2023-24 Sixers Thread

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
The Harden and Harris contracts expire after the season. Who ever they get in a trade needs to come off the books unless it’s an absolute star (long shot, IMO).

If they trade Embiid for a young star, then that might work as a salary trade, but I also think that’s unlikely. A team acquiring Embiid is in win-now mode. You don’t get better by trading a young star.

So are assuming Philly can convince another alpha dog to sign up to be Joel’s wing man?

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
Yes. Embiid, Maxey and another scoring wing type is formidable. They have to go for that. Trading Embiid can’t be option A or B in the next year.

What’s the last high level free agent to sign with Philly?

I had to Google this one and the results are…….woof. When JJ Redick is your highest profile FA in recent history. That’s awfully tough.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
What’s the last high level free agent to sign with Philly?

I had to Google this one and the results are…….woof. When JJ Redick is your highest profile FA in recent history. That’s awfully tough.
Philly isn't L.A., Miami or New York. It definitely doesn't have cachet as a playing destination. You raise a good point.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I’m posting this here as I don’t want to (yet?) start a generic NBA thread or a standalone thread on the topic.

Jrue Holiday is one of my favorite players ever. Got so much respect for JH.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I really do not want to see a replay of the Simmons saga, with endless reports of possible trades.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Maybe I’m in the minority but I never liked these jerseys. My 17 year old son loves them so it’s probably just me…it’s always just me. I guess bring them back.
Not just you. I absolutely hated and still hate those unis. I have said in another uni thread related to the Eagles, I am so tired of teams incorporating black into uniforms for no good reason. Eagles colors are kelley green trimmed in white/silver. Sixers colors are red, white and blue, Stop with the forcing of black already! Rant over :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: LionJim

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
Not just you. I absolutely hated and still hate those unis. I have said in another uni thread related to the Eagles, I am so tired of teams incorporating black into uniforms for no good reason. Eagles colors are kelley green trimmed in white/silver. Sixers colors are red, white and blue, Stop with the forcing of black already! Rant over :ROFLMAO:

I miss a lot of things from the late 90s and early 2000s. But one thing I don’t miss are the atrocious uniforms from that era. I cringe every time I see a 20 something in a throwback Vince Carter Raptors jersey or a Tracy McGrady Rockets jersey. I’d sooner them bring back bell bottoms and platform shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: LionJim and K-Live

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Phils really stunk it up tonight. In case you wondered how it was possible they lost a close out game AT home after winning every game at home this season…here’s how:

yup, those were my seats. I was at the game. Last playoff game I attended, 2011 vs the Cardinals. The one where they lost and Ryan Howard tore his Achilles. My mush super power spans sports. I’m like the Bo Jackson of Mush!

BRING ON THE SIXERS!!

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Phils really stunk it up tonight. In case you wondered how it was possible they lost a close out game AT home after winning every game at home this season…here’s how:

yup, those were my seats. I was at the game. Last playoff game I attended, 2011 vs the Cardinals. The one where they lost and Ryan Howard tore his Achilles. My mush super power spans sports. I’m like the Bo Jackson of Mush!

BRING ON THE SIXERS!!

damn, you are the ultimate bad luck charm. Please avoid attending any Eagles games this season. ;)

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Kelly Oubre Jr with 27 off the bench. Sixers were up late but gave up a 16-0 run down the stretch; still had a chance to win it. I thought this would be a blowout so not too upset. No one outside of Lillard did much for the Bucks (Giannis w/23 tho). Tucker picked up where he left off from last season, 100 minutes and 0 points LOL. Is his defense really that impactful to justify 4 on 5 at the offensive end of the court? If he could have just scored a measly bucket, Sixers win that road game.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Talk about a game were the Refs control the out come of the game. NBA is joke so bad.

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021

Don't know which call was worse the one where Tucker took a charge but he was called for the foul but they changed it to no foul and the bucket counts, clearly a charge on the Greek Freak not even close. Either call is made correctly the Sixers win.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Harden has been traded to the Clippers. Details are fuzzy but the Sixers don’t seem to have gotten a starter for him.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
Harden has been traded to the Clippers. Details are fuzzy but the Sixers don’t seem to have gotten a starter for him.
No, not in this specific trade, but they got some MUCH needed trade picks that they could use to go get a starting guard this year if they wanted to. Maxi and Embiid play a lot faster together than Harden's 37 dribbles no where near the basket and realizing he has 3 to shoot nonsense.

This is a good trade and the team can focus on winning instead of another disgruntled, inconsistent star creating distractions.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Just like our 9-2, the sixres won’t pass round 2 this year. Unlike our 9-2, im cool with that. I’m excited to see maxey develop without harden.