Not only do the "Ho-kies" do it, but so does "Penn-State" and Mar-Shall." I remember a joke about Marshall starting the cheer. Students were told they were going to copy PSU's "Penn-State." Took them almost the whole season to get them to drop Penn State and turn to "Mar-Shall."
Growing up during World War II, my friends and I played a lot "Go get the Nips and Nazis." (With cap buster pistols). We stopped when a woman came out of her backdoor and screamed at us to quit shooting our guns. Our mothers told us the woman was a young German who had married a U.S. soldier...
I believe many followers of WVU sports (majority via TV) will be very happy when everything returns to normal this season. Some (those will jobs) may well get the urge to return to Mountaineer Field for a game. It will be a way of celebrating the disappearance of coronavirus.
Best way to ignore threads that you find make you angry is to escape as quickly as the realization strikes. I enjoy what I read on Rivals because I only read what I enjoy.