2022 Prediction Thread

Old_Gold_Knights

May 26, 2022
Week 0 win and possibly start 8-0 or 7-1(OU loss) finishing 8-4 with the 7-1 start or 9-3 with the 8-0 start. Starts with week 0 can't start on a loss AGAIN! 4/5 years week 1/0 losses aren't getting it done for growth or molding.

itseasyas1-2-3

May 31, 2022
5-7 I don't think the offense is fixed yet.. defense should be good again
I break the season down in 4 game segments:

NW, NO DAK, GA SO, OU. Reasonable to think NU goes 3-1. If NU goes 2-2, trouble is brewing early.

IND, RUT, PUR, ILL. Reasonable to think NU goes 2-2 and maybe 3-1.

MN, MI, WISC, IA. Reasonable to think NU goes 1-3 or maybe 0-4.

My best scenario is 6-6.
My other scenario is 5-7.
Neither of which should be reason to retain SF.

I'm still having trouble getting over how badly the OL was consistently stoned by the Defense. (A defense minus Mathis, Wynn and Drew) Ouch.
(I reserve the right to make another prediction following fall practice. There it's mine, I called it).

Reactions: NikkiSixx

NikkiSixx

May 31, 2022
I break the season down in 4 game segments:

NW, NO DAK, GA SO, OU. Reasonable to think NU goes 3-1. If NU goes 2-2, trouble is brewing early.

IND, RUT, PUR, ILL. Reasonable to think NU goes 2-2 and maybe 3-1.

MN, MI, WISC, IA. Reasonable to think NU goes 1-3 or maybe 0-4.

My best scenario is 6-6.
My other scenario is 5-7.
Neither of which should be reason to retain SF.

I'm still having trouble getting over how badly the OL was consistently stoned by the Defense. (A defense minus Mathis, Wynn and Drew) Ouch.
(I reserve the right to make another prediction following fall practice. There it's mine, I called it).
That is sort of how I broke it down.

I could see him getting that 6th game, which many will say is progress..

I would like to see real progress, not just a year with an easy schedule along with the same old issues as we have had in the past.

Recruiting has always been pretty good and gives hope, but the results have not matched.

ChickenCock

Jun 1, 2022
Frost will be fired. Only suspense will be how soon after Oct 1 it occurs. Mickey Joseph is safe, otherwise his wife's Twitter meltdown would be epic.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

HUSKERFAN66

May 31, 2022
Sure would be a disappointment to get less than 7 wins with coaching changes and portal additions only to see them fired.

WestCoastCornhusker

Jun 1, 2022
wtf GIF

I'll go with 11-1.

Reactions: Anon1654080817

WestCoastCornhusker

Jun 1, 2022
I thought they still had Frost as the corch.
Yes they do, based on the talent level we have, new OC and WR coach, and the strength of schedule I would expect base case 10-2. I'm predicting an upset over OU. Only a complete incompetent coach would achieve less than 8-4.

Huskermack

Apr 28, 2022
Yes they do, based on the talent level we have, new OC and WR coach, and the strength of schedule I would expect base case 10-2. I'm predicting an upset over OU. Only a complete incompetent coach would achieve less than 8-4.
Very interesting.
I have Frost as the model for coaching incompetence.

Truewooper

Jun 1, 2022
7-5 not confident but I have to go with the numbers. Not the biggest SF fan but better special teams (hopefully), a better TD to interception ratio (hopefully) and a little bit of an easier schedule (hopefully) should hopefully lead to the first bowl game since 2016.