2022-23 PSU Women's Ice Hockey Thread

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
To clarify further, there are not enough Big 10 women's hickey teams to make a conference. The men were only able to do it by letting the ***** University of Notre Dame compete in the conference.

This is false regarding the men's B1G hockey conference. Penn State joining as a sixth program mandated a B1G men's hockey league, and the Domers had nothing to do with it. How this misinformation is learned and spouted is beyond me. Is it that hard to not post if aren't certain the answer to a question?

Evan Ceg

Nov 1, 2021
Jeezus, I hate this portal/NIL crap. Which was a bigger factor in Zanon's defection? The chance to win a national championship with the Buckeyes or the tOSU coaching staff calling her up and offering her an NIL deal that PSU couldn't match before she had even decided to enter the portal?

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
Which was a bigger factor in Zanon's defection? The chance to win a national championship with the Buckeyes or the tOSU coaching staff calling her up and offering her an NIL deal that PSU couldn't match before she had even decided to enter the portal?
Does it matter in all honesty?
They have, we don’t so these things are going to happen again & again

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
?? I'm not sure what the reporter is hinting out when he says "change is nonetheless on the way for Penn State and its rivals." An all men's hockey league merges with an all women's league. The new commissioner says "Merging our two leagues gives us the opportunity to streamline our operations and build an enhanced brand in men’s and women’s ice hockey as a unified conference." Other than a possible change in the name of the CHA (the league that PSU's women play in), I don't see a lot of change for PSU due to the merger.

Last edited:

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
?? I'm not sure what the reporter is hinting out when he says "change is nonetheless on the way for Penn State and its rivals." An all men's hockey league merges with an all women's league. The new commissioner says "Merging our two leagues gives us the opportunity to streamline our operations and build an enhanced brand in men’s and women’s ice hockey as a unified conference." Other than a possible change in the name of the CHA (the league that PSU's women play in), I don't see a lot of change for PSU due to the merger.

It's The Collegian, Tom. Their writing and editing is poor on a regular basis.