2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Season 11 Tape GIF by Bob's Burgers's Burgers
And you are an example of a jerk! Get a ******* life....

Reactions: winloseortie

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Indiana is two different teams: a home team and a road team. I guess most teams are that way. Look at the difference between our two games against North Carolina this season. It seems especially the case with Indiana, though. They are undefeated at home, but they also have multiple 20+ point losses on the road.

If Oklahoma wins at Indiana, then they must be a pretty good team. Iowa couldn't win there after all. So even though, on paper, Oklahoma looks like the better matchup, I'm torn.

Big day for the Big Ten. Iowa State pushed around Maryland in their game. How will Indiana and Iowa fair today against OU and West Virginia?
That was an impressive defensive performance by Oklahoma against "Home Indiana." The Hoosier only made three 3's. The Sooners did not double Holmes and leave shooters open on the perimeter. Sure, Holmes got hers, but Okie's defensive effort was good enough to win. They simply didn't score enough points.

What would the score have been on a neutral court? I think we have to be pleased with the outcome.

* Indiana was outrebounded by 9.

* Indiana's bench scored 1 point.

Indiana is a good team, and we should expect to face a good team in the Sweet Sixteen. However, I don't think they are somehow a bad matchup for us. We just need to bring the same intensity we brought to the North Carolina game from the jump.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Indiana
Here is some help on who the Hoosiers are

PDF STATS LINK

Roster

Schedule and results from this page you can go to individual games for box scores and team stats

They do not have dedicated subscription page to watch all their games on YouTube, THANK YOU ROBBIE ROBINSON. But you can find high lights there and Teri Moren gives a good presser

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
Agree with above poster in that we should aggressively guard the perimeter shooters against IU and not overload the box. IU is the top 3 pt shooting team in the nation, OK did an excellent job denying the three pt shot and almost pulled it off.

IU will have difficulty guarding against our offense, we are faster and more athletic. Just need to play our game.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
That was an impressive defensive performance by Oklahoma against "Home Indiana." The Hoosier only made three 3's. The Sooners did not double Holmes and leave shooters open on the perimeter. Sure, Holmes got hers, but Okie's defensive effort was good enough to win. They simply didn't score enough points.

What would the score have been on a neutral court? I think we have to be pleased with the outcome.

* Indiana was outrebounded by 9.

* Indiana's bench scored 1 point.

Indiana is a good team, and we should expect to face a good team in the Sweet Sixteen. However, I don't think they are somehow a bad matchup for us. We just need to bring the same intensity we brought to the North Carolina game from the jump.
Watching IU is a little like looking in a mirror. They do a lot things very well that we also do well. Probably along with UConn the best shooting team we will play. We just seem to do the things they do well a little bit better EXCEPT FREE THROWS!

We however have some things they don’t

* A Bench, they get some minutes from
1 -3 players but no points
* They don’t have a second post player or a plan B behind Holmes
* They don’t play D like we do. They are above average sorta.
* In conjunction with D. We have a collection of athletic freaks on this roster. Cardoso, Fulwiley, Raven, Watkins and even Bree.

USMC1974

Feb 28, 2024
I watched Vic for many years as the defensive guru of Gary Blair’s Texas A&M national championship team. Make no mistake… they won a natty largely on the toughness of his defense. He took the top job at Miss State and coached them to the final four. Never heard any bad things about him personally… ever.

Dude can coach and dude can recruit. Now he’s coaching at a school with unlimited financial resources. Up until now, we’ve had to contend with one other elite program in the SEC… LSU. Next year, make that two. Scheduling being what it is, this may affect LSU more than us, as they will probably play Texas more often than us in the regular season. Three truly elite programs in SEC WBB next year… buckle up!

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
Indiana
Here is some help on who the Hoosiers are

PDF STATS LINK

Roster

Schedule and results from this page you can go to individual games for box scores and team stats

They do not have dedicated subscription page to watch all their games on YouTube, THANK YOU ROBBIE ROBINSON. But you can find high lights there and Teri Moren gives a good presser

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Trying to comprehend our bench for our fans is damn near impossible. This is just shocking to me. Now obviously I have cherry picked.

Stats projected over 40 minutes, I am not talking about just scoring but across the board stats

Milayasia Fulwiley’s are pretty much the same as 1st Team All American Hannah Hidalgo.

Ashlynn Watkins are very very close to SEC POY Angel Reese.

Tessa Johnson’s pretty much equate to UNC starter Lexi Donarski. In fact they are better

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Trying to comprehend our bench for our fans is damn near impossible. This is just shocking to me. Now obviously I have cherry picked.

Stats projected over 40 minutes, I am not talking about just scoring but across the board stats

Milayasia Fulwiley’s are pretty much the same as 1st Team All American Hannah Hidalgo.

Ashlynn Watkins are very very close to SEC POY Angel Reese.

Tessa Johnson’s pretty much equate to UNC starter Lexi Donarski. In fact they are better
I heard a commentator earlier this season say that Watkins has "improved so much" since last season.

Uh, no. Ok, yes, she's improved. Just not "so much." She was really good last season as well. She had the best defensive rating on the team, better than Aliyah's. She had the best defensive win share per 40 minutes. In both of the two previous stats, she was 4th in the nation!

Her stats projected over 40 minutes: 18.5 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.9 blocks.

That's why I'll never get in any discussion about what strategy could have been employed to defend Iowa better last season. All we needed to do was give Watkins minutes that went to players who received minutes because they were 5th year seniors.

Dawn seems more willing to play young players so far this post-season. I believe both Fulwiley and Tessa played more minutes than Raven against UNCarolina. Will she be so willing in a tight game? Tough call, but that's why she gets paid the big bucks.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I heard a commentator earlier this season say that Watkins has "improved so much" since last season.

Uh, no. Ok, yes, she's improved. Just not "so much." She was really good last season as well. She had the best defensive rating on the team, better than Aliyah's. She had the best defensive win share per 40 minutes. In both of the two previous stats, she was 4th in the nation!

Her stats projected over 40 minutes: 18.5 points, 11.6 rebounds, 2.9 blocks.

That's why I'll never get in any discussion about what strategy could have been employed to defend Iowa better last season. All we needed to do was give Watkins minutes that went to players who received minutes because they were 5th year seniors.

Dawn seems more willing to play young players so far this post-season. I believe both Fulwiley and Tessa played more minutes than Raven against UNCarolina. Will she be so willing in a tight game? Tough call, but that's why she gets paid the big bucks.
I think at this point she will. They have earned her trust. This whole team has and she is now more willing, it seems, to play the hot hands and those playing the best. If Fulwiley is hot and not making mistakes, she goes in. If it is raven, she is in. I think if we need defense, then Raven and Fulwiley will be in together as they seem to be the best defensive guards we have. Tessa and Poapoa are good but not quite as tough on defense.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022

He goes on to say "Not sure this means anything, just thought it was interesting". It means everything. You can keep your players fresh. If a starter gets in foul trouble or is not having a good game or gets hurt, there's no drop off. We don't have a super star that the team is built around, however, we do have a team filled with elite players, starters and bench. Several of those players would be super stars on another team.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Ok what are y'alls thoughts on the other sweet 16 games?

I unfortunately think LSU will beat UCLA :/
Other winners ... Us of course, Oregon State, Stanford, Texas, Iowa, the other USC and I think Uconn/Duke is a toss up

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022

Other winners ... Us of course, Oregon State, Stanford, Texas, Iowa, the other USC and I think Uconn/Duke is a toss up
My elite 8 will be:
SC vs Oregon St
Texas vs Stanford
UCLA vs Iowa (article will come out and cause Mulkey to implode
UConn vs SoCal

Final 4:
SC vs Stanford
Iowa vs UConn

Champ:
SC vs UConn (Buekers outplays Clark to get here)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Dave Odom-esque hire
Kinda-sorta. I was thinking the same thing til I looked up Brooks’ record

Odom and Brooks both made their names with an off the radar center who became an All American. The years they had with Kitley and Duncan were their peak years.

Odom was a barely .500 before Duncan. He was below .500 when Wake hired him. Brooks averaged 26 wins for 11 years at James Madison before going to Va. Tech. In retrospect some P5 school should have snapped him up at least 5-7 years before Va. Tech did

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
May the Darrin Horn trait be dominant.
I was about to call it a Darrin Horn-esque hire. One year experience at a mid-major is not a lot to go on. Butler would have a couple of McDonald's All-Americans on the roster next year. Now, Clemson has to completely reset. Not sure if Chattanooga has any potential DI players he could bring with him. Might be a rough couple of initial years. I guess if the AD really believes he is the long term answer, then Clemson has to be patient with him.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
best of luck

Bless his heart

Poppie was an excellent player at Limestone, so the Gaffney recruiting is locked up.

Alas This move seems so typical of CU. They hired the exact opposite of Amanda Butler(both BB experience and personal life)in Poppie. Possible up and coming coach. Only two years head coaching experience. An inexpensive hire that was on nobody’s radar YET.

UTC has had a very good WBB program for 50 years. There is a culture deeply embedded there that knew how to support Poppie and that valued WBB.

Clemson WBB has been a 💩 show for 20 years. They don’t care about it and they are incompetent in supporting it.

He inherits 4 players as of now and MAYBE one of them would start at UTC. He needs to bring in 10 players from the portal or JUCO. He won’t be able to sign anyone good for the ‘25 cycle as he is to late to the game already.

Good luck Poppie.

USMC1974

Feb 28, 2024
I can't see how Kenny Brooks won't be a significant upgrade at UK.
Upgrade? Yes... but Kitley and Amoore aren't coming with him. He'll be hitting the portal hard, but finding players who are willing to be coached and who are not necessarily worried about their own stats (like our Gamecocks) is a whole other thing. I wish him luck... except against us.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Upgrade? Yes... but Kitley and Amoore aren't coming with him. He'll be hitting the portal hard, but finding players who are willing to be coached and who are not necessarily worried about their own stats (like our Gamecocks) is a whole other thing. I wish him luck... except against us.
To be fair, some improvement is virtually inevitable. I think he will restore some relevance up there.

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022

My elite 8 will be:
SC vs Oregon St
Texas vs Stanford
UCLA vs Iowa
UConn vs SoCal

Final 4:
SC vs Stanford
Iowa vs UConn

Champ:
SC vs UConn (Buekers outplays Clark to get here)
SC vs Oregon St
Texas vs Stanford
LSU
vs Iowa
UConn vs SoCal

Final 4:
SC vs Stanford
LSU vs USC

Champ:
SC vs USC

Last edited:
Reactions: CockyGirl

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
To get the most watched women's final of ALL-TIME...IOWA and Clark have to be in it. No other player can draw the crowds and eyeballs on TV.

Carolina vs IOWA would be imo the most watched women's final of all-time.
UCONN vs IOWA would have the same affect.

Without Clark and IOWA, the numbers will be down.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022