Oct 27, 2021
One of my all time favorite Eagles

One of mine as well. Very sad news.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm not sure I would have ranked them as ROOB did, but in his defense, it's not an easy task to rank them.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
More here:

Can he play football?
We’ll find out. I can see them drawing up plays in the dirt. “Hey, Devon. Just go deep.”

Reactions: BobPSU92

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
IDK about Trot as I wonder where Wes Hopkins is....30 ints??? but only 1 pro bowl, as I think everybody else on those D's was making the pro bowl....

I wish he had broken the D into positions. Lumping them all together, and picking the top 10, does make ranking them even more of a challenge. I was also surprised that Hopkins wasn't on the list. Before his injury, he was all-world, and he wasn't too bad after he returned, even if they switched defenses during that interval.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@WestSideLion @s1uggo72 (and others): I suspect (hope) the Birds will have enough on the DL so that Davis doesn't need to be a huge factor for them to succeed. That said, I do think an improvement (and staying healthy) from him over last season would be quite helpful. It would enable Fletcher to not play as many snaps, allow Carter to ease into his rookie season, and help the Birds overcome the loss of Hargrave.

Last edited:

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
@WestSideLion @s1uggo72 (and others): I suspect (hope) the Birds will have enough on the DL so that Davis doesn't need to be a huge factor for them to succeed. That said, I do think an improvement (and staying healthy) from him over last season would be quite helpful. It would enable Fletcher to not play as many snaps, allow Carter to ease into his rookie season, and help the Birds overcome the loss of Hargrave.

Their 2023 plan depends on Davis becoming a key piece at DT. Longer term, it’s critical as Cox will almost certainly move on after this season.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew