2023 Recruiting thread

ChiTownLionPSU

Oct 22, 2021
Nice to read Barnwell's reviews of Coach Scott & Diaz:

“It was truly an honor getting to spend a good chunk of the day with Coach Scott,” he said. “I had previously met Coach Diaz, so it was good to meet more of the defensive staff this time. Coach Scott really clicked with me and my family and I think he’s a great coach. He showed us some different clips from this past season and how they do things defensively.

“Coach Diaz also pulled up a few of his defensive line schemes and showed how they’re similar to what Penn State has done in the past. That was all great to see and learn about. I can’t wait to get back up for spring ball and watch Coach Scott and the D-line work up close. All of my visits have been for tight end over the years. Getting to see the other side was good.”

In regards to Diaz, Barnwell went on to add, “I think he’s a great person. He seems like a very bright guy. I also noticed that he’s always smiling and joking. He was playing with my little sister. She’s only six, so that meant a lot to me and my family. Everyone up there is like that, so Coach Manny fits it perfectly.”