2021-22 PSU WBB Thread

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
After 2, PSU 38 - 33
Marisa w/ 17pts, 5ast, 3rb

Last edited:

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Penn State players are too weak, need to lift some weight. Being out muscled in the 4th and lost by 3. They had their chances in the last minutes but turnovers and cold shooting did them in.

Reactions: Tirefish

Tirefish

Oct 25, 2021
Nice to see the losing skid stop. I said in an earlier post that a finish in the top five of the Big 10 was possibel, but I'm not so optimistic now. Only Marisa seems to be stepping up consistently. The 30 and 30+ point losses to Indiana and Iowa State were disappointing in terms of how much distance exists between Penn State and the conference heavyweights. Hopefully they can turn a corner soon. Maybe three years isn't enough time for the current staff to turn this corner.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021

Just win baby!

Wait?,,,Is that sexist?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Anyone else watching the Lady Lions BB vs Nebraska?

I saw a stat the other day that their B1G losses this year have been by an average margin of 15 pts. Not even close with the top teams. Does she even have a signature win yet??? but Sandy’s got this and she ain’t anywhere while Sandy’s here. Team reflects their coach and if they are stagnant on offense, lack hustle, and are disorganized they ain’t grasping the culture she is trying to establish. Granted CoVid hit her first year so give her five years at the helm but there’s not much enthusiasm around the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Anyone else watching the Lady Lions BB vs Nebraska?

I turned it off. Unathletic and lazy are the two adjectives I would use to describe PSU Womens Basketball.

Aside from Wrestling, PSU Inc’s sports are a complete shytshow

NavyBlue

Nov 5, 2021
I've watched a lot of games over many years and felt Coquese was responsible for the downward slide. Now I'm not so sure. The team is bad and isn't competitive. I think Penn State was ahead of the game in women's athletics in the B10 in various sports (b-ball and volleyball are 2 of note) and other schools have now surpassed us. The women's b-ball team lacks athleticism, toughness and skill. You watch some teams and think that they're athletic, but not necessarily good ball players and other teams are the opposite. This team is neither. They need to be good at perimeter shooting to overcome their other flaws and they don't shoot well. Girls that showed promise last year have regressed this year. Very disappointing and as J.E.B noted, they're not close to competing against the top teams. Quite a fall from when PSU and Purdue ruled the conference year in and year out.

EddyS

Oct 25, 2021
I've watched a lot of games over many years and felt Coquese was responsible for the downward slide. Now I'm not so sure. The team is bad and isn't competitive. I think Penn State was ahead of the game in women's athletics in the B10 in various sports (b-ball and volleyball are 2 of note) and other schools have now surpassed us. The women's b-ball team lacks athleticism, toughness and skill. You watch some teams and think that they're athletic, but not necessarily good ball players and other teams are the opposite. This team is neither. They need to be good at perimeter shooting to overcome their other flaws and they don't shoot well. Girls that showed promise last year have regressed this year. Very disappointing and as J.E.B noted, they're not close to competing against the top teams. Quite a fall from when PSU and Purdue ruled the conference year in and year out.
Coquese was a joke. All went way downhill once Renee Portland was sacked for PC. IMO, she got caught in the rapidly changing attitude towards gays. If she had shut her mouth and watched the change instead of commenting, she would be the coach and PSU would be top ten.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I saw a stat the other day that their B1G losses this year have been by an average margin of 15 pts. Not even close with the top teams. Does she even have a signature win yet??? but Sandy’s got this and she ain’t anywhere while Sandy’s here. Team reflects their coach and if they are stagnant on offense, lack hustle, and are disorganized they ain’t grasping the culture she is trying to establish. Granted CoVid hit her first year so give her five years at the helm but there’s not much enthusiasm around the program.
I have a good number of Penn State friends & acquaintances. In them I see a general malaise regarding the University as a whole. While there are exceptions, like wrestling and football, most reflect a feeling that Penn State is regressing academically and athletically. It is still a good school but there was a time when it was on track to be a great one and that no longer appears to be the case. Perhaps the new President can turn it around but she is likely beholden to the Board of Trustees and they are largely responsible for Penn State's slow slide toward mediocrity.

Reactions: Bison13

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
Coquese was a joke. All went way downhill once Renee Portland was sacked for PC. IMO, she got caught in the rapidly changing attitude towards gays. If she had shut her mouth and watched the change instead of commenting, she would be the coach and PSU would be top ten.
Coquese was a joke - Is she even in coaching anymore??

Latest posts