2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
Did you see ESPN dropped Joyce in their rankings, despite winning Gatorade National Player of the Year and Co-MVP of the McDonald's All-American Game (also named all-tournament at the U19 FIBA tourney)? 😏
It literally means nothing Dark, which I know you are aware of, but it isn’t even a thing tbh, they all get to college on the same starting line, Edwards will be a great one.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Reagan Beers just hit the portal. She’ll be a top Center target. some speculation she may end up at Texas (one of her recruiting finalists) which could be the reason DeYona Gatson jumped in the portal from there yesterday.

That’s 4 out of 5 Oregon St. starters and their top bench 3pt shooter in Hansford gone from a Top 15 & elite 8 team that had all its players eligible to return. brutal turn of events for their coach and fans

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Aalyiah Boston was ranked #3, and she should've been ranked #1. I look at this a sign that maybe Joyce will out perform the ones ranked ahead of her. Don't go by those rankings.

Remember Rhyne Howard at UK? She was ranked at #32 in their polls. We know how that ended. She was #1 in that class.

Reactions: cockyclt

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Reagan Beers just hit the portal. She’ll be a top Center target. some speculation she may end up at Texas (one of her recruiting finalists) which could be the reason DeYona Gatson jumped in the portal from there yesterday.

That’s 4 out of 5 Oregon St. starters and their top bench 3pt shooter in Hansford gone from a Top 15 & elite 8 team that had all its players eligible to return. brutal turn of events for their coach and fans
This is the consequence of Football realignment. The WCC is a significant step down outside of Gonzaga and I can't fault the players for leaving. I feel for Scott Rueck he got his dream job at his alma mater and his team looks poised to be a top team and then this happens.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Raegan Beers in the portal. She will be the top Post player next year, imo after seeing her play in the NCAA tournament. She is a banger. If IOWA had had her, they would've won more games in the B10.

Attachments

• 20240411_193238.jpg
    20240411_193238.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 4

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
This girls team ended up being #14 on the all-time rankings list by Massey. I thought they might crack the top 10 but don't have a clue as to the criteria they use to determine the rankings. Also of note, we are 167-9 over the last 5 seasons. Very close to being considered a dynasty if we aren't there already....

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
So I’m guessing this was the huge portal news even though everyone could see this coming bc of all the other Beavers who had already jumped ship.

the entire UConn team is now following Beers 🤔

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
So I’m guessing this was the huge portal news even though everyone could see this coming bc of all the other Beavers who had already jumped ship.

the entire UConn team is now following Beers 🤔
I don't think this was it. Like you said, it was a matter of time for Beers so this is not shocking at all.

Reactions: CockyGirl

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Aalyiah Boston was ranked #3, and she should've been ranked #1. I look at this a sign that maybe Joyce will out perform the ones ranked ahead of her. Don't go by those rankings.

Remember Rhyne Howard at UK? She was ranked at #32 in their polls. We know how that ended. She was #1 in that class.
I think that Strong girl will be the real deal - just an impression I have.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
This girls team ended up being #14 on the all-time rankings list by Massey. I thought they might crack the top 10 but don't have a clue as to the criteria they use to determine the rankings. Also of note, we are 167-9 over the last 5 seasons. Very close to being considered a dynasty if we aren't there already....
I think it's very difficult to compare teams from different eras. I think it's important to remember that there is more talent overall in the women's game today than there was in decades past or even 10 years ago. None of the girls playing in college today can remember a time when there wasn't a WNBA. They've all grown up with the dream of playing in the WNBA, which has resulted in more girls taking basketball seriously. I think it was easier to be dominant during the Tennessee era or during the early UCONN era when it seemed like there were about 10 girls who were far and away the most talented players in the country (and those 10 girls all went to the same 3 or 4 programs). The talent is still more concentrated than in the men's game, but there are more contenders in the women's game now than ever before. Dawn hasn't just built a dynasty, but she's managed to do it when women's college basketball is more popular than ever.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I came across a post by a Stanford fan claiming that ACC travel won't be any worse than traveling to play South Carolina and Tennessee and the Cardinal still won the NCAA tournament that year. He even came up with this image.

USCF3.png

But as I started to think about it, 2020-21 was the COVID season when there were no fans in the stands. We didn't play Stanford during the regular season that year.

It was the following year, 2021-2022, that Stanford played in Columbia (and Knoxville). They lost here and later lost in the Elite Eight.

The next season we traveled Stanford and won that game but lost in the Final Four.

I don't know if cross-country travel affected either team in the NCAA tournament, but his attempt to suggest that it's no big deal completely failed. I mean, look at that travel schedule for Stanford. Absolutely insane. No way to spin it. While I thought having a rival on the other coast was fun that's a lot different than Stanford flying to Clemson (or Greenville and then drive to Clemson or however that works) on a Wednesday to play in front of a few hundred fans.

Tara took one look at that travel schedule and said, "I'm out." If the new coach can keep Stanford a top ten program, I'll be very impressed.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I came across a post by a Stanford fan claiming that ACC travel won't be any worse than traveling to play South Carolina and Tennessee and the Cardinal still won the NCAA tournament that year. He even came up with this image.

View attachment 556644

But as I started to think about it, 2020-21 was the COVID season when there were no fans in the stands. We didn't play Stanford during the regular season that year.

It was the following year, 2021-2022, that Stanford played in Columbia (and Knoxville). They lost here and later lost in the Elite Eight.

The next season we traveled Stanford and won that game but lost in the Final Four.

I don't know if cross-country travel affected either team in the NCAA tournament, but his attempt to suggest that it's no big deal completely failed. I mean, look at that travel schedule for Stanford. Absolutely insane. No way to spin it. While I thought having a rival on the other coast was fun that's a lot different than Stanford flying to Clemson (or Greenville and then drive to Clemson or however that works) on a Wednesday to play in front of a few hundred fans.

Tara took one look at that travel schedule and said, "I'm out." If the new coach can keep Stanford a top ten program, I'll be very impressed.
That fan is definitely delusional about how hard this will be. Haley Jones and her teammates have mentioned numerous times how hard that season was due to the traveling plus the Covid restrictions. Its completely different playing 2-3 games east of the Mississippi and playing majority of of your conference games across the country. I wouldn't be surprised if they had all the non football sports move into another conference to limit travel.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Another one from LSU in the portal ... Janae Kent. Just think if Kim had actually played these girls more in the blowouts they had this year, they might have stuck around.

LSU fans just happy it frees up another spot for all the top transfers they think they are going to get.

Culture fit is a thing and I just don't see the likes of Beers, Lucy Olsen or Lily Hansford fitting in at LSU. I could be wrong though :/

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Another one from LSU in the portal ... Janae Kent. Just think if Kim had actually played these girls more in the blowouts they had this year, they might have stuck around.

LSU fans just happy it frees up another spot for all the top transfers they think they are going to get.

Culture fit is a thing and I just don't see the likes of Beers, Lucy Olsen or Lily Hansford fitting in at LSU. I could be wrong though :/
So much for that #1 recruiting class 😀😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Goody and DarkCock

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022

I think ADR hits the portal as well. And hopefully some big names that are going to "break the internet" :ROFLMAO:

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022

View attachment 556644

You would think somebody from Stanford would understand the difference between the cumulative effect of frequent cross-country travel versus a few isolated instances of it. There's also a big difference between getting yourself psyched up to fly to San Antonio to play in the NCAA tournament and getting yourself psyched up to play a mid-week game in Miami, Clemson, or Boston that is sandwiched between a calculus test on Tuesday and a group presentation on Thursday or Friday - and then maybe doing it all again for a Saturday game on the east coast.

Reactions: DarkCock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Eniya Russell and HVL are both visiting Miss St this weekend.

HVL makes great sense to MISS ST. Reunite with Purcell, regain some confidence and play in a place that is not a mad house.

Russell gets to trade up but I’m not sure she gets an offer from Purcell.

LSU has a weird roster right now. 10 players so they can give 5 more in the portal. From all signs it is a massively dysfunctional culture; players, coach, fans, even the media. Would not be surprised to see still more jump ship

Williams, Johnson, and Morrow are top flight.
Smith is a good player coming off injury.
Poa and Del Rosario can play but not sure they are top flight
Wolfenbarger stats and minutes went down her Sophomore year. As I understand she did not practice with the team this season, who knows what she can be.
Bezzelmann and Bartlett career end of the bench
Fr. Richards barely in the top 100 another short PG.

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
Clarification of the graphic in the "X" which only lists five if the six games:

Kamilla had 22 points in the semifinals vs. NCSU in the final four.
Tessa had 19 in the finals vs Iowa.

Counting Kitts as a freshman, the frosh led the team in scoring four of the six games.

KC was, however, dominant for the season. Her production -- "on both sides of the ball" as Dawn likes to say -- will be hard to replace.

That idiom (?) drives me crazy. King can correct if I used the wrong term to describe "both sides of the ball." :ROFLMAO:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Clarification of the graphic in the "X" which only lists five if the six games:

Kamilla had 22 points in the semifinals vs. NCSU in the final four.
Tessa had 19 in the finals vs Iowa.

Counting Kitts as a freshman, the frosh led the team in scoring four of the six games.

KC was, however, dominant for the season. Her production -- "on both sides of the ball" as Dawn likes to say -- will be hard to replace.

That idiom (?) drives me crazy. King can correct if I used the wrong term to describe "both sides of the ball." :ROFLMAO:
Wrong sport. "both sides of the ball" refers to football. "both sides of the court" is basketball. I feel your pain. :ROFLMAO:

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I really don’t know what names would bust the internet. I could only really imagine if it were juju Watkins or Hannah Hidalgo. Otherwise no names really seem to be that big to break internet. Buekers isn’t leaving UConn so not sure who it would be. Maybe Morrow leaving LSU or Flau’jae?

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

Lattimore started following Dawn. Spearman started following Raven, Chloe and Fuliwiley. Lay followed her back.

Doesn't necessarily mean Dawn is interested; of course I think any player in the portal would be flattered to hear from Dawn Staley. Just some names to keep in mind, especially if Walker doesn't return.

Edit to add: Apparently we offered Spearman out of high school

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
This was posted on TIF And I had to share, hilarious

His videos aways pop up in my suggestions constantly and I can't help but watch them. Here's the entire video, including going over Iowa's 1st half defense. Little wonder Stuekle didn't play much in the 2nd half.

"Caitlin Clark can't guard air" 😂

Last edited:

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
This was a toxic relationship before she even got on campus. Velez and Del Rosario were joined at the hip. Played 3 years together in HS at 2 Basketball academies. Velez was ranked #35 in HoopGurlz. She did not garner the offers one would expect from that ranking. She announced they were a package deal for college.

As I have been told this ended our recruitment of Del Rosario as Staley didn’t believe Velez was good enough to play here and she wasn’t going to be bullied.

Mulkey said sure, you’re great, y’all come on down. I believe she had no intention of playing Velez. Too short and a little slow to be a SEC PG(Where have I heard that before) So basically KM Lied to get Del Rosario.

Will Del Rosario jump? NEVER NEVER take a package deal where one player can’t play
Roche and Owens were a package deal. And Owens was the real target.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
His videos aways pop up in my suggestions constantly and I can't help but watch them. Here's the entire video, including going over Iowa's 1st half defense. Little wonder Stuekle didn't play much in the 2nd half.

"Caitlin Clark can't guard air" 😂

That’s Awful Coaching. Screaming about bad coaching strategy. If it was up to him, every basketball coach would be fired. That’s his thing. It’s funny especially when he is right.