Recent content by Turtle31

  1. T

    Fire Greg Schiano after the game

    This mirrors my situation except that I had those 6 season tickets for many years prior to Greg 1.0. I switched over to wrestling and never looked back.
  2. T

    Reading the Ledger in the 70s and 80s

    THIS. As someone who played multiple high school sports, I may be biased in this area, but the coverage was expansive. The predictions, results, football game write-ups, 1st/2nd/3rd/Honorable Mention all county teams with individual pics and blurbs about the 1st teamers was nirvana for me. Bac...
  3. T

    Kim Mulkey

    Has any other coach had a Championship at 2 different schools? I can’t think of one. (not a FF, winning the championship) if not, then like her dressing and antics or not, Mulkey stands alone
  4. T

    Women's NCAA/WNIT Notable Games

    Rationale for saying a 30+ win team doesn’t deserve to be in the E8? It’s all about how you perform and a sprinkling of luck. Just like every other year. Would you say that if it were RU (not that that is anything other than a pipe dream).
  5. T

    C. Vivian Stringer’s Top Five Most Memorable Moments

    The win against ND at the RAC will always be my #1. It was a sell-out and the noise level was deafening. Such a great atmosphere and result.
  6. T

    OT: Charcoal grill tailgate policy

    We fried turkeys a few times but that was years ago, early 2000’s. Cleanup was too messy, never did it after that season. During this same time, we had mini campfires for the late afternoon starts too. One of our tailgate crew was a member of the NBFD so I felt pretty safe. No one paid us any...
  7. T

    Losing hope

    Serious question, how would More B1G $$ help recruiting?
  8. T

    WBB: Interesting comment from Coquese Washington

    this fan remembers it well and has the commemorative t-shirt which I still wear today
  9. T

    OT: RIP Angela Lansbury

    Bedknobs and Broomsticks was a childhood fave
  10. T

    OT: Kim Mulkey ignores Brittney Griner

    I have zero issues with a ”No Comment”. I’m no Mulkey fan, either. It is what it is.
  11. T

    RU's bell cow no more.

    If you’re referring to the NCAA’s, that‘s dead wrong. There is not one team that has dreaded playing us for well over a decade. Those days are long gone.
  12. T

    AP pre-season poll

    Take care of business on the hardwood and the ranking will come……I never pay attention to rankings prior to mid-Jan
  13. T

    OT: Halloween Kills

    It was terrible…and I thought it couldn’t get worse than the last one.
  14. T

    Pregame RU Brewfest Set for Nov. 6 against Wisconsin

    I miss those Hillbilly fans.
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  2. 02 On3 Football First-year head coaches are winning now, and Year 1 expectations have changed
  3. 03 Sports Predictions College football Polymarket predictions: Staples’ best trades of Week 6
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting DJ Tubbs sets multiple game-day visits and SEC program could be separating
  5. 05 On3 NIL Jim Phillips: ACC does not have 'unanimity' on Protect College Sports Act