2023-2024 Bowl Season games thread

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
this is silly. they are playing third string qb and missing best player in the game. good lord.
Every team is has players opting out and transferring. No excuses. Day is history at OSU. Like Harbaugh said. Ryan Day was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The OL was conserving energy earlier when they were allowing all those sacks. 😉
To be fair, the Missouri QB was late to pull the trigger on a few drop backs earlier in the game. The announcers at one point even stated that he wasn’t seeing open WRs. He seemed to freeze in the pocket at times.

Reactions: LionJim

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Every team is has players opting out and transferring. No excuses. Day is history at OSU. Like Harbaugh said. Ryan Day was born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.
Absolutely. All you ever hear is how loaded they are. That when a 4 and 5 start goes down, they relaid with more 4 and 5 stars. Ask them, the hung the fricking moon.
How many defensive players opted out? I honestly don’t know, but they didn’t stop them in the 4th quarter.
No, I’m not feeling bad about the ohowihate suckeyes from columbASS

OL

Phlebitis

Oct 25, 2021
I guess McCord was not so bad after all.
So has anyone offered a good explanation why he would just walk away from OSU as a 1 year starter to play at Syracuse? Can’t imagine he was threatened by the depth chart. His NFL prospects had to better where he was. Does he fear what’s looming without Maserati? Had enough of Ryan Day’s beard? Not sure if it got discussed here, but what a curious move.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
So has anyone offered a good explanation why he would just walk away from OSU as a 1 year starter to play at Syracuse? Can’t imagine he was threatened by the depth chart. His NFL prospects had to better where he was. Does he fear what’s looming without Maserati? Had enough of Ryan Day’s beard? Not sure if it got discussed here, but what a curious move.

I heard hinted several places that he wanted assurances he’d have the job next fall and Day said no way, it’s a wide open competition come this spring.

Reactions: Catch1lion

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Have to commend Missouri. No players opted out of the bowl. Lots of character there.
Their HC is a very good coach and a good person as well. It will be interesting to see how long he is the HC there as he will be a name down the road when some big programs have openings.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Henderson might be wise to go to the draft. This Buckeye offence is offensive. He'd be taking a big chance coming back for this. And they have way too many top100 WRs to look this pedestrian. Maybe some of those WRs are realizing they may need to look elsewhere as well.

Also, the big 10 refs may want to stop helping Ohio St and Michigan in any of their conference games that look like they might need it. They are noticeably worse out of conference when they don't have the refs bailing them out constantly. Now they did get some help tonight as well but it wasn't enough. In conference, they would have gotten enough help that this would have come down to the wire instead of them getting embarrassed.
I think Henderson already said he's returning.

OSU has 2 highly rated QBs. One got hurt and the other was a freshman who received limited reps in practice. I think they'll be OK given more time.

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
The Missouri defense outplayed the OSU offense. But there were other factors to consider when analyzing this game. Missouri pretty much had their entire team intact, Cody Schrader ran like a demon the entire game and an I’ll advised late hit really hurt Ohio State.

I tip my hat to the Missouri players for staying and not opting out.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim

Madsol

Oct 6, 2021
This is OSU's Taquon Roberson game. Need to let the back up in the game
more and sooner. Franklin is noted for this, lets his starters feel good with stats.
Big difference is that Roberson was the backup and had been in the program for a couple years. OSU kid is a true freshman 3rd teamer. No coach gets their 3rd team QB meaningful in-game snaps.

Franklin and Yurcich's failure to have Roberson even remotely competent to come in against Iowa in 2021 (and seemingly unable to get him ready 2 weeks later against a bad Illinois team) might be that duo's biggest failure.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
It will be nice to not watch espn again until the wrestling championships.

I made the mistake of having their stupid show on all morning. I thought maybe they'd talk about our game - the one coming up on their network in a half hour. Instead we got 3 hours of SCum and Bama. Won't they have time on Monday to talk about the CFP games?