I would have thought so to earlier, but I'm beginning to believe in Arnett and his boys more and more every week. They have kept us in games when the offense hit rough patches. He just needs to buy some stickum for the guys.I BELIEVE... that we'll struggle mightily this weekend with their mobile QB. But I'm praying for a miracle.
i made a semi joking post before the poll came out that with the GD lovefest the media has for all things UMiss they’d drop to #7. I was almost right. It’s a freaking joke you can give up 50+ points in a blowout & only drop to 9.so, i think we landed right where we needed to land @ 16th......
What I don't understand is how UM did not drop more....... a not being a homer about this, but, they got 52 hung on them. I could understand if it was w/in a touchdown, but 52-28......you could not stop UF, and I can't see a team in the CFP/top 10 that gets 52 hung on them.
all that to say, a little reading of some op ads, and it appears there are many that are struggling to understand the AP rankings this year. I guess in a couple of weeks all this will ultimately fall into place and work itself out
Get some from our offensive line. They apparently have too much.He just needs to buy some stickum for the guys.
and I kinda want to throw the same question for Texas......in the big matchups, they struggle and then pull it out in the end. I'll give them that they have grit, and they are going to get everyones best shot, but I'm having a hard time with seeing them as the best in the nationi made a semi joking post before the poll came out that with the GD lovefest the media has for all things UMiss they’d drop to #7. I was almost right. It’s a freaking joke you can give up 50+ points in a blowout & only drop to 9.
They lost a very close game on the road to a ranked team.MO is still ranked. Wtf have they done?
So many times this game has been the pivotal point in the season. We’re gonna climb that mountain sooner or later… right?Win on Saturday and we’re a playoff team with Kamario leading the Heisman rankings.
Big time.
Let me ask it this way then. What did they do to be ranked where they were before that loss?They lost a very close game on the road to a ranked team.
They should drop after that, but not much.
Texas' wins have not been pretty, but they have abest resume to date by far. We will find out how good they are when they face UF, OM, and us at home, then LSU on the road. They also still have OU, Mizzou, and A&M, but those guys are in mediocrity prison.and I kinda want to throw the same question for Texas......in the big matchups, they struggle and then pull it out in the end. I'll give them that they have grit, and they are going to get everyones best shot, but I'm having a hard time with seeing them as the best in the nation
I'm left with, in about 2 weeks, everything should reasonably work itself out, and realistic rankings will be in place
**also think they salivated all things UM/Chambliss so much that they are giving them the benefit of the doubt, but one more poor outing, and they have to get blasted
I think TX is going to catch a loss on their gauntlet part of their scheduleTexas' wins have not been pretty, but they have abest resume to date by far. We will find out how good they are when they face UF, OM, and us at home, then LSU on the road. They also still have OU, Mizzou, and A&M, but those guys are in mediocrity prison.
They started ranked and won 3 in a row, while others lost and dropped below them.Let me ask it this way then. What did they do to be ranked where they were before that loss?
Not upset at all. For some reason you can’t answer a question though.They started ranked and won 3 in a row, while others lost and dropped below them.
What are you looking for here? You seem upset over a College Football poll...have you not followed football for the last...decades?
I know at one time there was quite a conclave of Rebels at the ESPN headquarters. Is that still the case?i made a semi joking post before the poll came out that with the GD lovefest the media has for all things UMiss they’d drop to #7. I was almost right. It’s a freaking joke you can give up 50+ points in a blowout & only drop to 9.
I did answer it. I absolutely answered it.Not upset at all. For some reason you can’t answer a question though.
No idea. But it's not just ESPN. They have done a very good job for decades selling themselves & their image. I've been to Oxford and their campus. The town is maybe a little nicer than Starkville, but not nearly as much as I expected.I know at one time there was quite a conclave of Rebels at the ESPN headquarters. Is that still the case?
I'm liking this new anti-olemiss patdog! Welcome to the party palNo idea. But it's not just ESPN. They have done a very good job for decades selling themselves & their image. I've been to Oxford and their campus. The town is maybe a little nicer than Starkville, but not nearly as much as I expected.
And yet they haven't. Hell when Lane left he brought up how it's hard to get black players there. It is brought up all the time. The main media still think OM is the most racist place there is. We get Mississippi put on us, but I don't hear that as often. Players just don't come here because we suck.No idea. But it's not just ESPN. They have done a very good job for decades selling themselves & their image. I've been to Oxford and their campus. The town is maybe a little nicer than Starkville, but not nearly as much as I expected.
The AP voters are caught in a tough predicament. They can't put Ole Miss behind LSU whom they just beat. They can't drop LSU who just destroyed TXa&m. So the only thing they feel they can do is drop Ole Miss several spots because they have to stay ahead of LSU. That is why Ole Miss didn't drop more after losing by 20+ points.so, i think we landed right where we needed to land @ 16th......
What I don't understand is how UM did not drop more....... a not being a homer about this, but, they got 52 hung on them. I could understand if it was w/in a touchdown, but 52-28......you could not stop UF, and I can't see a team in the CFP/top 10 that gets 52 hung on them.
all that to say, a little reading of some op ads, and it appears there are many that are struggling to understand the AP rankings this year. I guess in a couple of weeks all this will ultimately fall into place and work itself out
yea....that makes sense (its a complicated equation!).....but the one that got me was the dude from CBS sports giving opinion on where all were ranked......and said UM was appropriately ranked b/c when you have a Trinidad Chambliss, you are capable of winning at any moment........as I sat there thinking, they had 52 hung on them.....beat by 24 points !!!The AP voters are caught in a tough predicament. They can't put Ole Miss behind LSU whom they just beat. They can't drop LSU who just destroyed TXa&m. So the only thing they feel they can do is drop Ole Miss several spots because they have to stay ahead of LSU. That is why Ole Miss didn't drop more after losing by 20+ points.
Maroon and White Football
"Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
Maroon and White Football
SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
Rivals Football Recruiting
No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
Rivals Football Recruiting
How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?