Recent content by sobo1

  1. sobo1

    Our good friend Kevin Hunt passes

    Awful news. Kevin was such a great person. It's people like Kevin that made the Seton Hall basketball community so good.
  2. sobo1

    Whitehead

    One of the most influential? No. THE most influential. Without Whitehead none of it happens - no Powell, no BigEast championships, no springboard to Willard's career, no Mamu, etc. Whitehead saved the program. His impact cannot be overstated. Also, to piggy back on Dan's comment in all my...
  3. sobo1

    Micah Gordon becomes Creighton's highest-ranked recruit ever

    Hearing a NJ elite pg say “I always wanted to be a BigEast guard” was a gut punch. I don’t agree that Javion Tyndale is better. Micah is better and I don’t think it’s close. I’ve spoken to some people that think he’s the best pg in his class. Was also told that we were in good position but he...
  4. sobo1

    Big East predictions

    I would expect somewhere around 7-13.
  5. sobo1

    Elijah Fisher is back

    I don’t understand the thought process of our GM to let a 2nd team all BigEast PG leave because of money. Not sign any true PG. Then buy 8 versions of the same player. I’m sure there’s more to it, but at surface level it just seems very odd.
  6. sobo1

    Javion Tyndale

    This is a real strategy being implemented by some players. Gary Parrish from cbs sports had a piece on it last year. Essentially saying the smartest move (for good but not elite recruit) is to go mid major year 1. Kill it. Hit portal for 7 figure payday. If you follow the recruiting scene on...
  7. sobo1

    Copeland to the Hall?

    Copeland is the epitome of what it means to be Seton Hall. I love this hire.
  8. sobo1

    Javion Tyndale

    I want to get excited about this recruit, but college basketball really isn’t about recruiting and developing high school kids anymore. It’s a one-year sport now, and that becomes even more true next season when fifth-year eligibility kicks in. Do the math. If there are around 70 high-major...
  9. sobo1

    Big East Schedule Leaks

    why?
  10. sobo1

    Buy your Seton Hall/Monmouth tickets here

    I was told “Sections A,Q,or K are encouraged seton hall sections.” I don’t know how they expect fans to know this unless that spread the word.
  11. sobo1

    Ruptures is back

    It's staggering when you look at the buyouts for Pikiell and Schiano. Honestly, the biggest winner from last night's game after UMass was Steve Pikiell. I cannot envision a world where they let both go in the same season.
  12. sobo1

    Men's Basketball Announces 2026-27 Non-Conference Schedule

    I think this is a great schedule. Context is important. We have one returning player and will be predicted to finish 9th-10th in most preseason rankings.
  13. sobo1

    What do you think as regards SHU?

    I was talking about Seton Hall - more specifically the offense. Maybe too harsh, but I was speaking to my earlier point that we don't play an exciting brand of basketball due to the struggles on offense. However you choose to label it, the end result hasn't been good. 3-22 record vs the top...
  14. sobo1

    What do you think as regards SHU?

    a I agree they don't know the 3-22 record vs teams with a pulse, but even someone with elementary basketball knowledge knows watching a team struggle to score isn't fun. The kids know the team stinks and just going to one game leaves you with a feeling of "that was painful to watch."
  15. sobo1

    What do you think as regards SHU?

    That's definitely an issue. All schools to a certain degree are operating on the one-and-done mercenary model, but no program in the country has been hit harder by this era than Seton Hall. Whether it's a Sha issue or an institutional issue is TBD, but it's an issue. Big East basketball is in...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football 15 thoughts after Week 5: Keelon Russell becoming a star, murky SEC race & more
  2. 02 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 5
  3. 03 On3 Football True Freshman Standouts from Week 5 of College Football
  4. 04 On3 Football John Mateer speaks on early season struggles ahead of Red River Rivalry game
  5. 05 On3 Football Todd McShay: Keelon Russell 'on trajectory' to join Andrew Luck as only players with 99 NFL Draft grade