2021-22 Sixers Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
nice win against Portland, with JoJo taking a game off. Sixers win 113-103.

harjeff

Oct 27, 2021
Great win for the boys considering without 2 starters for the game and losing a 3rd around halftime. Everyone picked it up and the bench guys really played well.

....as a side note Dame has REALLY struggled from 3 this season so far....was 2-14 in Charlotte and 2-9 last night.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Great win for the boys considering without 2 starters for the game and losing a 3rd around halftime. Everyone picked it up and the bench guys really played well.

....as a side note Dame has REALLY struggled from 3 this season so far....was 2-14 in Charlotte and 2-9 last night.
Lillard is .231 from 3 this year. Historically bad, per ESPN.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I think Ben has destroyed his value. His team played this so poorly for the long term. Who wants to pay max money for a guy who goes this route?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I think Ben has destroyed his value. His team played this so poorly for the long term. Who wants to pay max money for a guy who goes this route?

perhaps.

you could also take this angle:

- after the playoffs, his value was down
- most GMs quickly got a sense that the Sixers were shopping him, so they knew they were in a buyer's market, and probably not offering a lot
- the Sixers decided that they weren't giving him away, and with him being on a 3- or 4-year contract (I forget which one), they had some leverage with him

At this point, I think both sides (Sixers and Ben) are playing out their roles to the max. The Sixers fined him for not reporting, and then suspended him for his efforts, or lack thereof, at practice. Ben is working the mental angle to try still get payed but to try to force a trade.

The Sixers are playing pretty well so far. I was quite pleased with their performance last night without JoJo and Tobias (and Green exiting due to injury). They have some nice pieces, especially when they move the ball around. As such, they're not missing Ben all that much.

This could play out for months, or even years. If the relationship remains fractured (which seems likely), then the Sixers will continue looking for a trade. It may take longer than any fans like, but at some point other GMs are going to have address a key injury, and/or will forget about the shortcomings in Ben's game and focuses on the many things that he does well on the floor, or will want to go all-in for a title run.

I concur that Ben has hurt his value. As for the Sixers, I think they're playing a bad hand pretty well so far.

Reactions: WestSideLion

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers with a big win with a depleted lineup. First time seeing the bulls and they look good and athletic.

If the Sixers don’t have those two horrendous quarters against the Knicks & Nets they are 8-0.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Wait, has there always been a Sixers thread on this board?

How did I miss this?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Entertaining game tonight. Nice to see the backups playing well in the absence of Tobias and Green and Furkan was also out.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
And a trip down memory lane ... I had forgotten about this play/incident until I saw the below tweet

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Like I said when this started on the other board…this is gonna be a fun year! Anyone who thought Ben was being a good soldier was kidding themselves. His plan the whole time was just to make sure he found a loophole to get paid.

Totally unrelated…Daryl Morey got a new tat this weekend

1EF630B1-5C2D-4B3F-BDD5-985AC3DC26E1.jpeg

Reactions: WestSideLion

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers with a big win last night. Missing half their roster they beat the Bulls again. Embiid finally with an “Embiid” type game and of course you get a huge game from the Turkish Mamba when you need it. You gotta wonder if this teams chemistry is a big reason why they are having so much success. They look like they are having fun. Keep Ben away!!

Reactions: K-Live and Nitwit

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Now Jo-Jo has the Vid…at least he’ll get some rest for his knee.

If there is a silver lining, It would be that at least all of these starters are getting positive tests out of the way early in the season. However, these next few games are what I'd call bad timing to have all of your starters out. Might be a bumpy next few weeks or so. Hopefully these guys are symptom free and don't lose too much conditioning while quarantining.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Why are so many 76ers testing positive for Covid-19? Were they not vaccinated? I don’t understand why not. What’s the deal?