2022-23 Sixers Thread

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Yep - losing Shake and Niang is not a good sign. Both of these players are contributors (when given the chance). I guess it frees up some cap space, but the question is for whom? They need to settle the Hardin / Harris situations so they can move on and begin to rebuild around Maxey and Embid.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Yep - losing Shake and Niang is not a good sign. Both of these players are contributors (when given the chance). I guess it frees up some cap space, but the question is for whom? They need to settle the Hardin / Harris situations so they can move on and begin to rebuild around Maxey and Embid.
Milton and Niang are role players who both played inconsistently. Niang was terrible on defense and added little if he wasn’t hitting the 3s. I get the angst among Sixers’ fans but it’s still a long way to opening night. Let’s see how it all shakes out. No pun intended.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Milton and Niang are role players who both played inconsistently. Niang was terrible on defense and added little if he wasn’t hitting the 3s. I get the angst among Sixers’ fans but it’s still a long way to opening night. Let’s see how it all shakes out. No pun intended.
Shake is a bigger loss. I read a lot of sports autobiographies when I was a lad and one quote which continues to stand out is from Jerry West: “Shooters are a dime a dozen.” (Another is from Bill Russell: “The most important thing you have is your good name.”)

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
As free agency was playing out, I thought that the Sixers and Bamba could help each other, and it appears they also felt that way.

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Honestly, I think the front office screwed us for at least a decade. I love Embid, but the process doesn't seem that it will ever play out in a victory.

What trade can be had?

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Honestly, I think the front office screwed us for at least a decade. I love Embid, but the process doesn't seem that it will ever play out in a victory.

What trade can be had?
It’s not The Process. That yielded a TON of assets. It was the poor picks, trades and bad luck that led to this point.

Collangello absolutely screwed the Sixers with the Markelle Fultz trade/pick and the Tobias Harris extension. Those were absolute wastes of precious resources.

The Simmons pick was just bad luck. Maybe Donovan Mitchell was the better long term pick, but nobody had him #1 above Simmons. Nobody.

At least Simmons helped land Harden and it’s hard to argue the Sixers lost out in that trade. Simmons hasn’t played in two years.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
This is gonna be me to Josh Harris, Daryl Morey, and Elton Brand if they lose BBall Paul. Nick Nurse isn’t catching any heat yet so he’s “cool”.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I hadn't thought about this event in many years. I do recall being very frustrated and disappointed when the trade was announced.

Latest posts