2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Can't spell turnover without UT.

The Vols are clearly the longer, more athletic team. Feel like they should be up by more, but they're too careless with the ball.
WOW. Is it too early in the season to call UT a fraud? Up by 8 at half and get beat by 20 in the second half
29 TURNOVERS!!!!!
Gave up 87 points!!! 54 points in the second half
30 IN A QUARTER!!

Props to OSU. I didn’t see this one coming

I called out Tamari Key when she was named preseason ALL SEC. Foul prone, is lost on D when she gets further than 6 feet from the basket, offense disappears when faced with someone her height. If she was on the gamecocks she would be our number 7 big

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
UT has OOC games left with Indiana, Stanford, Va Tech, UCONN, and 3 games in the battle for Atlantis.
They will either get better or be roadkill come conference play

Reactions: DarkCock

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
UT has OOC games left with Indiana, Stanford, Va Tech, UCONN, and 3 games in the battle for Atlantis.
They will either get better or be roadkill come conference play
I do think that Tenn will get better but if they dont learn how to share the ball they won’t make it far in the post season. Horston and Jackson are two players that I feel think they need to put the team on their backs and therefore don’t share the ball like they should.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I do think that Tenn will get better but if they dont learn how to share the ball they won’t make it far in the post season. Horston and Jackson are two players that I feel think they need to put the team on their backs and therefore don’t share the ball like they should.
Thanks! Did you go on the UT Board after the game? I imagine it was major meltdown.

UT got exposed in a painful manner.

Powell who was supposed to be the solution at PG had a good night scoring but a bad night running the O. 5 turnovers and they had no flow.
Horston, a senior guard, is STILL a turnover machine with 7. Three more and she would have had another dubious triple double. Key is tall and can block shots if she is within 6 feet of the basket but that’s it.

29 TURNOVERS 29!!!!! OSU took their foot off the gas or it would have been worse.

Reactions: Goody and DarkCock

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
Thanks! Did you go on the UT Board after the game? I imagine it was major meltdown.

Powell who was supposed to be the solution at PG had a good night scoring but a bad night running the O. 5 turnovers and they had no flow.
Horston, a senior guard, is STILL a turnover machine with 7. Three more and she would have had another dubious triple double. Key is tall and can block shots if she is within 6 feet of the basket but that’s it.

29 TURNOVERS 29!!!!! OSU took their foot off the gas or it would have been worse.
Yes I thoroughly enjoyed the meltdown! They thought all those transfers would be the answer to their prayers 🤣

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
That’s better! She’s such a talent!
No
I told my wife before the game start they were going to have an alpha problem and I didn’t see Horston or Jackson wanting to take a backseat!!

Reactions: cockyclt

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

Rough start to a make or break year for Harper. No, she won't get fired, unless the team totally collapses.

But...have you seen their projected roster next season?

This needs to be THE season for Harper. She can use the momentum to build next year's roster and beyond.

Vol fans are very knowledgeable and they understand at some point she has to build with 4 and 5 star high school recruits. LSU will be the 2nd best WBB program in the SEC sooner than later the way Mulkey is recruiting.

It will be an interesting team to follow this season. The talent is there. Can they put it together, though?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Rough start to a make or break year for Harper. No, she won't get fired, unless the team totally collapses.

But...have you seen their projected roster next season?

This needs to be THE season for Harper. She can use the momentum to build next year's roster and beyond.

Vol fans are very knowledgeable and they understand at some point she has to build with 4 and 5 star high school recruits. LSU will be the 2nd best WBB program in the SEC sooner than later the way Mulkey is recruiting.

It will be an interesting team to follow this season. The talent is there. Can they put it together, though?
Harper has failed in recruiting HS talent. Her class this year will be leftovers and projects. She HAS TO DOUBLE DOWN in the portal this coming off season. That means 4-5 players with at least 3 starters

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Harper has failed in recruiting HS talent. Her class this year will be leftovers and projects. She HAS TO DOUBLE DOWN in the portal this coming off season. That means 4-5 players with at least 3 starters
I've been guilty in seeing something in Harper's persona that makes me believe that she will be the coach to bring them back to top-tier status. And honestly, I like her, but clearly she will soon be weighed in the balances if she isn't being weighed already.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I've been guilty in seeing something in Harper's persona that makes me believe that she will be the coach to bring them back to top-tier status. And honestly, I like her, but clearly she will soon be weighed in the balances if she isn't being weighed already.
I like Harper as a coach... but they laid an egg last night. A big egg. They have 30 something games to learn and recover.... wiil they?

I think they can win 20 games sleep walking. She has a lot of talent on this team. Elite 8 or maybe even final 4 talent.

But their roster when I peek behind the talent is sorta the island of misfit toys. It is filled with transfers, 5 in total. They all left for greener pastures. Some left to move up competition wise, coaching change, and personal reasons. They have 3 international players. Horston is a dominant player but in my view not a leader and still a turnover waiting to happen. Key is very limited and over hyped. Jackson was a total mess last year and I am not sure where her head is this year. Powell is apparently not all that at this point. Franklin was expected to be a starter and is not.

That is a lot to mold together. They are a work in progress. I thought they had it together, they don’t today but maybe they will. What would worry me is culture. While they have won under Harper, the same problems seem to be happening over and over. AND There is a yawning talent void staring them in the face for next year

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I like Harper as a coach... but they laid an egg last night. A big egg. They have 30 something games to learn and recover.... wiil they?

I think they can win 20 games sleep walking. She has a lot of talent on this team. Elite 8 or maybe even final 4 talent.

But their roster when I peek behind the talent is sorta the island of misfit toys. It is filled with transfers, 5 in total. They all left for greener pastures. Some left to move up competition wise, coaching change, and personal reasons. They have 3 international players. Horston is a dominant player but in my view not a leader and still a turnover waiting to happen. Key is very limited and over hyped. Jackson was a total mess last year and I am not sure where her head is this year. Powell is apparently not all that at this point. Franklin was expected to be a starter and is not.

That is a lot to mold together. They are a work in progress. I thought they had it together, they don’t today but maybe they will. What would worry me is culture. While they have won under Harper, the same problems seem to be happening over and over. AND There is a yawning talent void staring them in the face for next year
There is only one ball and I see them having difficulty sharing it!

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
LSU is already prematurely claiming themselves as the #1 recruiting class with a few big names that that have yet to commit.

They also claimed their recruit Williams is the #1 recruit despite Juju currently having that title.

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
LSU is already prematurely claiming themselves as the #1 recruiting class with a few big names that that have yet to commit.

They also claimed their recruit Williams is the #1 recruit despite Juju currently having that title.

Yeah, Watkins would probably make Stanford or Carolina #1.

Right now we are 6th in the ESPN rankings, with 3 still to decide.

Orion

Jul 9, 2022
LSU is gonna be our biggest rival in conference for a while including Vic at Texas once they join. I have zero confidence in Tennessee being much of a threat at this point.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland preview

Maryland lost 5 of its top 7 players from last year. 2 to graduation, 3 in the portal, and two of those were All Americans.....YAWN

They brought in 5 players through the portal who combined averaged almost 72 ppg. And 2 of them will come off the bench. Meet the new team, Same as the old team. Tall, athletic, and fast paced.

Diamond Miller is their 6’3 returning post player who is excellent. In their 1x4 offense she plays the post who can score and who’s job it is to occupy the lane to set up their shooters. She is quick, has a face up jumper and goes to the basket with intent. She also left their opener with a leg injury and did not return. I have seen no update.

The other 4 starters space in the offense at the line. To either hit the open shot or drive an unclogged lane.
Lavender Briggs a former all SEC player

Abby Meyers honorable mention AA and Ivy League POY

Elisa Pinzan PG from USF averaged 10ppg and 5 assists. She is the only starter under 6’

Faith Masonius injured most of last season with torn ACL is an excellent shooter and had a nice game against us last year.

This will be a test for our D. Their intent is to make the game a battle of 1x1 encounters. Help on D and the ball goes to the open player. It starts with Boston/Cardoso vs Miller. Shut her down and it makes them limited.

Rebound missed shots on both ends and the game becomes MUCH easier.

We played them last year without Henny. They pressed us pretty successfully. Not so much in turnovers but in forcing us to start offense late in shot clock and far away from the basket. It also slowed the pace of the game

They have height all over the court BUT no one who can stop/control us down low in the post. Feed the beast early and often. Baskets and fouls will follow.

Will be a real test for our PGs. We should win, but will it be a nail biter, comfortable victory, or a statement.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
There's only one way you can possibly be wrong - but we don't want to go there.;)
Right now I feel like we are Tyson in his prime with his great quote, “Everybody has a plan....until I hit them.”

But A Buster Douglas is ALWAYS out there, somewhere, waiting. You just don’t want Buster to show up in the NCAA’s

Reactions: KingWard

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
This is not a good sign ... Cybthia Jordan just tweeted It's a great day to be a gator and then retweeted Milaysia's commitment time :/

Latest posts