2023-24 PSU Men's Ice Hockey Thread

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
Interesting stat. PSU still has the lead in playoff hockey between our two schools. Or so the broadcast team says.

Odd stat of this game. Penn State only had one shot on goal in the second period. That was after 9 in the first followed by 11 in the third. IIRC neither team had a shot on goal half way through the second period.

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
So far the opposite of yesterday. 2-2 tie, but it was the Gophers with 0 goals and only three shots on goal. Always need my heart meds when we play.

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
I have no idea how they overturned that PSU goal. Anyone? Home cooking’?
And why is playoff hockey so unpopular in Minnesota?

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
I have no idea how they overturned that PSU goal. Anyone? Home cooking’?
And why is playoff hockey so unpopular in Minnesota?
Spring break week.

My Gophers got lucky! The only thing I'd say is Penn State should have put the game away when it was 5-3 hockey. Penn State deserved to win.

• Angry
Reactions: BobPSU92

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
I see that the Sabres are heading to Munich and Prague for some preseason action this fall. Any chance Guy’s guys can hop the Pegula jet and tag along? Would be great for recruiting and get some preseason work in and perhaps build a tighter locker room. And it would be an absolute dynamite excuse to hit Bavaria for Oktoberfest.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I see that the Sabres are heading to Munich and Prague for some preseason action this fall. Any chance Guy’s guys can hop the Pegula jet and tag along? Would be great for recruiting and get some preseason work in and perhaps build a tighter locker room. And it would be an absolute dynamite excuse to hit Bavaria for Oktoberfest.
And who would pay for that trip? Pegula probably isn't in a charitable mood these days.

Reactions: nittanymoops

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
It does not reflect well on Gadowsky when a veteran goaltender transfers to a conference rival.
Good point. The hole I saw was on defense. Not sure if it was just that more experience was needed or the style of play was leaving the goalie on an island. Not a fan of pouching, but glad we got him.

While Gadowski has to prove he can take Penn State to the frozen four (I think that he can), I still think it is amazing how fast he brought Penn State to where the program is now.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Good point. The hole I saw was on defense. Not sure if it was just that more experience was needed or the style of play was leaving the goalie on an island. Not a fan of pouching, but glad we got him.

While Gadowski has to prove he can take Penn State to the frozen four (I think that he can), I still think it is amazing how fast he brought Penn State to where the program is now.

We’ve stagnated. While Gadowsky obviously started with nothing at PSU, he‘s been here a while now. I just don’t see him getting over the hump. Why now after all of these years?

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
We’ve stagnated. While Gadowsky obviously started with nothing at PSU, he‘s been here a while now. I just don’t see him getting over the hump. Why now after all of these years?
Understood. Some of our fanbase says the same about our coach Motzko. The problem is who can you get that is better?
With Pegula, it's probably easier for Penn State.

Reactions: BobPSU92