“Free agent RB Le'Veon Bell says he smoked marijuana before games”

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
See the link below. From the article:

“Free agent running back Le'Veon Bell admitted that he smoked marijuana before NFL games.

Bell, who last played in the NFL in 2021, opened up about the topic on the "Steel Here" podcast, which focuses on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bell played for Pittsburgh from 2013 to 2017, then sat out the 2018 season amid a contractual battle with the team.

"Looking back on this, that's what I did," Bell said. "When I was playing football, I smoked, bro. Even before the games, I'd smoke and I'd go out there and run for 150, two [touchdowns]."”

Puff piece.

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Bell now really regrets sitting out a year with the Steelers because of not wanting a franchise tag. When he returned after missing a year, he played for the Jets and was never as good. NFL careers are so short-and the franchise tag money is really good-that sitting out a year surely does not pay off. Players wants longer guaranteed contracts-or longer contracts with larger upfront bonus money-but in reality NFL is a business and RBs almost always have a short shelf in NFL. I sure like Barkley and hope he reads Bell's stuff and realizes how important it is to come to an agreement with Giants before training camp. Contract disputes are less often than in the past-as rookie salaries are slotted-but I have seen players miss training time and too often have crummy years.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
See the link below. From the article:

“Free agent running back Le'Veon Bell admitted that he smoked marijuana before NFL games.

Bell, who last played in the NFL in 2021, opened up about the topic on the "Steel Here" podcast, which focuses on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bell played for Pittsburgh from 2013 to 2017,
then sat out the 2018 season amid a contractual battle with the team.

"Looking back on this, that's what I did," Bell said. "When I was playing football, I smoked, bro. Even before the games, I'd smoke and I'd go out there and run for 150, two [touchdowns]."”

Puff piece.
" I was going to sign my NFL contract, but then I got high..."

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Bell now really regrets sitting out a year with the Steelers because of not wanting a franchise tag. When he returned after missing a year, he played for the Jets and was never as good. NFL careers are so short-and the franchise tag money is really good-that sitting out a year surely does not pay off. Players wants longer guaranteed contracts-or longer contracts with larger upfront bonus money-but in reality NFL is a business and RBs almost always have a short shelf in NFL. I sure like Barkley and hope he reads Bell's stuff and realizes how important it is to come to an agreement with Giants before training camp. Contract disputes are less often than in the past-as rookie salaries are slotted-but I have seen players miss training time and too often have crummy years.
Yeah not signing the franchise tag when you can’t work out a deal is cutting off your nose to spite your face.