2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
great and thanks for that info - ready and interested to hear/see how they are acclimating to the program prior to the fall practice season. excited about all but I'm sure most will be interested primarily about one in particu
great and thanks for that info - ready and interested to hear/see how they are acclimating to the program prior to the fall practice season. excited about all but I'm sure most will be interested primarily about one in particular
I think the new girls will report to campus next week June 2, All of the fall sports athletes will report next week and the full football team is expected to start team workouts Monday. That being said, I am sure that will be the entry point for the gamecockwbb freshman also.,

SCcocks4ever

Jan 25, 2022

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
I did not realize that Dawn was concerned about the way our games were scheduled in the NCAA tournament. She has a point in my opinion.

I was wondering why we and va. tech were playing on short rest with them being the 1 & 2 seeds! The only thing left to say is WOW!!!

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
I was wondering why we and va. tech were playing on short rest with them being the 1 & 2 seeds! The only thing left to say is WOW!!!
I remember thinking of it at the time. Television rules all I guess but any “scheduling” should accrue to the #1 team. I guess I was so confident that I didn’t dwell on it.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I did not realize that Dawn was concerned about the way our games were scheduled in the NCAA tournament. She has a point in my opinion.

This will happen the weekend after this upcoming one in the baseball super regionals. Some supers will be Fri-Sun, others Sat-Mon. I imagine that the winners of Sat-Mon will open the CWS on day 2. But at some point, the day 1 winners will have an "extra rest day" above the day 2 winners.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Yes but Dawn is right. All the perks should have gone to the #1 seed. Oh well can't change it now but she has a point.
DS does have a point. The tournament can be set up quite easily so that nobody has a day in prep advantage. Half of the bracket plays Friday/Sunday the other half Saturday/Monday. Why hasn’t it been set up this way?

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Basically how the postseason worked out there was basically no benefit from being the #1 overall seed. From the bracket, to the scheduling and even the fans who went to the FF had to make due with the leftover seats because other teams punched their tickets a day in advance. Besides bragging rights, what is the point of the #1 overall seeding.

Reactions: CockyGirl

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
For a couple of reasons, I wish she were enunciating this as the coach of the reigning national champions.

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
For a couple of reasons, I wish she were enunciating this as the coach of the reigning national champions.
I wish she was not enunciating it at all. To everyone but a South Carolina fan, it sounds like sour grapes. Make your point to the powers at be, but there was no reason to go public with it. Did we get less rest and prep time plus travel a long way? Yes? Did we know it at the time? Yes. Did it affect the outcome? No one can say. Should it be corrected? Yes. Just the appearance of a competitive advantage or disadvantage in the final four should not happen.

Reactions: winloseortie

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I wish she was not enunciating it at all. To everyone but a South Carolina fan, it sounds like sour grapes. Make your point to the powers at be, but there was no reason to go public with it. Did we get less rest and prep time plus travel a long way? Yes? Did we know it at the time? Yes. Did it affect the outcome? No one can say. Should it be corrected? Yes. Just the appearance of a competitive advantage or disadvantage in the final four should not happen.
Brings up bad memories of the infamous Iowa post game press conference. She has good points regarding treatment of the #1 seed, but bad decision to go public at this point.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Sorry, but I don’t know any other sports that #’s 1 & 2 seeds would lose advantage including any extra rest time. Which both of them still could have still have lost. If I had to guess a more rejuvenated 1 & 2 seeds would have been more of a challenge matchups for a tired or weary 3 & 4 seeds! 🤷

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
It does have a tinge of sour grapes plus an honest point that deserves to be heard. The problem with just making your point to the powers that be….. it’s the NCAA, they never do anything unless publicly called out.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Ok I'm such a sucker but I did the one day pass for $5. Ball out says we are getting a visit from #18 PG Madisen McDaniel. Which makes me wonder about Jaloni who Ball Out says is leaning towards Louisville. Also says there is a shake up in rankings and Joyce is now #1, Sarah Strong #2, Jaloni #3 and Blanca has falling to #23 after a poor showing at Boo Williams tourney.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

Rest is overrated. LSU played 6 players, basically. The Denver Nuggets have been playing 6 players in the playoff (and their games are longer and faster paced).

If we had played Zia, Aliyah, Beal, Raven and Cardoso in our starting lineup with Amihere and Breezy coming off the bench, we would have won. Water under the bridge at this point.

I'm not going to tell Dawn to let it go because she might be using it as motivation for next year. Remember how she complained about the balls the last time we lost to UCONN? Huskies fans called it "sour grapes", but they haven't beaten us since.

Reactions: Sis_aac9

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Ok I'm such a sucker but I did the one day pass for $5. Ball out says we are getting a visit from #18 PG Madisen McDaniel. Which makes me wonder about Jaloni who Ball Out says is leaning towards Louisville. Also says there is a shake up in rankings and Joyce is now #1, Sarah Strong #2, Jaloni #3 and Blanca has falling to #23 after a poor showing at Boo Williams tourney.
Thanks!!! Help my memory. If I recall Strong is a big lean to NC STATE? Where is Koval ranked? What do you know about us and Adhel Tac? I believe we made her list.

We are still in the picture with the top 5 national recruits; Edwards, Strong, Cambridge, Koval, and Carlton. Also #7 Kennedy Smith, #11 Imari Berry and now McDaniel.

I need us to have birdie in the nest this summer!!! Screw this being on pins and needles til the fall or later

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I had heard about Thomas' poor showing at that tournament. I didn't want to mention it in this forum in the off chance someone in her family reads these boards. And to bring it up after she committed to UNC seemed petty. But now that it's out there...yeah, her performance was disappointing. Not saying she couldn't have helped us down the line, but even superior players like Sania Feagin have to wait their turn here.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Thanks!!! Help my memory. If I recall Strong is a big lean to NC STATE? Where is Koval ranked? What do you know about us and Adhel Tac? I believe we made her list.

We are still in the picture with the top 5 national recruits; Edwards, Strong, Cambridge, Koval, and Carlton. Also #7 Kennedy Smith, #11 Imari Berry and now McDaniel.

Strong's father is a former NC State athlete, I believe. Not sure though how important that will be in her decision.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Rest is overrated. LSU played 6 players, basically. The Denver Nuggets have been playing 6 players in the playoff (and their games are longer and faster paced).

If we had played Zia, Aliyah, Beal, Raven and Cardoso in our starting lineup with Amihere and Breezy coming off the bench, we would have won. Water under the bridge at this point.

I'm not going to tell Dawn to let it go because she might be using it as motivation for next year. Remember how she complained about the balls the last time we lost to UCONN? Huskies fans called it "sour grapes", but they haven't beaten us since.
As always you raise excellent points. DS looks at the systemic side of BB pretty intensely. She raised a rather basic WTF question?? Why did 2 teams have an extra day advantage in the FF. True, it had no effect on stamina, but it did on prep/practice. How did it occur that the top two overall seeds were in the two regionals that lost a day of prep? That shouldn’t happen

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I had heard about Thomas' poor showing at that tournament. I didn't want to mention it in this forum in the off chance someone in her family reads these boards. And to bring it up after she committed to UNC seemed petty. But now that it's out there...yeah, her performance was disappointing. Not saying she couldn't have helped us down the line, but even superior players like Sania Feagin have to wait their turn here.
Could you say a little more about Thomas’ performance that got her downgraded. Soft on the inside? Poor shooting? Didn’t match up with the competition stepped up a notch?

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022

I need us to have birdie in the nest this summer!!! Screw this being on pins and needles til the fall or later
I have always heard that about Strong but wonder if the fact that the Wolfpack do not appear to be the power house they once were will play into her decision?
Adhel is #21 on hooopgurlz. I have no idea where we stand with her. Koval is # 3 on hoopgulrz not sure about prospect nation which is the rankings I think ball out is referring to.
I wonder about our relationship with Koval and Strong which are not being followed by Dawn but are being followed by atleast one assistant. On the other hand Dawn is also not following Justice Carlton even though she named us in her final 5. Wonder what causes Dawn to follow some and not others?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I’m so dumb.
How dumb are you?
I’m so dumb I forgot to ask, is there a date for McDaniel’s visit?

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
It just says June. Also re:Jaloni they said Kitts was a lock To UL and we saw how that turned out. Hope they are wrong again!
I will be pleasantly surprised if she comes here because I'm not expecting it. She thrives with the ball in her hand. Truly exceptional in the open court. With Raven, Cooper and Fulwiley already here...that's a lot of talented players who handle the ball well. Definitely less competition at Louisville. She would be the primary ball handler day one there.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Y’all made me curious about the state of the L’ville program. They are a train wreck!! Lost 10 players off the roster. Four to graduation and SIX in the portal.
Had one top 50 recruit committed but she flipped to A&M. So no recruiting class at all. Brought in 6 players from the portal. All six averaged double figures, although 2 are coming off injuries.

They only have 10 on the roster and 6 are scheduled to graduate. Just yikes!

They have averaged 29 wins a year for the last 11 years. Walz is paddling like hell to keep his head above water. ESPN has them as a 7 seed and they appear to have enough talent to be in the tournament. That said, it is a lot of moving parts.

For a perennial power They are in a serious rebuild mode. Next year they will need to bring in 8-9 players through recruiting class and portal. They damn sure can sell Cambridge on playing time. However this is a program at a crossroads and today(and that can change dramatically in 6 months) they seem to be in a very sticky wicket.

cockyclt

Sep 22, 2022
Oh wow thank you for stepping up and paying! Ooh interesting, I had no idea McDaniel was on our radar. She looks really good.

anonymous gamecock

Joined Oct 7, 2021
Feb 16, 2022
Losing out on Cambridge would be a loss, she's the PG Dawn's had circled for a very long time. So it's disheartening to hear that Louisville currently leads. But there's a very long way until November of 2023, and i'd be shocked if we don't get an official visit. Plus she's visited unoficially a few times already.

Not surprised McDaniel is going to visit, especially if Cambridge is leaning towards Louisville. Dawn's going to attract PG's no matter what.

Edwards' deservedly should be the #1 or #2 prospect in the country, she's just been outstanding all year long. 6-3 and is the total package at both ends of the floor.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
If I remember correctly Cambridge and Fuliwiley were on the same all-star team a few weeks ago. Their playing time was staggered. The coach was the freshman guard from LSU. Doesn't take much coaching experience to realize they both are potentially explosive scorers with the ball in their hands.

But who knows? Perhaps Cambridge enjoyed playing with Fuliwiley and she'll come here, even if it means handling the ball less.

I definitely think there will be a lot of emphasis on Fuliwiley learning to play off the ball. I assume Steph Curry is a player she models her game on and he's excellent off the ball.

Last edited:

Sis_aac9

Mar 24, 2022
If I remember correctly Cambridge and Fuliwiley were on the same all-star team a few weeks ago. Their playing time was staggered. The coach was the freshman guard from LSU. Doesn't take much coaching experience to realize they both are potentially explosive scorers with the ball in their hands.

But who knows? Perhaps Cambridge enjoyed playing with Fuliwiley and she'll come here, even if it means handling the ball less.

I definitely think there will be a lot of emphasis on Fuliwiley learning to play off the ball. I assume Steph Curry is a player she models her game on and he's excellent off the ball.

I think we will get Cambridge because her relationship with FBC AAU team and if we get Joyce Edwards that she plays with aau together. Even Raven Johnson played in FBC aau team.

Reactions: DarkCock

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I think we will get Cambridge because her relationship with FBC AAU team and if we get Joyce Edwards that she plays with aau together. Even Raven Johnson played in FBC aau team.
**fingers crossed**

Anyone know where Cambridge's sister ended up?

Reactions: Sis_aac9

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Just dreaming but if we do get Cambridge and Edwards…. “Hey Kateryna Koval, hey Justice Carlton come play with us😏😏😏

Reactions: cockyclt

Latest posts