2022-23 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
So we hired another coach that was fired for failing to meet expectations for another organization. Oh…and has tied to Daryl Morey. Shocker!

Nurse has a ring. That’s the trump card, I guess. He’s a good coach. The players will need to buy into Nurse in a way they weren’t able to with Rivers.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Even better than the Heat sweeping the Celtics was giving their entire stupid clown fan base hope and belief they could actually be the first team to come back from 3-0 only to get curb stomped AT HOME!

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t think Nurse can make that much difference unless the Sixers are able to turn over their roster. They need to let Hardin go and trade Harris for some draft picks and get a younger point guard who can shoot. It’s a 3 point shooters game now and even Maxey lacks consistency from beyond the line. This was only effective when Hardin was able and willing to put up 3s but he’s running out of gas in his mid 30s now. They need to get younger, taller, and healthier. Why Korkmaz never saw the floor is beyond me. Playing Embid at the high post and having him flop getting to the basket only gets him injured every year. But what do I know - I’m just an internet critic who never played beyond high school.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t think Nurse can make that much difference unless the Sixers are able to turn over their roster. They need to let Hardin go and trade Harris for some draft picks and get a younger point guard. It’s a 3 point shooters game now and even Maxey lacks consistency from beyond the line. Why Korkmaz never saw the floor is beyond me. Playing Embid at the high post and having him flop getting to the basket only gets him injured every year.
Maxey was 5th in the league in 3 point field goal percentage, .434, the highest of any starting guard in the league.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Well there ya go. Maybe I over reacted to a few bad games.
I did too, don’t worry. I was surprised to see his percentage that high, to tell you the truth.

You’ve seen Duncan Robinson play this postseason? He’s at .446 for 3, had two wide open threes late on Saturday, misses.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
I was hoping the Sixers could talk Harden into taking the player option year. Knowing that he would be traded to Washington for Beal. Then as their during with CP3 getting bought out & released. So he could sign with Houston. 🤷‍♂️🫤 oh well

Reactions: WestSideLion

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
It looks like the Sixers are resigning Tobias Harris for 3 more years for $30 million. Unless this is some sort of a sign and trade deal, which it’s not being reported as, it doesn’t appear that the Sixers will be a draft participant.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Will Harden be moving on? What kind of timeline would we be looking at?

Latest posts