2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I love the stats, and even though we are only two games in..... let’s point out some clues

⬇️3pt shooting is still not good but Cooke and Beal seem to be on beam
⬇️Turnovers bit us in the butt again last night 20
⬆️Assists, even with 20 turnovers we had 20 assists last night. We seem to be a better passing team as a whole. Last season we had a negative assists to turnover ratio. I don’t see that happening this season
⬆️Scoring, last season we never broke 100 and we only scored 55 at home against Maryland. Last years team was the LOWEST SCORING AVERAGE OF ANY TEAM TO EVER WIN A WBB CHAMPIONSHIP!! We may jump 7-10 ppg. A huge leap.
⬆️⬆️Ft shooting. Last year we shot 67% and at times were dreadful. This year we are shooting 75% which is good. Great Ft shooting teams shoot 80%

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I believe you are correct. A good coaching call not to have your best player hurt at the end of a runaway game.
I think normally you would be correct, but with the Stanford game on the horizon, when Aliyah may have to play 35 minutes, Dawn kept her in the game late perhaps for conditioning purposes.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Where was this instinct when I was playing the lottery last week lol.
Did you win anything?

I can't understand why everybody plays when the jackpot is $2 Billion but not when it is a lowly $20 Million. Is $20 Million not worth having?

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Did you win anything?

I can't understand why everybody plays when the jackpot is $2 Billion but not when it is a lowly $20 Million. Is $20 Million not worth having?
No unfortunately, honestly I only played once when it first hit 1 billion and I kept forgetting to play again. The lottery isn't really my thing but the prospect of a billion dollars was enough to capture my interest.

Good point on the 20 million, even if you got the lump sum it's life changing money. I personally don't play when it's anything but the big numbers, because if I did play I would likely spend a small fortune playing multiple times every single week.

Reactions: Prestonyte

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Inner Kiki - are those pills or injections?
After the scrum with Md, a few of our players got some. 🙄

vacock

Jan 20, 2022
Did you see the commercial hyping our game with Stanford? A Stanford player and their coach were saying what a battle USC will have when we play them. I wonder what type of calls the refs will call during the game.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Did you see the commercial hyping our game with Stanford? A Stanford player and their coach were saying what a battle USC will have when we play them. I wonder what type of calls the refs will call during the game.
I hope they call it tight. Brink is foul prone and our depth is great

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
True confession
A little obsessed with LSU and their coach. Um I find them shall we say, “not on my Christmas list”.

LSU has scored 125 and 111 in their first 2
games. They will score 100 points in 7-9 more games of their OOC Schedule. The schedule is that weak. They will lead the country in every offensive category you can imagine on Jan 1.

We play them Sunday feb 12 here on SECN. This is going to be close to a sellout and the game will have a lot of juice. I hope we kick their *** by 25 and the band trolls them with Tiger Rag in the 4th quarter. This is somewhat political but take it how it’s meant. I hope the team and coaches gets new hoodies from UA that day that say Phree BG and DS offers the blonde cadaver one at the postgame handshake

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
True confession
A little obsessed with LSU and their coach. Um I find them shall we say, “not on my Christmas list”.

LSU has scored 125 and 111 in their first 2
games. They will score 100 points in 7-9 more games of their OOC Schedule. The schedule is that weak. They will lead the country in every offensive category you can imagine on Jan 1.

We play them Sunday feb 12 here on SECN. This is going to be close to a sellout and the game will have a lot of juice. I hope we kick their *** by 25 and the band trolls them with Tiger Rag in the 4th quarter. This is somewhat political but take it how it’s meant. I hope the team and coaches gets new hoodies from UA that day that say Phree BG and DS offers the blonde cadaver one at the postgame handshake
Would be more appropriate to just wear Gamecock gear.

Reactions: winloseortie

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Technically if she sat more than 5 minutes that’s most of the 4th quarter😊 I do however appreciate your eye to detail.
Boston appeared a little frustrated as she was being fouled a lot in the zone with no calls as MD tried to prevent entry passes.

vacock

Jan 20, 2022
Prosper is 6’ 2”. I think we need a taller player and a center.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Prosper is 6’ 2”. I think we need a taller player and a center.
She's a 3/4 and we're going to be overloaded in that position next season and that's not even considering if Beal/Amihere comes for another season. This was expected once Kitts signed. I doubt Dawn would have turned her away, but I bet she's releaved she doesn't have to find a way to make it work.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Angry Cardoso is my favorite. Her level of play went up after the scuffle. Also who had Cardoso getting the first tech this season on their bing card?

Referee has that wide eyed look of "whoa get me outta here. I'm not breaking this up.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamekem

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Couldn’t find the transfer thread but checked up on Eniya Russell and Saniya Rivers. Eniya was 3rd off the beach and scored 5 in limited minutes and Saniya barely played and scored 0. Wonder if she has an injury or is in the dog house 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Gamekem

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Couldn’t find the transfer thread but checked up on Eniya Russell and Saniya Rivers. Eniya was 3rd off the beach and scored 5 in limited minutes and Saniya barely played and scored 0. Wonder if she has an injury or is in the dog house 🤷‍♀️
I just checked Wesolek had a rough 1-5 shooting night for 4 points today. Whereas yesterday Littleton went 5 for 9 from three for 19 points and 6 assists both were team high.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
I hope they call it tight. Brink is foul prone and our depth is great
We will definitely be playing the “sixth man”. The last time we were there we had the “field goal” by Lexie and the push in the back, perhaps by her too. Both belong in the “bad call or no call” hall of fame and were both on offensive possessions near the basket. Brink is a terrifically dirty player. We’ll have our hands full playing them especially there with the officiating that you will see.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
We will definitely be playing the “sixth man”. The last time we were there we had the “field goal” by Lexie and the push in the back, perhaps by her too. Both belong in the “bad call or no call” hall of fame and were both on offensive possessions near the basket. Brink is a terrifically dirty player. We’ll have our hands full playing them especially there with the officiating that you will see.
I think you are referring to the game last year which was here at the CLA. The last time we played at Stanford was 2012.

The foul calls last year were 18 on Stanford and only 11 on us. The play was at times physical which was clearly to our advantage especially in the second half

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
I think you are referring to the game last year which was here at the CLA. The last time we played at Stanford was 2012.

The foul calls last year were 18 on Stanford and only 11 on us. The play was at times physical which was clearly to our advantage especially in the second half
I believe he’s referring to the 2021 final four tournament game.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Not much discussion about Zia's performance against Maryland, but consider this: we were +32 when she was in the game. We were -2 with Cooper in the game. Yikes!

Really any combination of Raven/Fletcher/Cooper/Hall didn't work without Zia on the floor. I'm not concerned long term; however, we play Stanford in less than a week. We might need Zia to play 35 minutes. Stanford is incredibly long and will be able to hold their own on the boards (I believe they are the only team that out-rebounded us last season). The good news is they may be even less athletic than the last season. But if our guards can't take advantage of that, then we have a problem. I expect to see a lot of Amihere in that game on the peremeter.

I'm totally overlooking Clemson. lol. I watched their game against Richmond yesterday. I don't see them having nearly enough offense to pull off an upset. Nevertheless, I hope the team is focused and not looking ahead. Anytime we have the opportunity to blow out Clemson in any sport, we need to do it.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Not much discussion about Zia's performance against Maryland, but consider this: we were +32 when she was in the game. We were -2 with Cooper in the game. Yikes!

Really any combination of Raven/Fletcher/Cooper/Hall didn't work without Zia on the floor. I'm not concerned long term; however, we play Stanford in less than a week. We might need Zia to play 35 minutes. Stanford is incredibly long and will be able to hold their own on the boards (I believe they are the only team that out-rebounded us last season). The good news is they may be even less athletic than the last season. But if our guards can't take advantage of that, then we have a problem. I expect to see a lot of Amihere in that game on the peremeter.

I'm totally overlooking Clemson. lol. I watched their game against Richmond yesterday. I don't see them having nearly enough offense to pull off an upset. Nevertheless, I hope the team is focused and not looking ahead. Anytime we have the opportunity to blow out Clemson in any sport, we need to do it.
Rotation will be tightened up quite a bit for Stanford. I doubt we see Cooper at all and very little Hall.

We should beat the taterettes by 30 but I expect a fairly competitive first half. I hate playing an Amanda Butler team. Always very fundamentally sound on D no matter the talent level, always very physical and continue to compete no matter the score. They muck it up and make it a rock fight. Win by 30 and go Ugh what an ugly game. I am intrigued to see their Fr. Whitehorn. She is a top 15 recruit and has played well. Their PG Perpignan sp? played at Elon last season and gave us fits at times

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I think we may see more of Hall than you think. She had a very good exhibition game but then was out with the flu. She was still likely getting her health/conditioning back in the Maryland game.

Garnet Breeze

Feb 2, 2022
Rivers has been one of the first off the bench all 3 games the Pack has played. Played 20/22 mins respectively the first two. Not sure why she didn’t play in the 2nd half yesterday. Her ten minutes played were all in one check in. I doubt she’s in Moore’s dog house but we’ll see how she’s utilized Wednesday when they play UNCC.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I wish we would get her but to me, reading the tea leaves, she is going to Stanford most likely. It will be a big result of NIL actually. She just signed with Nike and Stanford is a Nike school. We are Under Armor. I am not sure how that would work that she is with Nike and would have to wear Under Armor here. That is about to really muddy waters with NIL and players. I think NIL should be off limits to "brands" that schools use.

Latest posts