2023 Bill Farrell Memorial tournament

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Jason Nolf, man what a great wrestler. I've had a number of 'favorites' over the years, but Jason might be my ultimate #1. I think Dake is The Man for this olympic cycle but Jason's time will come. Jason shoots, Dake counters... Dake might be the best pfp wrestler in the world ( I dunno, I don't check those rankings) but Jason has a tough hill to climb, and until, Dake moves on (and takes over coaching at some middle of the pack B1G school (or Oklahoma Sate/ Iowa State; don't know how to use sarcastic emojis on this device). Jason is so offensive-minded and Dake is the ultimate 'do just enough to win guy' that Jason's chance (imo) will come in '24. Meanwhile I'll root for our guy regardless.
As far as Nico, I wondered if Nico was 'still in the room' @ NLWC, and I don't believe he is, so if he's training somewhere else, his chances to beat Spencer were lessened. Not saying that if Nico was training @ NLWC he would have beaten Lee, but his chances would have certainly improved. Nico, a Great representative for PSU and my heart was with him after the bout ended.
This is the beginning of the best time of the year! Go Lions!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
As far as Nico, I wondered if Nico was 'still in the room' @ NLWC, and I don't believe he is, so if he's training somewhere else, his chances to beat Spencer were lessened. Not saying that if Nico was training @ NLWC he would have beaten Lee, but his chances would have certainly improved. Nico, a Great representative for PSU and my heart was with him after the bout ended.

He's from the Pittsburgh area, and that's where he works. He had indicated some time ago (before his injuries, I believe) that he was working with the Pittsburgh RTC, and he's listed as one of their athletes on their web site.

I'm sure he knows that it would be to his benefit to train with the NLWC. But I can't fault a person for joining a RTC that's closer to where they live and work.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Jason Nolf, man what a great wrestler. I've had a number of 'favorites' over the years, but Jason might be my ultimate #1. I think Dake is The Man for this olympic cycle but Jason's time will come. Jason shoots, Dake counters... Dake might be the best pfp wrestler in the world ( I dunno, I don't check those rankings) but Jason has a tough hill to climb, and until, Dake moves on (and takes over coaching at some middle of the pack B1G school (or Oklahoma Sate/ Iowa State; don't know how to use sarcastic emojis on this device). Jason is so offensive-minded and Dake is the ultimate 'do just enough to win guy' that Jason's chance (imo) will come in '24. Meanwhile I'll root for our guy regardless.
I agree. If Nico was training at NLWC he beats Lee or it’s darn close. He should be training with Gillman and others.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
He's from the Pittsburgh area, and that's where he works. He had indicated some time ago (before his injuries, I believe) that he was working with the Pittsburgh RTC, and he's listed as one of their athletes on their web site.

I'm sure he knows that it would be to his benefit to train with the NLWC. But I can't fault a person for joining a RTC that's closer to where they live and work.

Slush fund wasn’t as deep as some thought.

Latest posts