2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Duke pulls off the first big upset of the women's tournament, beating #2 seed Ohio State in Columbus.

Question is, is this good or bad? Is there anyone else in that bracket who can beat So. Cal?

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
LSU still throwing Elbows …and getting away with it -reviewed by refs & no foul 🤷‍♂️🙄

Henry322

Oct 29, 2013
Hail, Dawn Staley!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

btw, I saw some unc fan complaints about Dawn laying it on, but Feagin is pretty deep on our bench. She barely played in the first game.
Our BENCH outscored their team 51-48. Should Dawn have played the cheerleaders? What do you expect from the whine and cheese crowd?

PFUNK Cock

Joined Mar 28, 2004 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Del Rosario is one of those players I'm OK we missed on
No player development going on at LSU. Body by Binnetti would have squared her away. You must remember where her Role Models are doing on the team. They were all out doing advertising gigs all summer and came into the season out of shape as a team.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Watching Cardoso and Feagin in at the same time. Makes both better. I‘ve thought that Cardoso was better last year playing with Boston than she’s been this year.
Did they play together, though? I'm not saying you're wrong, but Dawn usually doesn't play them at the same time. I wasn't paying close enough attention. Since Cardoso has returned, coach seems determined to play Watkins at the 4, with Cardoso and Feagin alternating at the 5.

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I have a question for the experts. How good(or bad) is Oregon St. Haven't watched them play at all this year nor have I seen So. Cal. Are these two teams any cause for concern? I like our chances against every other team still in the field....

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
The Difference this weekend

Kim Mulkey yelling at the sky, threatening the press and The Washington Post as her team struggles and continues to be cheap shot faux bullies

Dawn Staley making necklaces with young children who are going through Cancer treatment. She visits both 16 seeded teams. Her team handles its opponents with gob smacking play and exhibiting good sportsmanship

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I wonder what the attendance will be today in South Bend for a 2pm game.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Who ya got? Indiana favored over Oklahoma.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Correct. And Clark was only 5 of 17 from the 3-point arc against us last year, but we kept sending defenders out to the logo to guard her, leaving the big girl wide open under the basket. Clark is a generational talent and is probably going to score her points no matter what - just don't let those other doofuses on the team get a bunch of easy buckets. If she wants to throw up 20 3-pointers from 10 feet behind the arc, let her.
They exploited our defensive strategy with that cutting, back-screening offense they ran. Lots of easy Iowa points resulted from our approach.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

Henry322

Oct 29, 2013
Did they play together, though? I'm not saying you're wrong, but Dawn usually doesn't play them at the same time. I wasn't paying close enough attention. Since Cardoso has returned, coach seems determined to play Watkins at the 4, with Cardoso and Feagin alternating at the 5.
Yes, they played several minutes together. Like you, I was surprised because I didn’t think I had ever seen them in at the same time.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Hail, Dawn Staley!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

She started Watkins and in the 1st 4 seconds of the game, she was at the foul line. Love it! If you think your best lineup includes AW, then play that lineup from the beginning. Man, did they ever set the tone. And Chloe still came in relatively early and played her usual minutes. It's more about a mentality of playing with a sense of urgency. Oh, and no Walker until the 4th, despite being up 30+ minutes for most of the game. SW got plenty of minutes in 4th. Again, it's just about mentality.

btw, I saw some unc fan complaints about Dawn laying it on, but Feagin is pretty deep on our bench. She barely played in the first game.
I noted that neither the North Carolina coach nor the two players who appeared at the post-game news conference complained at all about the margin of defeat. The coach did point out that they were playing with a short usable bench, but even she averred that the NCAA is no place for sentiment.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Portal news ... Just read where Ruby Whitehorn and Jersey Wolfenbarger were visiting LSU this weekend.

• Angry
Reactions: Evilchicken

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I speculated in my preview that UNCarolina might start the game win a big lineup. I wonder if Dawn was thinking the same thing, which is why she started Watkins. Instead, Banghard started with her small lineup. She did go big at the end of the 1st quarter and the roof absolutely caved in on the Tarheels. Bad decision, imo, to wait until Fulwiley is in the game to go big. The game became too fast for them. In the 3 minutes the player with the Hispanic last name played, the Heels were -15. However, she pointed the finger at Deja Kelly for not defending on the perimeter.

USCE6.JPG

It was Kelly's fault, but, to be fair, she was being asked to do a lot on the offensive end. Going small just meant she had to do even more on the defensive end.

Do you think Kelly comes back? She was clearly frustrated. I thought she was getting a little elbowy, pushy in the 2nd half. I was worried she might provoke one of our players. She just recently signed a NIL deal. Not sure if that is contingent on her staying at North Carolina. I would be surprised if she's drafted after this performance (she was already borderline), so an additional year in college is most likely for her.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I think I would rather pla

I think I would rather play Oklahoma.

Portal news ... Just read where Ruby Whitehorn and Jersey Wolfenbarger were visiting LSU this weekend.
I think Indiana is the better team and they have Holmes who is a traditional low post player. Better matchup for us I think. Cardoso can play her 1v1 and let everyone chase the perimeter.

OK is not as talented but they play 5 out which could present problems for Kamilla on D.

They both have a little spice. OK is in the conference next year and Ind. was our only defeat in 19-20. Of course if we play Indiana, we will have to listen to Carolyn Peck tell the Boston sob story endlessly. “Her close friend/teacher/mentor had just died blah blah blah and that’s why we lost.” NO we lost because Boston and Harris were in foul trouble all game and fouled out because of poor officiating.

As to recruiting…..
Whitehorn is clueless if she goes there, Williams and Johnson basically play her position, are better than her, already know the system, and are in the same class or younger.

Wolfenbarger has totally under performed for 2 years, doesn’t really seem to have a defined position post/wing/hybrid???? sat out this year and appears to not have her head on straight. Oh yes Mulkey is the perfect one to fix that.

If I’m Mulkey I’m promising Dembele the moon and the stars.
Never mind Dembele has committed to S. Florida

Last edited:

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
As to recruiting…..
Whitehorn is clueless if she goes there, Williams and Johnson basically play her position, are better than her, already know the system, and are in the same class or younger.

Wolfenbarger has totally under performed for 2 years, doesn’t really seem to have a defined position post/wing/hybrid???? sat out this year and appears to not have her head on straight. Oh yes Mulkey is the perfect one to fix that.

If I’m Mulkey I’m promising Dembele the moon and the stars.
It's funny because I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought Whitehorn sounds like the perfect Mulkey player but I agree about the depth issue.
Whereas with Wolfenberger it was stated that she had some personal issues that kept her away from basketball this season. Going to LSU seems like the worst way to come back from that. I also got the sense that she never liked being a traditional post player. She was a guard growing up and had her growth spurt really late so this is all new territory for her. I also worry about her position depth too. With Smith, Morrow, Del Rosario and potentially Reese where does she fit in.

Ironically some of the schools I can see her fitting in better at is Oklahoma and Indiana like schools, teams that play with great spacing. Similar to what she had at Arkansas but with much better coaching. No offense to Neighbors but his one sided approach to basketball is awful.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It's funny because I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought Whitehorn sounds like the perfect Mulkey player but I agree about the depth issue.
Whereas with Wolfenberger it was stated that she had some personal issues that kept her away from basketball this season. Going to LSU seems like the worst way to come back from that. I also got the sense that she never liked being a traditional post player. She was a guard growing up and had her growth spurt really late so this is all new territory for her. I also worry about her position depth too. With Smith, Morrow, Del Rosario and potentially Reese where does she fit in.

Ironically some of the schools I can see her fitting in better at is Oklahoma and Indiana like schools, teams that play with great spacing. Similar to what she had at Arkansas but with much better coaching. No offense to Neighbors but his one sided approach to basketball is awful.
Whitehorn went to the same HS as Rickea, I imagine Harper is pushing hard

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I would be surprised if Deja Kelly leaves UNC. Her brand seems to be connected to being a tar heel. She has a good hustle a few NIL deals and does a lot during off-season with basketball related events such as interviewing other players and such.

The one thing that gives me pause is that of my knowledge she doesn't have a deal with Jordan Brand which is shocking considering how much she reps UNC. All I know is if she wasn't considering transferring before, I'm sure Milaysia definitely might have pushed her in that direction yesterday. A Sarah Strong commitment could go a long way but I don't see it.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I would be surprised if Deja Kelly leaves UNC. Her brand seems to be connected to being a tar heel. She has a good hustle a few NIL deals and does a lot during off-season with basketball related events such as interviewing other players and such.

The one thing that gives me pause is that of my knowledge she doesn't have a deal with Jordan Brand which is shocking considering how much she reps UNC. All I know is if she wasn't considering transferring before, I'm sure Milaysia definitely might have pushed her in that direction yesterday. A Sarah Strong commitment could go a long way but I don't see it.
Good points. Utsby was non-committal when asked about next season. I'm not exactly sure how a Sarah Strong commitment would affect any current player's decision. I suppose it would help them decide to stay, but that's yet to be seen.