2023 Eagles Thread

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
if Tyler Skeen is out staring RG this season, I think we are in trouble. Just IMO
Maybe but I trust Coach Stout and another year for him at Stoutland University. Mixed results last year. If Stout says he is the guy so be it we trust him. If the Eagles pick up a OG somewhere via draft or signing then that would signal to me Steen isn't ready or they don't have confidence in him.

Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe but I trust Coach Stout and another year for him at Stoutland University. Mixed results last year. If Stout says he is the guy so be it we trust him. If the Eagles pick up a OG somewhere via draft or signing then that would signal to me Steen isn't ready or they don't have confidence in him.
What if Stout doesn’t get the say?? Howie tells him to play the second rd pick?? ( Skeens)

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
What if Stout doesn’t get the say?? Howie tells him to play the second rd pick?? ( Skeens)
Somehow I don't think Howie is going to pretend to know more than the best OLine coach in football (at least I hope so). Howie has a big ego but not that big. The last thing they are going to do is pizz off Stout and overrule him. They don't pay him that kinda money to have him sit in a corner and do what he is told with no say.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Somehow I don't think Howie is going to pretend to know more than the best OLine coach in football (at least I hope so). Howie has a big ego but not that big. The last thing they are going to do is pizz off Stout and overrule him. They don't pay him that kinda money to have him sit in a corner and do what he is told with no say.
One would hope but I think you could be wrong. Look back at when Wiz played there. He’s starting, next thing you know he’s on the bench. Howie put him there, he wanted the draft choice to play, not Wiz. Iirc Ike got hurt and Wiz went back in, won a SB.
Howie does more than you think including hiring assistant coaches.
go back a read Wiz’s comments. He basically says Howie wanted the draft choice.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

This I think is telling…..
. Steen only played three more offensive snaps the rest of the season

I hope I am wrong. Otoh I still think it was wrong to let both Driscoll n Sue leave. That was just Howie clearing a path for draft choice. But we will see

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
hmm, 1 pick to go before the Birds make their selection, and so far, no CBs have been taken. Quinyon Mitchell and Terrion Arnold are still available. Do the Birds go CB, or do they draft OL?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
ESPN's quick take on the pick:

Why they picked him: The secondary struggled badly in 2023, finishing 31st in both passing yards and passing touchdowns allowed. With Darius Slay (33) and James Bradberry (30) deep into their careers, the Eagles need a youth and speed infusion at the position. Mitchell ran a 4.33-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine and earned All-American honors this past season after leading the team with 18 pass breakups.

Biggest question: The level of competition is the only question mark. With Mitchell playing in the MAC, there is less tape against the best of the best on the collegiate level. But Mitchell performed well at the Senior Bowl and has the traits that should translate well to the pro level. If all goes well, he could compete for a starting job immediately. -- Tim McManus

This came from:

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
NO WAY I thought this kid would still be here. Love it. Now 2 picks today to go LB/DE (best value) and OL. Zangaro posted this mid-1st and he was spot on

Last edited:
Reactions: WestSideLion

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Back to the AJ Brown extension:

think about this - we have a 25 and 26 year old STUD WR duo locked up through their primes. Never did I think this would happen through the lean WR years…. Thrash, Pinkston, JJAW, Reaghor…..

Howie has evolved so much

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
So what do we think? Did the Birds get the best CB?
I heard an interview w him on nfl radio. Pat kerwin(sp?) why he didn’t transfer to a bigger school once everyone thought he could play. I liked his answer which was along the long lines of’ go home w the one that brought you or be loyal’. He sounded good on the interview

Reactions: Whart and CyphaPSU

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I heard an interview w him on nfl radio. Pat kerwin(sp?) why he didn’t transfer to a bigger school once everyone thought he could play. I liked his answer which was along the long lines of’ go home w the one that brought you or be loyal’. He sounded good on the interview
The talking heads gave him a lot of "character points" for this. He seems like a hard worker with a level head. The athletic traits are there too. I hope it all transfers to the NFL game.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
The talking heads gave him a lot of "character points" for this. He seems like a hard worker with a level head. The athletic traits are there too. I hope it all transfers to the NFL game.
I believe that I heard that this player had 1-2 flags his last 2 years in total. If true….thats impressive considering his style of play.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Latest posts