2023 PSU WVB Thread

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
The Caroline Jurevicius news is interesting for a number of reasons.

If you read the comments on her Insta announcement post, her sister commented that this was "quite a plot twist". That tells me she was set to go elsewhere and made a sudden and unexpected decision to come to Penn State.

When she committed to Nebraska, her father moved the entire family to Lincoln, even though he owns a business in Cleveland. I wonder if he will now move the family to State College.

When Joe left Penn State, it was not on the best of terms. He resented JoePa suspending him from a bowl game, as he felt it diminished his NFL draft status. During an NFL playoff game, he was introduced as an alum of his high school instead of Penn State. It seems now that maybe the old wounds have healed.

Last edited:

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
This is excellent news.

Caroline Jurevicius is the son of PSU great Joe Jurevicius. PSU was on her short list coming out of HS, but she verballed to Nebraska, and redshirted there the past season.

She entered the portal @ a week ago, but no news (that I've seen) has broken out as to which team(s) she was considering.

She's a Right Outside, which PSU has a need for. And because she redshirted this past season, she has 4 years of eligibility left.

It's almost poetic justice. While at PSU, Joe Jurevicius was a frequent attender of PSU WVB matches, as he dated Terry Z for some time. In fact, when he would have an off game, there would be speculation on the board that their relationship was having issues, and that was causing him to lose focus during games.

Welcome Caroline -- a great addition to PSU WVB!
Son?

• Haha
Reactions: scocha409

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

I believe Joe had a son that was born premature and died very young. If I recall correctly, he got a tattoo with his son's initials. After that, I believe he had two daughters. The older one played VB at ?? (I've seen it, but forget the details), and the younger one has now transferred to PSU.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The Caroline Jurevicius news is interesting for a number of reasons.

If you read the comments on her Insta announcement post, her sister commented that this was "quite a plot twist". That tells me she was set to go elsewhere and made a sudden and unexpected decision to come to Penn State.

When she committed to Nebraska, her father moved the entire family to Lincoln, even though he owns a business in Cleveland. I wonder if he will now move the family to State College.

When Joe left Penn State, it was not on the best of terms. He resented JoePa suspending him from a bowl game, as he felt it diminished his NFL draft status. During an NFL playoff game, he was introduced as an alum of his high school instead of Penn State. It seems now that maybe the old wounds have healed.

There are usually multiple sides to any situation. JoePa really got after Joe J. during his PSU career. Joe J. repeatedly would blow off classes, and underperform. Either at the start of his junior or his senior year, JoePa read Joe J. the riot act. They agreed (more like JoePa dictated, and Joe J. acknowledged that he understood) that if Joe J. missed a class, he would miss a game. If he subsequently missed another class, he would miss two games, etc. Joe J. missed a game, and was benched during the regular season.

For the Citrus Bowl, JoePa got tired of Joe J.'s repeated missing of classes, and underperformance in the classroom, and suspended him. I haven't met many athletes that are happy to be suspended. With time, most realize that the actions taken were in their best interests.

I haven't a clue what Joe J. currently feels about how JoePa handled him, or how he acted as a student.

Caroline visited PSU on Thursday (12/21) and verballed not long after meeting with the WVB coaches. It's doubtful to me that this would have occurred if Joe J. still had lingering issues with how he was treated by JoePa.

Last edited:

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
I believe Joe had a son that was born premature and died very young. If I recall correctly, he got a tattoo with his son's initials. After that, I believe he had two daughters. The older one played VB at ?? (I've seen it, but forget the details), and the younger one has now transferred to PSU.
I was noting that in your original post you called Caroline "his son".... We all make mistakes but that one was funny.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021

Maggie Mendelson?

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
unfortunate that the schedule isn't flipped, and PSU is at home on the 14th, as many alums and fans would enjoy taking in a scrimmage as part of the Blue-White weekend.

Latest posts