2021-22 Sixers Thread

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
He may not be mentally prepared to play basketball by then either ;)

Part of me feels bad for him. You have to be incredibly fragile if you 1) make that much money and 2) are actually a really good player but still let the little things like that get to you so much. I would hate it if that was my personality. No one wants to be disliked, but man, if he fights through that, works hard and comes back trying hard to improve in 2022, Philly fans would've loved him. I really believe that. All we want to see is guys giving it their all and trying to get better to help the team. Sure, some are just a$$holes, but for the most part, if he rallies and comes out in 2022 and gives it his all, this could've been so much better for his brand and image.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Part of me feels bad for him. You have to be incredibly fragile if you 1) make that much money and 2) are actually a really good player but still let the little things like that get to you so much. I would hate it if that was my personality. No one wants to be disliked, but man, if he fights through that, works hard and comes back trying hard to improve in 2022, Philly fans would've loved him. I really believe that. All we want to see is guys giving it their all and trying to get better to help the team. Sure, some are just a$$holes, but for the most part, if he rallys and comes out in 2022 and gives it his all, this could've been so much better for his brand and image.
Yep. Really not that hard to be an athlete in Philly. Just work hard and care about your sport as much as the fans do and you'll be fine. If he tried to work through it and showed effort, the fans would at least give him respect. But instead, he essentially gave up, which is a cardinal sin in Phila. They will never let him forget that.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
AND I can't wait for the Nets to come to Philly. Simmons may get booed like nobody has been booed...ever. Looking forward to his free throws already.

You're talking Danny Ainge type of booing at a Sixers game. The booing the first time J.D. (f*ing) Drew appeared at a Phillies game was quite high (and justified).

I'm not sure which Eagles' fan's booing would be comparable. Perhaps T.O.'s return in 2006 as a Cowboy. Perhaps in response to Deion Sanders' antics when Michael Irvin was down on the grass due to an injury. I'm probably forgetting a few good ones involving the Birds' fans.

If Simmons plays @ Philadelphia in March 10 (I doubt he will), as you indicated the booing will be vociferous and sustained. It's unfortunate, as he was well liked for a long time in Philadelphia. His disappearing act in last year's playoffs, and then his not playing this year due to his so-called mental health issues, have burnt up all the good will he had with Sixers' fans.

Reactions: Grant Green

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
From a fan perspective and not worrying about long term ramifications, I'm excited. It's hard to watch games on the west coast, but I will certainly make more of an effort. Harden has his issues, but he sure is fun to watch.

AND I can't wait for the Nets to come to Philly. Simmons may get booed like nobody has been booed...ever. Looking forward to his free throws already.
Son 2 and I will be in attendance :)

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Yep. Really not that hard to be an athlete in Philly. Just work hard and care about your sport as much as the fans do and you'll be fine. If he tried to work through it and showed effort, the fans would at least give him respect. But instead, he essentially gave up, which is a cardinal sin in Phila. They will never let him forget that.

Yep, exactly. It's a shame.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
That game is early March, too. I bet the Nets hold him out until after that game. I hope they don't, but I bet they will.
I'm sure Ben's "mental illness" will kick back in as soon as he wakes up on 3/11. I do not expect him to play in that game.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Paul Reed played tonight when Embid sat. He logged 13 minutes and had 6 points and 7 rebounds. He’s done well before in the D league. He’s no Andre Drummond but he might be serviceable.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Joel having an insane game. Triple double…a fast break with a “fake pass and one” that any PG would be proud of…and a murder of Jarrett Allen on television.

He’s a grown *** man who is must watch TV. Dismantling the #2 team in the East. I can’t wait for James Harden to get here!

#RIPBozo

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
I’m also curious if this unlocks Tobias some. He clearly is the 3rd option now with scoring pressure off him with Joel and Harden. They can provide plenty of scoring and Tobias will get less of the D focused on him as the 3rd option. If Glen stops these Tobias 29 dribble post up possessions, it would be fantastic. Try to get him playing faster and cutting with Harden now.

I also think Maxey could learn a lot from Harden when it comes to creating contact. That’s one thing he hasn’t been able to consistently get calls on. If Maxey makes another leap next year their starting 5 could be a real problem for the league.
I think Harris is the 4th option....Maxey is 3 and he just keeps getting batter! Those 4 will be tough to stop in the playoffs, just need to get there healthy and the Sixers have a REAL good shot at a Ship!

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
Paul Reed played tonight when Embid sat. He logged 13 minutes and had 6 points and 7 rebounds. He’s done well before in the D league. He’s no Andre Drummond but he might be serviceable.
Watch for the buyout market where I think the Sixers could pick up Eric Gordon(Relationship Chemistry wit Morey/Harden) DeAndre Jordon or Tristan Thompson for Backup Big Minutes. Those 2 moves would make the Sixers a lot better! Gordon is having a real good year shooting.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Joel Embiid…the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have a feeling this was Joel getting ready for this game in the locker room after hearing about that Celtics loss for 2 days.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
So I see that Sir Charles has predicted a championship for Brooklyn. He believes they now have too many weapons for the Sixers to stop. My guess is that’s the kiss if death. I can’t see them meshing all those personalities. But it sure will be fun to watch.