2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
If I remember correctly Cambridge and Fuliwiley were on the same all-star team a few weeks ago. Their playing time was staggered. The coach was the freshman guard from LSU. Doesn't take much coaching experience to realize they both are potentially explosive scorers with the ball in their hands.

But who knows? Perhaps Cambridge enjoyed playing with Fuliwiley and she'll come here, even if it means handling the ball less.

I definitely think there will be a lot of emphasis on Fuliwiley learning to play off the ball. I assume Steph Curry is a player she models her game on and he's excellent off the ball.

They were a great tandem together with handles, passing and shooting abilities. It was almost unfair they were on the same team.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Not just impressive because she's a rookie, but also because she's surrounded by mostly mediocre offensive players. She's only going to get more efficient as the Fever amass more talent around her.

I've had a few debates about the comparison between Aliyah and Caitlin Clark on the internet. I always point out that Aliyah will be the superior player at the next level. Clark will be awesome on offense, though 30 year pros will get physical with her, but she won't be able to hide on defense in the WNBA.

I used to believe there was a racial component to the media's love affair with Clark, but Breanna Stewart is arguably the best basketball player in the world (along with A'ja of course) and she doesn't get near as much love as Clark. So I don't know.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Not just impressive because she's a rookie, but also because she's surrounded by mostly mediocre offensive players. She's only going to get more efficient as the Fever amass more talent around her.

I've had a few debates about the comparison between Aliyah and Caitlin Clark on the internet. I always point out that Aliyah will be the superior player at the next level. Clark will be awesome on offense, though 30 year pros will get physical with her, but she won't be able to hide on defense in the WNBA.

I used to believe there was a racial component to the media's love affair with Clark, but Breanna Stewart is arguably the best basketball player in the world (along with A'ja of course) and she doesn't get near as much love as Clark. So I don't know.

At least 4 out of that 5 will be Hall of Famers. So Boston being in that company is a great sign.

Stewie has been pushed pretty heavily in both college and in the WNBA and rightfully so. But she has two things working against her. She doesn't have "the right look"(that the media prefers) and she has no personality. Which is why a Sabrina Ionescu, who also lack a personality but has a "more preferable look" has been pushed more than most despite not doing much of anything career wise for that attention.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
At least 4 out of that 5 will be Hall of Famers. So Boston being in that company is a great sign.

Stewie has been pushed pretty heavily in both college and in the WNBA and rightfully so. But she has two things working against her. She doesn't have "the right look"(that the media prefers) and she has no personality. Which is why a Sabrina Ionescu, who also lack a personality but has a "more preferable look" has been pushed more than most despite not doing much of anything career wise for that attention.
Good points. I dare say Kelsey Plum is more successfully marketed than Stewart for the same reason as well.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
With very little insider knowledge I feel confident Edwards winds up here. After that🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

we will sign at least 2 maybe 3 more. It has the possibility to be our best class ever
Observing the Edwards family social media, they are definitely into attending Joyce's games, and that includes soccer and volleyball in addition to basketball.

I could see Edwards going to a place like Duke, but I would be shocked if she went much further from home than that. So, yeah, I think we are in a good shape with her.

I also think our program is a good mesh for her personality. She's much closer to Aliyah Boston in demeanor than she is to someone like Angel Reese.

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
Observing the Edwards family social media, they are definitely into attending Joyce's games, and that includes soccer and volleyball in addition to basketball.

I could see Edwards going to a place like Duke, but I would be shocked if she went much further from home than that. So, yeah, I think we are in a good shape with her.

I also think our program is a good mesh for her personality. She's much closer to Aliyah Boston in demeanor than she is to someone like Angel Reese.
💯

Reactions: Goody and DarkCock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
😏Soooo……. How much will the Cavinder twins be worth in 5 years🤣🤣? Very snarky question, so have fun with your response

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
Bro sarah strong is my favorite player in this recruiting class. Her game is so nice, she 6’2 that can play point forward and can shoot.
Just following her on twitter she like LSU AND UCON if I had to predict it might be LSU😞

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Aliyah Boston was #3 in her class from Gurlz Hoops 100. Kate Koval is now ranked #3 in her class from Gurlz Hoops 60 (soon to be 100). Very interesting. Hope that's a sign from the basketball heavens.
Well dang it...Koval just dropped 2 spots in the latest ESPN Gurlz Hoops 100 which was just released...

Reactions: Sis_aac9

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Rest is overrated. LSU played 6 players, basically. The Denver Nuggets have been playing 6 players in the playoff (and their games are longer and faster paced).

If we had played Zia, Aliyah, Beal, Raven and Cardoso in our starting lineup with Amihere and Breezy coming off the bench, we would have won. Water under the bridge at this point.

I'm not going to tell Dawn to let it go because she might be using it as motivation for next year. Remember how she complained about the balls the last time we lost to UCONN? Huskies fans called it "sour grapes", but they haven't beaten us since.
I'm glad you at least see the convenience (I'd come a little short of saying "speciousness") of this complaint, especially coming from us. Anyhow, we'll see what results from it.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Reactions: SCcocks4ever

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Why she not taking any visit to SC? Aliyah just went first overall!
Also worth noting, the staff is very tight lipped about who comes and visits. We only find out if the recruit wants other to know or if someone randomly spots them.

For example no one knew Sakima Walker was even on our radar until Chloe Kitts shared a story of Walker's visit.

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
Also worth noting, the staff is very tight lipped about who comes and visits. We only find out if the recruit wants other to know or if someone randomly spots them.

For example no one knew Sakima Walker was even on our radar until Chloe Kitts shared a story of Walker's visit.
On3 need to do better following college women’s basketball recruiting just like men’s basketball and football.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It’s a pretty good look at our portal players. It is however typical of how people not really familiar with the program think about us. The portal is now the eye Candy that everyone’s focus is drawn to.

Paopao and Walker are pieces that are valuable but there is so much talent on the roster. It’s been there learning and waiting its turn. We won’t lack for scorers, rebounders or defenders. What we don’t know yet, is who are the leaders, the go to scorers, the glue players.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Looks like player start back on monday from what I can glean from social media. Breezy Hall and Malaysia Fulwiley have been in Miami the past few days at some sort of mini camp. Tessa Johnson has been saying some good byes to friends and such on instagram and she may already be in town.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Should I be nervous that Edwards is reading a book? I mean....USC is my alma mater, and I love to read. lol

Seriously, though, what other schools are in the running? I assume places like Stanford or Duke, based on the vibe I get from her. But I really have no idea.

I'm glad she is going be on the U19 USA team with Chloe Kitts. Chloe is very personable. Along with Raven, she's one of our more eager recruiters.

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
It’s a pretty good look at our portal players. It is however typical of how people not really familiar with the program think about us. The portal is now the eye Candy that everyone’s focus is drawn to.

Paopao and Walker are pieces that are valuable but there is so much talent on the roster. It’s been there learning and waiting its turn. We won’t lack for scorers, rebounders or defenders. What we don’t know yet, is who are the leaders, the go to scorers, the glue players.
IMO Raven Johnson will be the leader of this team and maybe Bree hall.

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
Should I be nervous that Edwards is reading a book? I mean....USC is my alma mater, and I love to read. lol

Seriously, though, what other schools are in the running? I assume places like Stanford or Duke, based on the vibe I get from her. But I really have no idea.

I'm glad she is going be on the U19 USA team with Chloe Kitts. Chloe is very personable. Along with Raven, she's one of our more eager recruiters.

Oh you just made me more nervous and her GPA is 5.04. Hopefully she wants to stay closer to home her mom loves SC if you follow her on Twitter.

Latest posts