2023 PSU Women's Gymnastics thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread for all discussions about PSU WGYM, including meets, opens, and Nationals, and any other news about the women's gymnastics team, alumni, or recruits.

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
all the best janitors left White Building so the practice gymnastics mats just aren't the same

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
@fairgambit -- how unfortunate. The girls want to see you again, and are coming to your fine city, but it's also a holiday for you.

Yes. Orthodox Christmas Eve. I've mentioned before, my Dad was Byzantine Catholic and my Mom was Orthodox. We celebrated with my Dad's family on Dec. 24/25 and then with my Mom's on Jan 6/7. It was a magical time for me. Lots of great food, twice the presents, and love all around. The Gambits officially celebrate on Dec 25th, but we do treat today and tomorrow as a special time, and the memories of those happy childhood days are with me tonight.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Evan Ceg

Nov 1, 2021

And they finished second to Pitt, dammit. Penn State needs to start consistently hitting a team score of 196 or better if it wants to become nationally relevant again. The top teams score in the 197s.

It was the first meet of the season, so some nerves and mistakes are expected, but this team has the talent to be Top 15 if they stay healthy and improve throughout the season. It's time for Sarah Brown to have a breakthrough season.