Recent content by SoonerBeAHawk

  1. S

    same CBS announcers as last week

    That's at least two big wins Davis has been on the call, the Orange Bowl vs GA Tech and last Saturday. Is he our good luck charm? Hope so.
  2. S

    Top-5 Finishes

    I was reading a Michigan board this week and a dude, all these years later, was ruing the dropped potential interception on Iowa's final drive. He referred to him as "the player who will not be named" so I get the feeling this has been something of a festering wound in the fan base for 4 plus...
  3. S

    Top-5 Finishes

    In today's game Marv might have been determined, on review, to be inches short. It was SO close. I guess that made it even crazier to literally be tackled on the goal line. If it was ruled short I think there was time for just one more play, like 6 seconds or so. I think they would have still...
  4. S

    Top-5 Finishes

    That's funny because that's the very first game, and only one actually, lol, that I thought of. To win on the road against the other traditional Big Ten power with a long pass kinda locks those two inexorably together in my little mind. Tate to Holloway is the only other comparable it seems to...
  5. S

    It’s still a long season, enjoy your lucky win

    I saw at least one Michigan fan with a t-shirt that had 0:01 in large numerals printed on it. Not so sure why they're so proud of THAT terd, but whatever. Hope there are thousands of those shirts, it would be so fun to show up in Michigan with a 0:02 shirt. Ha!
  6. S

    Michigan fans FLIPPING OFF IOWA PLAYERS !

    I was, like so many people across the country, so mad that poor lil WMU got screwed out of their potential biggest win ever. But if this is the way this karma thing works, yeah ... F*** those lil b!tch azz Bronco punks!
  7. S

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    Before Ruocco even mentioned it I already had said to my wife Caitlin is on pace for a triple-double (then had to explain what that meant!) but also that it's still early. So most of the game I was "worrying" about that, then abandoned that in hopes of a 30-point double-double. No luck. As a...
  8. S

    RVZ showed really good speed on that pass play that got called back

    I perused a Michigan board and they seem to think at WR they only need to stop Diaz. I'm sure their coaches know better, but if they do happen to disregard RVZ that could be a very pleasant development. I think Reece is all dat!
  9. S

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    I guess Hull will be on Miles (?) for a good portion, or at least until Lexie fouls out. Look for 10+ FTs for Miles. Someone needs to ride Miles up and down the floor, we know that scrambles her brain. Lexie, otoh, appears to only bump a player when they gather to shoot. It usually seems like...
  10. S

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    Ahh ... okay, good explanation. I was wondering why absolutely no one, to my knowledge, was pointing out the longer season. That said, there is also a notion that the greatest ability in sports is availability. It seems to me there are so many really good players who miss significant PT every...
  11. S

    ***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

    I'm way too lazy to research this but I think it's quite possible Caitlin's rookie scoring record benefitted from a longer regular season than previous iterations of the W. Similarly Miles broke Caitlin's record in a lengthened season. But since direct comparisons are being made, I would have...
  12. S

    OT-Matt Rodgers

    Oh my! What a "character" to put it mildly. Great stories, ole Bernie would likely be arrested in today's world, unfortunately. His passion for competition must have served him well, without going too far over the top, at Iowa and (boo) Wisconsin.
  13. S

    OT-Matt Rodgers

    CSB time ... was visiting the bro-law in Queens this past June and his son was to start at Bayside High School this fall for which they were already holding an orientation. We were always going to go with the family but my interest was admittedly piqued as this was Ronnie Harmon's high school...
  14. S

    OT-Matt Rodgers

    Bernie was both a stud player and coach for Iowa. Was on the team which won the '59 Rose, and was the Co-MVP on the '61 team. Great Hawkeye, obviously. As a coach he was a hangover from the Commings era but he really helped Hayden get things going. Famously brokered the deal which brought...
  15. S

    Whiting’s broken nose…

    Hopefully it will not cause her to miss a date with the school's big football star (Tony Diaz?) like it did poor Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football The play-calling stat that should worry every Texas fan
  2. 02 On3 Football College Football Playoff 24-team expansion talks continue with meetings in Chicago
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 5
  4. 04 On3 Football Chris Del Conte addresses 'embarrassing' conduct, celebrations from Texas players vs. Tennessee
  5. 05 On3 Football Brian Kelly: 'Take Luke Fickell off that hot seat' after Wisconsin's comeback win vs. Penn State