2023 Eagles Thread

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021

I will admit I was skeptical when the drafted a rugby player but this has worked out great. He has become a very good tackle, seems to also be a great team player and better person(from what we can observe as fans with what they share to the public). Glad they made the investment to keep him here.

Reactions: nittanyfan333

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I will admit I was skeptical when the drafted a rugby player but this has worked out great. He has become a very good tackle, seems to also be a great team player and better person(from what we can observe as fans with what they share to the public). Glad they made the investment to keep him here.
I was too, glad for everyone it worked out.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
That's a smart bit of business there. They have the best left side OL in football locked up long term. The going rate for Mailata was only going to rise in the coming years. Now they need to resolve Center long term and then figure out the right side of the OL a couple of years down the road when Lane retires.
do you think Lane will miss being around Kelce and just decide to retire after next year?

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
do you think Lane will miss being around Kelce and just decide to retire after next year?
I have no idea what Lane is thinking. There are three factors that come to mind:
  • Lane takes great care of his body. His fast recovery from injuries proves that. It's likely that his body won't cause him to retire soon.
  • If the team reestablishes itself as a contender in 2024 - talent on the roster gives them a chance - then it's likely Lane will enjoy continuing to play and may retire farther out.
  • The Eagles aren't shy about paying Lane top, top dollar. It's hard to turn down that money if the first two points hold up.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm not counting on Brown for much this season. Some fans seem to be high on him. While the Birds' problems on D at the end of the season were multi-layered, Brown seemed to me to be slow in coverage.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I'm not counting on Brown for much this season. Some fans seem to be high on him. While the Birds' problems on D at the end of the season were multi-layered, Brown seemed to me to be slow in coverage.

I agree. He was a step slow (doubly bad when paired with Blankenship) and played undisciplined when out there. That’s a bad combo for a safety.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Now that you mention it, I had a kelly green Stoutland U hoodie and T-Shirt. Guess its all about marketing to the masses and bringing in revenue.

the kelly green jerseys they brought out last fall sold out almost instantly. For many fans, it's the uniform that they saw the Birds in when they started rooting for them, so it brings back fond memories.

I'm sure the Birds don't mind the revenue from the sales. I still blame Lurie for replacing the kelly green uniforms, though at least he finally brought them back as an alternative.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Great read.
Yesterday’s mock draft on NFL radio had the Eagles taking the big WR from LSU. I like that. Put Smith in the slot where he belongs, two big guys outside. It seems to me we’ve done better in later rounds for OL than first, other than LJ our first rd haven’t worked out

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Yesterday’s mock draft on NFL radio had the Eagles taking the big WR from LSU. I like that. Put Smith in the slot where he belongs, two big guys outside. It seems to me we’ve done better in later rounds for OL than first, other than LJ our first rd haven’t worked out
Isn’t the big WR from LSU a top 10 pick? I can’t see the Eagles extending Smith and drafting a WR in round 1.

I see a Rat who can play RG until Lane retires. A dark horse might be the GA TE if he falls.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Isn’t the big WR from LSU a top 10 pick? I can’t see the Eagles extending Smith and drafting a WR in round 1.

I see a Rat who can play RG until Lane retires. A dark horse might be the GA TE if he falls.
Idk know about top 10. They did a mock draft he was still available you have the QBs then the OT and ‘edge’ guys then there is 2-3 rec before him so we’ll see
I would hate Bowers ( the Ga TE) in the first. Too little saw a pic of him next to Gronk. He’s a midget

Latest posts