @...
I have a little different take on a few of these but agree with the outcomes for the most part.
GE @ Alleghany- Alleghany will need to replace their QB/WR combo that had them on the watch list for everyone the prior two seasons. That said Greenbrier is generally at or near the top of WV...
Great write up as usual. I will only add that most teams are not in full stride yet so there is time to right the ship, but I would think we will see some personnel changes based on this game. This is an experienced staff that know what they have even when at times they seem to be playing...
Lebanon @ Honaker
Floyd Co @ Narrows
Radford @ George Wythe
Craig Co @ Galax
Surry Co @ Middlesex
Central (L) @ Altavista
Ridgeview @ Southern Gap
Richlands @ Gate City
Nelson Co @ Randolph-Henry
Graham @ Bluefield (WV)
GOTW
Central (W) @ Stuarts Draft
Great writeup as usual, now I will put on the prognostication hat on and give it a whirl.
Broadway @ BG- Broadway has a ton of talent and did play closer to LCA than most in last year in the playoffs. Gap had an awesome playoff run that came up just short of Salem so they should be solid. I...
I agree Waynesboro should be on the uptick even without Blair. That young man has a tremendous ceiling, having had to defend against him throughout little league, I can tell you that he is as advertised. That said, their 10th and 11th grade class has a good deal of size and speed so if the new...
Just getting back on the board and wanted to add to one item from @longtimerhsfan25. In mentioning Waynesboro and the incoming freshman Blair that would be a feature back, I believe he is at St Annes Belfield and will be an impact player there. Otherwise, all good information as usual from our...
As a Riverheads fan this would be my hypothetical understanding that the first game is impossible with the Southern Gap consolidation.
@ Hurley (the Cliff as the stadium has to be on here)
vs LCA
@ Essex
vs Giles
vs Altavista
@ Wilson
vs Buffalo Gap
@ Graham
vs Princeton WV
@...