2022 - 2023 Premier League Thread

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I’m not ready to let go of the Premier League until next season.

Is anyone going to any of the Summer Series matches? My wife and I are going to Brighton v. Newcastle United in Harrison, NJ on July 28th.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

Is anyone going to any of the Summer Series matches? My wife and I are going to Brighton v. Newcastle United in Harrison, NJ on July 22nd.
Fed Ex Field will host a doubleheader. Intriguing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobPSU92

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Arsenal is playing the MLS All-Stars at Audi Field, July 19. This is more likely for me than the doubleheader.

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
@Alphabets

Arsenal improved by 15 points from last year, not quite good enough to be champions but it was a hell of a run, a hell of a year. I loved the ride.
We were teased by it in 2016, but prior to that it was the year after the invincibles in '05 when we had the type of team capable of putting in a run like this year. Can't wait for next, already!

Reactions: LionJim

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021

Is anyone going to any of the Summer Series matches? My wife and I are going to Brighton v. Newcastle United in Harrison, NJ on July 22nd.
I will be there on the 22nd for Arsenal vs United! Tickets purchased.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
What happens to top players on the relegated clubs? Do they actually play in the second league? The revenue in the second league has to be much lower than in English Premier League. How do relegated clubs honor the contracts?

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
What happens to top players on the relegated clubs? Do they actually play in the second league? The revenue in the second league has to be much lower than in English Premier League. How do relegated clubs honor the contracts?
I believe many player contracts have clauses about relegation. In the event a club is relegated, the contract is terminated and the player can sign with another club.

This may be more common for the established veteran players than young kids who come up via a club’s youth academy.

The finances change dramatically after relegation for clubs. They’re likely happy to have big player wages off the books.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Can someone explain what happened to Pulisic in the last quarter of the season?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I really wouldn’t know but after reading some Twitter replies, I’ll ask: how many teams employ a 4-4-2?

That used to be one of the most popular formations, and it's still used by some teams (I don't think any of the EPL teams currently use it).

I think it's popularity peaked some time in the 00s, though England's National Team used into the 2010s.

I believe the 4-2-3-1 is now the most popular formation.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Anyone catch Pep’s cameo on the final episode of Ted Lasso?

Is anyone going to any of the Summer Series matches? My wife and I are going to Brighton v. Newcastle United in Harrison, NJ on July 28th.
We were there several years ago for Spurs Roma. Fun event. We parked in Newark, ate at a nice Spanish restaurant and ubered to the stadium and return trip.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Anyone catch Pep’s cameo on the final episode of Ted Lasso?

Yeah...knew it was coming as they had leaked it. Sudeikas like any American City fan discovered soccer in the last decade or so....as they may has well been Bristol of Sunderland prior to the Saudi's owning them.