2021-22 PSU WBB Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU WBB 2021-22 preseason, in-season, postseason (B1Gs & NCAAs), and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
Looking for continued improvement this year. Coach Kieger didn't exactly inherit a full cupboard. Two transfers, Ali Brigham and Alli Campbell hopefully will contribute significantly. Also have high hopes for Lelani Kapinus if she is fully recovered from her injury.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
Looking for continued improvement this year. Coach Kieger didn't exactly inherit a full cupboard. Two transfers, Ali Brigham and Alli Campbell hopefully will contribute significantly. Also have high hopes for Lelani Kapinus if she is fully recovered from her injury.

Let's hope for 3rd place in the Big Ten and an NCAA berth!

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
Let's hope for 3rd place in the Big Ten and an NCAA berth!
Third place is not unrealisitic if a better inside game can develop. Maryland (as ususal) and Indiana figure to be projected as the top two, but after that it's open. Just curious, do you follow womens' college bball in general or is your focus on the Lady Lions? I'd like to take part in some broader discussions as the season progresses.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Visit recently? Not a commitment I assume, since nothing is on the team's official site or Facebook page. Would be a great addition. She's ranked #35 on the ESPN HOOPGURLZ TOP 100.

I think she visited in early October. When I replied to you in a different thread, and indicated I'd set up a WBB thread, I remembered that I had seen her tweet a few weeks ago. I wanted to post it, but had to hunt a bit to find it.

As far as I know (and i don't follow WBB recruits), she hasn't verballed to anyone at this time.

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
I think she visited in early October. When I replied to you in a different thread, and indicated I'd set up a WBB thread, I remembered that I had seen her tweet a few weeks ago. I wanted to post it, but had to hunt a bit to find it.

As far as I know (and i don't follow WBB recruits), she hasn't verballed to anyone at this time.
Thanks Tom. Your efforts are appreciated.

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021

As I said in a previous post, much will depend on an inside presence to replace Cash. If Ali Brigham and Kayla Thomas can step up, an upper division finish is possible. The guard and wing positions should be solid. Maryland and Indiana project as front runners, with Michigan and Iowa (a large if) also good. Iowa has an outstanding offensive player in Catlin Clark, but finished dead last in the entire country in defense, giving up an average of 80 ppg, 336th out of 336 teams. Michigan also has a good one in Naz Hilmon, but no other player scares me.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021

I realize that the win tonight was against LIU, but looking at the leading scorers for the Lady Lions you can see a difference in the players compared to before coach CK arrived. Without looking for any controversy, we seem to have attracted more Caucasians onto the team than we had under Coach Washington and they lead the team tonight.

Last edited:

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
Good start to the season. Marisa has really emerged. Clemson should be a better test, although they're 1 - 1, with a loss to Columbia and a road game at South Carolina tomorrow night.

aferrelli

Oct 6, 2021
Thanks for setting this up Tom. It’s so good to be talking about PSU women’s bball, in a positive way, once again. I go back to the glorious Kelly Mazzante days. It was fun to watch her, and the team, in those days. It's great to have so much optimism again.

Latest posts