2022-23 Sixers Thread

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
10…9…8….ITS TIME!!!!

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
There are some fine players I’m watching. I mean, Marcus Smart is a hell of a player and at best he’s the fifth best player on the floor.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
An uninspired game. Sixers have 12 turnovers with a couple minutes left in 3rd. (Averaged 12.5 per game last season.)

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
So after 3 quarters it’s good to see the following:
1) still no real offensive sets for Maxey
2) Glen Rivers still refuses to play B-Ball Paul
3) After retooling roster, bench giving them nothing.
4) Sixers still love turning the ball over
5) They still don’t know how to throw an entry pass

That being said, if this is the James Harden I’m getting all year I will be excited.

Yes…after 3 quarters I’m already upset with their play. I’m a Philly fan…WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Grant Williams having no problem handling Joel Embiid in the post. Does Joel know this isn’t preseason anymore??

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
An under appreciated Sixers star from their great teams in the 60s.

One of my favorites. If I remember, he didn’t like to talk much about his playing days after retiring and didn’t like people making a big deal about him playing pro hoops. Him and Wilt made for a ferocious duo in the front court of the best team I ever saw. RIP#54.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
One of my favorites. If I remember, he didn’t like to talk much about his playing days after retiring and didn’t like people making a big deal about him playing pro hoops. Him and Wilt made for a ferocious duo in the front court of the best team I ever saw. RIP#54.

One of mine as well. And you're correct that he didn't like to talk about his time in the NBA after retiring. I think that's contributed to people not remembering him, or to the younger people not realizing what a great player he was.

That team was one for the ages.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Yes…but I prefer to be miserable and there’s a long standing belief on this site that I am the mush during big games. You don’t want THESE eyeballs on THAT game!! Your welcome!
Weird but I never wrote “Guys ya know the phils are on right?”

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Someone tell Joel The Troll Embid the season started, so disconnected did not even look like he was paying any attention to Doc in the last huddle down 1.

Reactions: jmorovich

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Someone tell Joel The Troll Embid the season started, so disconnected did not even look like he was paying any attention to Doc in the last huddle down 1.
I’m PRAYING this is Joel’s way of getting Glen Rivers out of here (I highly doubt it but a kid can dream). I’d take an 0-10 start for that gift. Would love to see Sam Cassel run this team.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
So after 3 quarters it’s good to see the following:
1) still no real offensive sets for Maxey
2) Glen Rivers still refuses to play B-Ball Paul
3) After retooling roster, bench giving them nothing.
4) Sixers still love turning the ball over
5) They still don’t know how to throw an entry pass

That being said, if this is the James Harden I’m getting all year I will be excited.

Yes…after 3 quarters I’m already upset with their play. I’m a Philly fan…WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?! 🤣
Long season…but some things never change.

Can’t wait to get the Time Lord back and let’s go Celts!

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
for real. No idea what is going on there. He's looked soft and dis-interested so far. He got man-handled several times at the rim against Giannis and Lopez - going up soft, dopey and out of control. WTF?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
A least you can hustle and guard your man and not lay on the floor looking for fouls, Lopez out played him big time lastnight.

for real. No idea what is going on there. He's looked soft and dis-interested so far. He got man-handled several times at the rim against Giannis and Lopez - going up soft, dopey and out of control. WTF?

I think you guys are over reacting a bit. It's a long season, and he had a lot of injuries/rehab in the offseason. Let things play out a bit.

Reactions: K-Live

PSUriseANDfire

Oct 12, 2021
Doc is going to be gone soon. He won a title with a team so loaded it started a trend. They should have had two or three. He gets outcoached late in games and has so many blown huge leads it is incredible.

This team will end up winning 48 and make a second round exit again. Not sure he even wins the title he did win without Thibs on his side.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Extremely disappointing defensive performance. Had to stop watching at halftime; could tell it was going to be one of those nights.