2022 Phillies Thread

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
Just heard that Jean Segura signed with the Marlins. I hope that doesn't come to bite us. I would have loved to have Jean stay with the team in some capacity.

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
So there's going to be a pitch clock, no shifts and bigger bases this year. I hope this speeds up the game. 4 hour baseball games are way too long.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Just heard that Jean Segura signed with the Marlins. I hope that doesn't come to bite us. I would have loved to have Jean stay with the team in some capacity.

See post 2,992 in this thread. He was a nice player, and had a great hit in the postseason.

Would you rather have Trea Turner on the team, or Jean Segura? I think that's an easy one to answer. Segura was being paid a good bit, so the Phils were not going to keep him and also sign a star SS.

Bryson Stott will slide over to 2nd. Segura and Stott are different type of players, but I don't think Phils' fans are going to regret that Segura is not on the field for them. And it doesn't hurt that Stott is young, and under contract for some time at a low rate, which in part allows the Phightins to sign some high-priced FAs.

Ironman2

Dec 18, 2021
Where is he going to play? His contract was for something like 16 million this coming year.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
See post 2,992 in this thread. He was a nice player, and had a great hit in the postseason.

Would you rather have Trea Turner on the team, or Jean Segura? I think that's an easy one to answer. Segura was being paid a good bit, so the Phils were not going to keep him and also sign a star SS.

Bryson Stott will slide over to 2nd. Segura and Stott are different type of players, but I don't think Phils' fans are going to regret that Segura is not on the field for them. And it doesn't hurt that Stott is young, and under contract for some time at a low rate, which in part allows the Phightins to sign some high-priced FAs.
Well said, Tom. Segura made some nice memories, but nobody in MLB would prefer him over Turner in the middle infield if money’s not a concern.

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
The jewel this off season is going to be the acquisition of Trevor Bauer. A proven Ace who’s probably going to come at a reasonable price. I hope S. Cohen opens up the portafoglio.

Attachments

• 94B81857-188A-4E02-9099-EEF0DC655B5F.jpeg
    94B81857-188A-4E02-9099-EEF0DC655B5F.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 5

Colt2169

Dec 13, 2021
Sorry to see Vierling traded.

Liked Matt and Nick too - a lot - but here’s the thing - they’re a dime a dozen.

And, this might give them an opportunity to be a little more than they are now which is great for them.

BUT……..I LOVE getting another hard throwing all-star caliber lefty reliever.

Heck I Love our bullpen now - we don’t need a true “closer” - you got one of four guys you can throw in based on the situation which is, imho, actually better than having one singular “closer”!

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
Liked Matt and Nick too - a lot - but here’s the thing - they’re a dime a dozen.

And, this might give them an opportunity to be a little more than they are now which is great for them.

BUT……..I LOVE getting another hard throwing all-star caliber lefty reliever.

Heck I Love our bullpen now - we don’t need a true “closer” - you got one of four guys you can throw in based on the situation which is, imho, actually better than having one singular “closer”!
Yeah the bullpen now has some options for the last few innings

Reactions: PSU2169 and Rick76

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
I'm aware of all that. What we're banking on is Stott having a good season. He really faded down the stretch while Jean came up clutch many times. We're going to need all hands on deck until Harper gets back mid-season (hopefully). Jean turned some unbelievable double plays that kept us alive down the stretch. Plus Jean said he wanted to finish his career in Philly. Wish we could have kept him but the numbers and playing time just didn't work out, I guess.

Reactions: LionJim

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
Here's a little nugget I just picked up. All four of Roger Clemens' kids have a first name starting with "K" - Koby, Kory, Kacy, and Kody.

• Haha
Reactions: WestSideLion

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
The jewel this off season is going to be the acquisition of Trevor Bauer. A proven Ace who’s probably going to come at a reasonable price. I hope S. Cohen opens up the portafoglio.
Maybe Cohen could sign both him and Ron Jeremy

Tchains23

Oct 12, 2021
I'm aware of all that. What we're banking on is Stott having a good season. He really faded down the stretch while Jean came up clutch many times. We're going to need all hands on deck until Harper gets back mid-season (hopefully). Jean turned some unbelievable double plays that kept us alive down the stretch. Plus Jean said he wanted to finish his career in Philly. Wish we could have kept him but the numbers and playing time just didn't work out, I guess.
I love Jean and everything he did while with the Phillies. But how is this a Jean vs Stott conversation? Its a Jean vs Turner comparison. They didn exchange Jean for Stott. They upgraded to Turner and Stott in theory. All hands are on deck.

Reactions: PSU2169

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
tweets like the below means this thread is in its last month (not sure it will last that long) of existence:

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99

Latest posts