2022-23 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

thanks for finding his version of the situation. It's not a huge thing to me, and I'm an avowed Sixers fan. With those those caveats, I find Giannis's explanation to be a load of crap. The event was over. This was not practice time. As a NBA player, he has a right to the court during warmups and during the game. After that, he doesn't have any rights to be able to practice on the court if the facilities personnel have things to do with the court. He then exacerbated things by pushing the ladder out of the way/knocking it over after the facilities personnel told him they had work to do.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The Nets are seriously bad on defense. Good win for the Sixers.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
My son says to me last night “THIS team is so much more fun to watch.”

Really curious how this team preforms when everyone is back. I admit, I am with my son. This team is fun to watch. Playing hard on D, hustling on the offensive glass, BIG Paul Reed minutes, etc. Wonder if that all goes away when Harden & Embiid are back.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
My son says to me last night “THIS team is so much more fun to watch.”

Really curious how this team preforms when everyone is back. I admit, I am with my son. This team is fun to watch. Playing hard on D, hustling on the offensive glass, BIG Paul Reed minutes, etc. Wonder if that all goes away when Harden & Embiid are back.

The team has certainly played better than I expected. I wish that Maxey wasn't injured as well, as it would have been nice to get him going the way he was playing in preseason. But between his work ethic, his conditioning, and his skill set, he should be able to achieve his form not long after he's cleared.

Harden and Embiid seem to prefer a half-court set, though both will hit somebody that releases on a shot if they get the rebound. Both of them have a tendency to hold the ball too long, which bogs down the O and also limits the options their teammates have if/when they pass the ball.

Doc isn't dumb, and I'm sure he sees the difference in the play. Whether he can modify things once the aforementioned return remains to be seen.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I surmised that Harden might come off the injured list fat. Thoughts?

Edit: saw some replays. Harden looked to be in decent shape. Still, 4/19.

I watched about half of the game. He played better than I expected for having been out for some time. He made some nice step-back 3s. He was the best passer on the Sixers, though a few of his passes kind of handcuffed his teammates. I wasn't happy with his shot selection at the end of the game, but if any of those shots go in, I would have been celebrating.

It was concerning that their half court offense did seem to be inconsistent in its approach, though that's been the case for years. When Embiid is down low and they attack the basket and/or pass the ball out for open jumpers, the O works. When they stand around and wait for Embiid or for The Beard to sink a long jumper, the O sputters, depending on whether or not the aforementioned are hitting their shots.

Reactions: LionJim

Daveb9127

Nov 29, 2021
This team is ridiculous. Up 18 going into the 4th, Up 9 with a minute left, and you go into overtime? Rivers teams can never finish.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This team is ridiculous. Up 18 going into the 4th, Up 9 with a minute left, and you go into overtime? Rivers teams can never finish.

certainly did poorly down the stretch (though I thought Embiid was fouled on the inbound pass). But the Sixers have done quite nicely in OT, and win easily.

Reactions: mwaltrip

Daveb9127

Nov 29, 2021
certainly did poorly down the stretch (though I thought Embiid was fouled on the inbound pass). But the Sixers have done quite nicely in OT, and win easily.
Yeah, luckily the Lakers shooting went frigid. The turnovers in the 4th were horrendous, and Doc needed to call some timeouts to calm it down some.

Latest posts