2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Doing what bullies always do when confronted, play the victim.

“ I’m not scared of the Washington Post. Let me say it again, I’m not scared of the Washington Post. I lot of people may be scared of the Washington Post, but I’m not scared of the Washington Post.”🤣🤣🤣🤣

She stole Reese's script for the "We're not scared of South Carolina". Maybe Mulkey should realize - LSU is 0-4 to South Carolina since she became their head coach. Perhaps she should be scared of the Washington Post.......

debordieu cock

Joined Jun 2, 2000
Jan 20, 2022
Doing what bullies always do when confronted, play the victim.

“ I’m not scared of the Washington Post. Let me say it again, I’m not scared of the Washington Post. A lot of people may be scared of the Washington Post, but I’m not scared of the Washington Post.”🤣🤣🤣🤣
That is hysterical! I don't care who you are that right there is down right funny. ...like, help me catch my breath funny!

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
Not LSU, and not Southern Cal. I will go bonkers hearing it live in Cleveland, people refer to the wrong school as USC.

Would love to shut down Clark, i.e., hold her to under 30, and win convincingly on 04/07. Then see the solar eclipse live nearby the next day.

Would love the same thing. The only problem is I said the same thing last year. I truly thought there was NO WAY she would dice us up like she did, and we all know how that went.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Would love the same thing. The only problem is I said the same thing last year. I truly thought there was NO WAY she would dice us up like she did, and we all know how that went.
Iowa scored 77 points. We didn't lose because of our defense.

Reactions: Uscg1984

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Hopefully, a more balanced team and better three-point shooting will make the difference.

Reactions: DarkCock

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
Iowa scored 77 points. We didn't lose because of our defense.

Not to mention, that team last year found its identity in its defense. It was no secret that we struggled in areas on offense, but our defense is why everyone thought we were unbeatable. And for them to give up 25 points more than their season average, to the one player they knew they had to contain no less, there is no denying that Clark killed us. I stand by my statement.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Not to mention, that team last year found its identity in its defense. It was no secret that we struggled in areas on offense, but our defense is why everyone thought we were unbeatable. And for them to give up 25 points more than their season average, to the one player they knew they had to contain no less, there is no denying that Clark killed us. I stand by my statement.
Clark hit 8 3's and Iowa scored 85 against LSU and they still lost by 18 points because LSU didn't have 3 starters combine to score 1 field goal. I stand by my statement.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I really don't think Clark really killed us. I get it she was the leading scorer and everything, but who really killed us is Czinano. We often try to give dominant scorers tough looks and sometimes they still succeed despite pretty good defense. We've seen that quite a few times over the years with Pili, Alexis Morris, Rhyne Howard and more.

The difference is that we usually shut everyone else down because one player even hot shooting can't defeat a team. So while many hated the gameplan I didn't mind that Beal was shutting down a recently hot shooting Gabbie Marshall for a majority of the game.

The problem lies with Aliyah getting in uncharacteristic (horrible calls) foul trouble and was never able to recover from it. Czinano also in foul trouble didn't let that stop her and was able to use her footwork to get by our remaining posts, similar to how Pili was able to take advantage of our posts this year.

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Gamecocks win 88-41 to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

South Carolina's bench out-scored UNC 51-41, as reserve and true freshman Milaysia Fulwiley led the team with 20 pts on 8-15 shooting, 4-7 from beyond the 3-pt. arc. She scored 17 pts in Round 1, and is now shooting 9-17 (.529) from the three thus far in this tournament.

She also had 9 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks - Fulwiley got a taste of Tournament MVPs from the SEC Tournament, and is wanting more it looks like....

The Gamecocks await their next opponent in either Indiana and Oklahoma.....

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Hail, Dawn Staley!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

She started Watkins and in the 1st 4 seconds of the game, she was at the foul line. Love it! If you think your best lineup includes AW, then play that lineup from the beginning. Man, did they ever set the tone. And Chloe still came in relatively early and played her usual minutes. It's more about a mentality of playing with a sense of urgency. Oh, and no Walker until the 4th, despite being up 30+ minutes for most of the game. SW got plenty of minutes in 4th. Again, it's just about mentality.

btw, I saw some unc fan complaints about Dawn laying it on, but Feagin is pretty deep on our bench. She barely played in the first game.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Hail, Dawn Staley!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

She started Watkins and in the 1st 4 seconds of the game, she was at the foul line. Love it! If you think your best lineup includes AW, then play that lineup from the beginning. Man, did they ever set the tone. And Chloe still came in relatively early and played her usual minutes. It's more about a mentality of playing with a sense of urgency. Oh, and no Walker until the 4th, despite being up 30+ minutes for most of the game. SW got plenty of minutes in 4th. Again, it's just about mentality.

btw, I saw some unc fan complaints about Dawn laying it on, but Feagin is pretty deep on our bench. She barely played in the first game.
This approach is the right approach and the only approach than can win us the national championship. Playing for keeps now.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Clark hit 8 3's and Iowa scored 85 against LSU and they still lost by 18 points because LSU didn't have 3 starters combine to score 1 field goal. I stand by my statement.
Correct. And Clark was only 5 of 17 from the 3-point arc against us last year, but we kept sending defenders out to the logo to guard her, leaving the big girl wide open under the basket. Clark is a generational talent and is probably going to score her points no matter what - just don't let those other doofuses on the team get a bunch of easy buckets. If she wants to throw up 20 3-pointers from 10 feet behind the arc, let her.

Reactions: Orion and DarkCock

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
My only complaint was that we didn't try another three-pointer at the end to win by 50!

It was 56 - 19 at halftime. The fact that we only scored 32 points in the 2nd half is proof positive that Dawn didn't "lay it on" them, despite how much I would have liked for her to.

Latest posts