2022-23 PSU Women's Ice Hockey Thread

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU Women's Ice Hockey 2022-23 pre-season, in-season, and postseason, and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.
Help me out here. PSU is playing fir the CHA Championship and Ohio State I believe is playing for a separate championship. Why two separate collegiate women's hockey titles? Is one of these higher caliber ice hockey? Are both DIV 1?

Last edited:

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
Help me out here. PSU is playing fir the CHA Championship and Ohio State I believe is playing for a separate championship. Why two separate collegiate women's hockey titles? Is one of these higher caliber ice hockey? Are both DIV 1?
Yes. Women’s hockey just has a different conference alignments than men’s hockey. These are just conference tournaments. Regional ones that lead to Women’s Frozen Four start after.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

The B1G conference has a league for men's ice hockey. The B1G does not have a league for women's ice hockey. As such, B1G schools that sponsor a D1 women's ice hockey team have to reach an agreement to join another conference for women's ice hockey.

PSU women's hockey plays in the College Hockey America (CHA) conference.

Ohio State women's hockey plays in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) conference.

Both the CHA and the WCHA are Div. 1 women's ice hockey.

PSU advanced to the CHA conference final. They will play Mercyhurst in the CHA Championship on March 4. The final will be held at PSU.

Ohio State advanced to the WCHA Final Faceoff Semifinal. They will play Minnesota Duluth on March 3. The contest will be in Minneapolis, MN.

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
The B1G conference has a league for men's ice hockey. The B1G does not have a league for women's ice hockey. As such, B1G schools that sponsor a D1 women's ice hockey team have to reach an agreement to join another conference for women's ice hockey.

PSU women's hockey plays in the College Hockey America (CHA) conference.

Ohio State women's hockey plays in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) conference.

Both the CHA and the WCHA are Div. 1 women's ice hockey.

PSU advanced to the CHA conference final. They will play Mercyhurst in the CHA Championship on March 4. The final will be held at PSU.

Ohio State advanced to the WCHA Final Faceoff Semifinal. They will play Minnesota Duluth on March 3. The contest will be in Minneapolis, MN.
Thank you for the clarification Tom. Good to know the season doesn't end with conference play and they have an opportunity to play for an NCAA title.

Roar More

Oct 30, 2021
Thank you for the clarification Tom. Good to know the season doesn't end with conference play and they have an opportunity to play for an NCAA title.
To clarify further, there are not enough Big 10 women's hickey teams to make a conference. The men were only able to do it by letting the ***** University of Notre Dame compete in the conference.

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
If they lose tomorrow, probably end of their season. A few years ago they were top 10 and lost in CHA semis and they didn’t make regionals. There is a chance though with a loss, as now 11 advance, not just 8.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
there are not enough Big 10 women's hickey teams to make a conference.

I did not know women even had hickey teams! Where was this when I was in school! Dammit!

couple love GIF by Amanda Lepore

• Wow
Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts